+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

New episode tonight, according to my listings.

Last one I saw had lizards crawling all over the inside of the house. Lizards! Geez. I see one spider and want to bomb the whole house....I can't imagine little green lizards everywhere. Maybe they were eating the roaches.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My husbands god-parents lived on the Gulf Coast (near Petersburg) and those lizards were everywhere. They somehow rarely ever made it into the house, but the screened-in porch had a good number of them. I am sure it takes some getting used to, but since they eat the bugs (also everywhere in Florida - and year round at that) I'd welcome them warmly.
    Debb70 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Cory Chalmers commented on his Facebook page today that they removed some shoes from a Hoarders house and donated them to Soles4Souls, Inc . . . . . . . . all SIX HUNDRED pairs!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm watching a new episode of Hoarders now. A guy named Manuel babysits his grandkids and a police officer coming to ticket him for his vehicle or yard (I forget which) noticed a child's toy in the house and called CPS to remove this kids. I don't understand where they get the right to take custody of the kids from their PARENTS when it's the GRANDPA'S house that's the problem and the kids don't live there. I can see where they wouldn't allow the grandpa to babysit the kids at his house but why remove the kids from their parents' home??

I do think it was a mistake for the parents to let the kids be at his grandpa's house when it was in that condition. They should have had grandpa come over to their house when they needed him to babysit. However, I don't think the parents deserve to have their kids taken from them for that decision.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

I think the disturbing part of this show is the families. I am disturbed by how many families are totally unaware how their parents,child,aunt,uncle,etc are living. I have a very close knit family always around and there is no way my home would get in that condition without some intervention from someone.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I liked this show a lot better the first couple of seasons when it was more like a documentary. Now it's getting reality-tv gimmicky, with the Matt spending the night (why?) and the extreme makeover-like big reveal with people clapping. When you can find people who save their own poop, that's good TV right there.
    MsDiva2007 and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm watching a new episode of Hoarders now. A guy named Manuel babysits his grandkids and a police officer coming to ticket him for his vehicle or yard (I forget which) noticed a child's toy in the house and called CPS to remove this kids. I don't understand where they get the right to take custody of the kids from their PARENTS when it's the GRANDPA'S house that's the problem and the kids don't live there. I can see where they wouldn't allow the grandpa to babysit the kids at his house but why remove the kids from their parents' home??

I do think it was a mistake for the parents to let the kids be at his grandpa's house when it was in that condition. They should have had grandpa come over to their house when they needed him to babysit. However, I don't think the parents deserve to have their kids taken from them for that decision.
    They didn't focus on it very much but the parents' house was a deplorable mess....no matter what the son said about him needing a neat house.
    They barely showed the clean up that they did prior to Manuel's house, which was much much worse. But both homes needed cleaning to allow children to live there. That was a rule enforced by Police/CPS.
    It has become gimmicky...trying to sleep there...that proves what???? Silly.

That woman last night was insufferable. "I'm not a hoarder because I don't have dead animals in the house." Oh, okay. So those enormous piles of crap everywhere are just decorative. I don't blame the kids for not wanting to stay there, their mom wouldn't even let her sister toss a little rock out without having a fit.

I felt for the other guy, having a dad in the German SS. Yikes.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Not sure exactly WHY there was a break in showing episodes, but . . . . HOARDERS will be returning on December 3rd.

Yea I am at the point where this show is rapidly jumping the shark tank. Spending the night & remodeling the homes; so basically live like a pig, get your home cleanned up & remodeled for free. They just rewarded bad behaviour.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread