+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

I saw one of the worst cases of hoarding this past weekend. It was about the woman who is a psychologist herself, but a terrible hoarder. There was leaking water all inside the house and mold and also it was totally infested with ROACHES. They were everywhere. They were crawling on the walls, on all the clothes, on the kitchen counters. There was standing water in the kitchen sink with mosquitoe larvae hatching! The roaches would jump on you when you walked in the front door! The adult son said they crawled all over him while he tried to sleep! They were all in the fridge! It was CRAZY.

When they moved the fridge out, there was a mound of roach poop about a foot high!!!!!!! This case was really crazy. THe only thing they didn't find was dead animals or maybe the roaches ate them! Seriously.

What was so crazy about this case is that when they were cleaning it up, they had a pile for DONATE. DONATE? Are you kidding me? Everything in that house was infested with roaches. WHO in their right mind would consider donating that filthy stuff? The person in charge should have explained you can't donate disease ridden items.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw one of the worst cases of hoarding this past weekend. It was about the woman who is a psychologist herself, but a terrible hoarder. There was leaking water all inside the house and mold and also it was totally infested with ROACHES. They were everywhere. They were crawling on the walls, on all the clothes, on the kitchen counters. There was standing water in the kitchen sink with mosquitoe larvae hatching! The roaches would jump on you when you walked in the front door! The adult son said they crawled all over him while he tried to sleep! They were all in the fridge! It was CRAZY.

When they moved the fridge out, there was a mound of roach poop about a foot high!!!!!!! This case was really crazy. THe only thing they didn't find was dead animals or maybe the roaches ate them! Seriously.

What was so crazy about this case is that when they were cleaning it up, they had a pile for DONATE. DONATE? Are you kidding me? Everything in that house was infested with roaches. WHO in their right mind would consider donating that filthy stuff? The person in charge should have explained you can't donate disease ridden items.
    I agree. Watching these shows and all the things they want to donate or sell on Ebay... yuck!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The one on A&E this past Monday was even too much for me. This one was with the woman whose mattress was completely covered by human & cat body waste. It was so bad she covered the top with newspaper. The house ended up being condemmed because not only was it infested with trash, poop, bugs & other critters it was also structurely unsafe. An entire section of the house was being held up by a 2x4 that was not even nailed into place.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Yes, I just watched that episode last night. The one woman became sick and they had to remove her through the window because they couldn't gain access through the doors. The one house was completely infested with roaches and it looked like the son's face may have been bitten by the roaches or something to me. I felt so bad for him.

Oh my, I missed that episode. Sickening.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I sometimes wonder if the show gives hoarders a Donate pile just to make it easier for them to give their stuff up. If they feel like their castoffs are going to somebody, they won't feel like they're going to waste. When in reality the fine print probably reads something like "acceptable items will be donated" and all the items are declared unacceptable so they're donated to the incinerator.

It's just nasty to think that stuff from a hoard could go to an unsuspecting new owner!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I sometimes wonder if the show gives hoarders a Donate pile just to make it easier for them to give their stuff up. If they feel like their castoffs are going to somebody, they won't feel like they're going to waste. When in reality the fine print probably reads something like "acceptable items will be donated" and all the items are declared unacceptable so they're donated to the incinerator.

It's just nasty to think that stuff from a hoard could go to an unsuspecting new owner!
    I'd rather go without then get the disgusting junk some of these people have. I agree, I wonder if the donate pile is more for show and to keep them calm.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Yes, I just watched that episode last night. The one woman became sick and they had to remove her through the window because they couldn't gain access through the doors. The one house was completely infested with roaches and it looked like the son's face may have been bitten by the roaches or something to me. I felt so bad for him.
    And the lady with the roaches cleans houses for a living! I would be afraid she would bring some into my home if I employeed her!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And the lady with the roaches cleans houses for a living! I would be afraid she would bring some into my home if I employeed her!
    I said the exact same thing!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fanatic

Mary the woman who lived among the cats should have been taken from the house and put in a straight jacket. Then the county should have come in and demolished the house and used the money from the sale of the land to pay for the county costs associated with getting rid of that dump. That woman was not mentally stable. Im sorry but I have no sympathy for these people. I just dont see how having people dying forces you to live like a wild animal. The only people I feel bad for were her neighbors who had to smell the odors coming from the house. Im sure they all had a party when they saw them drag Mary away and the house was boarded up.

Her family was also a bunch of frauds. Crying at the end saying they were "there for her". Where were you when this loony toon was sleeping on a mattress covered in cat piss and crap?

+ Reply to Thread