+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Dr. Green needs to have her eyebrows redrawn, they are freaky looking.
    There's no place like home!

Poor Matt, trying to stay in that house overnight. The first thing I heard rustling in the dark would have sent me running out to my car!

Her house looked nice when they were done, though. At least she appreciated the people painting the walls, unlike the other one.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Poor Matt, trying to stay in that house overnight. The first thing I heard rustling in the dark would have sent me running out to my car!

Her house looked nice when they were done, though. At least she appreciated the people painting the walls, unlike the other one.
    No kidding! When the voice-over was telling us that most people would look at her behavior and call her a jerk, I was thinking "YES! That's exactly what I'd call her!" Sorry, I know it's a mental problem, but good grief. It's just PAINT! Did she really think it looked better before when there were piles of crap everywhere? That bathroom was horrifying before they cleaned it. All I could think was how ungrateful and selfish she was through that whole process and how awful she was to her husband and her sons.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought that one lady's son, Eric, was right on--she IS selfish! She wants her family to live in squalor because she won't stop buying junk they don't need or make any effort to keep the place clean and organized. She can't even appreciate it when people do come to fix her house. The walls were going to have to be painted anyway and it's no biggie to paint them again after the crews leave if the color palette isn't to her liking. Seriously, you couldn't hardly even see the walls before the cleanup. Talk about ingratitude. I can't believe the husband and kids are choosing to stay with her. If I was them, I would move out and leave her to that mess. She doesn't listen to a word they say and obviously their feelings, opinions, quality of life, etc. mean nothing to her.

There's no way I would entertain the idea of staying overnight in a hoarders' home. Besides the obvious ick factor and the impractical nature of it (since often the plumbing doesn't work in those homes), I couldn't imagine it would be healthy to be in that environment, breathing in that filth. Even with protective gear on, I'd think you would get some exposure to it.

Yeah, that one woman was unbearable. Then when she said she never wanted boys - and one of them heard her - I just felt so bad for them. That was a nice-looking family she had there, and all she could squawk about was her precious wallpaper being painted. So stupid and unappreciative of what she had.

I have had the unique experience of having to deal with a semi-hoarder recently. It's nothing like you see on tv, but in the same family. One hundred cans of cat food for one cat....just in case. Fifty old plastic bowls with no lids, that are never used, but kept just in case. Fifty empty milk cartons....just in case. Homemade pickles from the 1990's.....kept because they will never go bad. You get my point. I'm not arguing with her about some of these things. I'm throwing them out without comment. If she notices later, she can be angry with me. It's a safety thing.
    NEPASue likes this.

No new Hoarders tonight - what gives? I need motivation to clean the garage, darn it.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Come over to my house. It's not as bad as the homes on Hoarders but maybe it will motivate you enough to start on your garage...after you stay and help me clean up a bit!

If you do a good job, I'll go help you with your garage.

Hey, I just had a great idea for a new reality show! Trading Hoards. It would be like Trading Spaces except the people would be trading homes to go clean someone else's hoard. It would be great because without the emotional attachment to the stuff, they should get it through it quickly. They'd have to include a rule that they couldn't take anything from the house they're working on back to their place. They don't need to literally trade hoards because that would defeat the purpose of the show.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    fireflyer and Debb70 like this.

Great idea!

Didn't the new season just start and we're already not getting episodes? That sucks! I cannot see how Matt or Corey stayed overnight in thoses houses. My skin was crawling just at the mere thought of something running over me or touching me in one of those houses.

+ Reply to Thread