+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cake Boss

Re: Cake Boss

I wasn't fearful for Buddy's life in that episode either....bad acting but quite funny.
    I do believe alot of this is staged but it reminds me of some of the first shows like Andy Griffith and those where you know what's going to happen but wait to see how the actor's react to it.....and usually it was pretty bad acting but it still made it funny. Not picking on Andy that's just the first show of that sort that came to mind. I'm sure there are others but their names escape me at the moment. I know it's more like the first "horror" pictures like the "Blob" and those other teen-age movies with Frankie Avalon and Annette.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by kjfras;3682129;
    OMG - didn't you just want to smack her across the face!!! She was so RUDE and acting like such a snot. If I had my way I would have taken that wedding cake she ruined and smeared it in her face - they already paid for it anyway! LOL I feel for her poor husband, what was he thinking????
    If I'd been within hitting region I'd loved to have cracked her right round the skull. I'd have given her an extra dig on your behalf too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm truly not a violent person but maybe one for me too?????
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

I had fun watching this show, mainly because of the way the people speak to each other - what they say and how they say it.

For me, the absolutely very funniest moment in the whole series was the time the sisters were all yakking away at Buddy while he was trying to focus and concentrate, and "what he heard" was his sisters' voices sounding like Minnie Mouse. That was really, really sharp editing!

My husband and I have watched every episode of the show. We LOVE it. Does anybody know when the new season begins?

I was wondering that as well. Anyone?

According to Wikipedia: Shooting for the second season begins the week of July 12, 2010.

And you know they're never wrong.

I have not decided which I like better Cake Boss or Ace of Cake. They both do out of this world cake decorating and each has their own personalities.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

I like the idea that Cake Boss operates a real bakery and produces many other products besides cake. Buddy commented they don't normally offer bread, but everything else is produced in large quantities.

Also like the interaction between buddy and his sometimes wacky relatives and crew. Some of it is very contrived, but I will still look forward to a new series.

Ace of Cakes has been on for a while. I think Mary Ellen has gotten rather tedious - a little of her goes a long way, and she is getting a lot more face time than she used to.

MRD

I like both shows because while they both decorate cakes, they are both different. My best friend growing up was from a large Italian family and watching Cake boss is like being around her family again. I love it. And Buddy's cakes look like they would taste better than Duff's. He does more fillings and stuff.
    But both shows have their attractions.
    Buddy is funny and that one cousin of his, I can't remember his name, but they give him heck all the time, he is hysterical.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast