+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cake Boss

FORT Regular

Cake Boss

Does anyone else watch this show??

I love it! It does make you crave cake but Buddy's cakes are so beautiful specialty cakes. Also it makes it even better because he is such a good guy, he works with the make a wish and garden of dreams foundation and has kids come to his shop so he can work with them and let them decorate their own cakes. I wish I could go decorate cakes with them MSG.com Video On Demand New York Liberty

Re: Cake Boss

I know! When ever I watch it I end up digging through the pantry for something sweet! I enjoy this show because I also like the family run business part too.

I love this show! I sometimes fall asleep and miss it, but they do rerun it later so I'm glad.

The only problem I have with the show is that it makes me crave CAKE!!! I seriously get a craving for fondant and icing and all the good stuff they use to make all those fancy cakes.

But it kind of grosses me out that they seem to use their hands alot. I mean, I am sure they keep them clean, but....it just sort of bothers me.

Good show though.
    He's a funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3682021;
    I love this show! I sometimes fall asleep and miss it, but they do rerun it later so I'm glad.

The only problem I have with the show is that it makes me crave CAKE!!! I seriously get a craving for fondant and icing and all the good stuff they use to make all those fancy cakes.

But it kind of grosses me out that they seem to use their hands alot. I mean, I am sure they keep them clean, but....it just sort of bothers me.

Good show though.
    He's a funny guy.
    I, too love the show and your comment reminds me of something I read about another favorite show, "Say Yes to the Dress." One of the consultants was asked about their most difficult customer and they replied that there was one bride who wanted a "virgin dress." One untouched by human hands. She instructed that the seamstresses during the making of her gown were to wear gloves as were the steamers, alterations people and so on. No one's hands were allowed to touch her dress. The consultant sweetly agreed and then the dress was made like every other - by people's hands.
    I own a bridal shop and I know we wash our hands before touching a dress. I imagine a bakery has very strict guidelines and keep their hands clean but they need to use them as any other artist would.

I really like this show.
    It does feel a little staged at times, but most "unscripted" shopws seem to have moments like that.
    The heinous bride who didn't like her cake was something else.
    It was bad enough that they came to see Buddy just a few days before the wedding, but she was so rude throughout the entire consultation and when she saw the cake deemed it ugly and started covering it in coloured icing when Buddy had to leave the room.
    I would have been very much inclined to tell her mother to "shove it", that's about as polite as I could have been, when she asked for another cake to be made.
    I don't care how good a customer she is.

The new cake would not have been my choice, but it was beautiful and the miserable bride wouldn't even get up off her chair to look at it and was so stubborn as to say she liked it, but didn't want to acknowledge that to Buddy.
    Her husband is in for a world of hurt.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff-
    I thought the same thing about that bride.....I wanted to reach thru the t.v and pop her one. Who does stuff like that???? If she isn't on meds. maybe she should be
    Buddy was nice enough to realize her mother had no idea and played nice and did another cake that was beautiful.
    I really liked the one where they made the roulette table and then took it to that private club and it looked like something out of the Godfather
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

I loved the roulette table cake, I liked that whole episode really.
    I don't think Buddy was at any risk of danger if he didn't make the cake or do a good job on it, but I did enjoy the whole "Godfather/Sopranos" angle, even if again I think it was somewhat staged.

I loved the little fishing boat cake they made that turned out to be for Buddy's birthday.
    It didn't look like much when he started carving away at it, it looked as though it was going to be too small, but I really liked how they finished it off and all the little touches they added.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3682062;
    I really like this show.
    It does feel a little staged at times, but most "unscripted" shopws seem to have moments like that.
    The heinous bride who didn't like her cake was something else.
    It was bad enough that they came to see Buddy just a few days before the wedding, but she was so rude throughout the entire consultation and when she saw the cake deemed it ugly and started covering it in coloured icing when Buddy had to leave the room.
    I would have been very much inclined to tell her mother to "shove it", that's about as polite as I could have been, when she asked for another cake to be made.
    I don't care how good a customer she is.

The new cake would not have been my choice, but it was beautiful and the miserable bride wouldn't even get up off her chair to look at it and was so stubborn as to say she liked it, but didn't want to acknowledge that to Buddy.
    Her husband is in for a world of hurt.
    OMG - didn't you just want to smack her across the face!!! She was so RUDE and acting like such a snot. If I had my way I would have taken that wedding cake she ruined and smeared it in her face - they already paid for it anyway! LOL I feel for her poor husband, what was he thinking????

FORT Fanatic

I've really enjoyed this series even though some of the events - in my opinion - were obviously staged, like the awful bride and the men dropping the elaborate cake when a film crew just happened to be on-site with tape rolling. The folks are not that good actors.

But Buddy is such a hoot.

I agree that it's staged. I think it works because they are such terrible at pretending, it's actually funny. Does anyone really think that guy forgot the day of his big party, "It's actually tonight" - ha! But whatever. I don't know why they feel like they have to put drama in every episode. Maybe to distinguish themselves from Ace of Cakes?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast