+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

I don't understand why often here the last episode of Hoarders that I watch is different from what everyone else here has watched. The last one I saw was about this old mother who's two grown sons still lived with her and she needed knee surgery. The other half was about this guy who's alcoholic girlfriend died and he was despondent but responded to the clean-up very well.
    I'm so glad that I naturally clean up things and am very much into tossing unneeded things out or given to chairity. Today I think people have too many "things."
    Our parents' generation seemed to have only what they really needed and sometimes, not even that but made do without.
    I watch Hoarders but it gives me the heebee jeebees.
    Lizard likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

There are two Hoarding shows. One is Hoarders and the other is Hoarding: Buried Alive. I don't see separate threads for the two shows at this forum. It appears that everyone uses this one thread for both. That's probably where the confusion comes in.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    There are two Hoarding shows. One is Hoarders and the other is Hoarding: Buried Alive. I don't see separate threads for the two shows at this forum. It appears that everyone uses this one thread for both. That's probably where the confusion comes in.
    If anyone is interested, Animal Planet hosts: Confessions: Animal Hoarding Friday nights at 10pm EST

TGIF Everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am not a housekeeper, it is picked up, BUT if you go to my sewing room I can tell you exactly where everything is. It is all priorities.
    My office at work is a disaster but I can tell you where everything is. Mind you my work desk is about 25 feet long. A couple of times a year I do take the time to go through & clean out but normally I can't take that much time to do it. My home office, while much smaller, is cluttered but neater.

TLS's Hoarding Buried Alive is on Sunday's at 9 P.M.. A & E's Hoarders is on Monday's also at 9.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 01-06-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My office at work is a disaster but I can tell you where everything is. Mind you my work desk is about 25 feet long. A couple of times a year I do take the time to go through & clean out but normally I can't take that much time to do it. My home office, while much smaller, is cluttered but neater.

TLS's Hoarding Buried Alive is on Sunday's at 9 P.M.. A & E's Hoarders is on Monday's also at 9.
    I have several co-workers who's desks are disasters. I made a joke that we need a Hoarders intervention for one guy's desk. The bad part is their bad habits are overflowing onto the public help desks as we have no organizers etc (long story, new building, architects don't want to "spoil" the flow). this drives me crazy! I'll find news letters months old, personal paperwork, scraps of paper with nothing on them ... open bottles of water! I'm not the neatest person, but I like my workspaces to be organized otherwise you cant' find anything.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I have a much easier time organizing things at work because I have enough space for everything and don't have an emotional attachment to things there so as soon as I no longer need them I can get rid of them. It's much harder to organize my house because I don't have enough space for the things I've accumulated and I have a lot of sentimental attachment to the items I'm keeping. At least I don't hoard junk, like the people who can't get rid of dog hair because it's like throwing out their pet.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    like the people who can't get rid of dog hair because it's like throwing out their pet.

I can't even begin to imagine. And today after my cat was caught scratching my good couch, leaving gouges in the wood, I question keeping my cat! lol! I joke, I wouldn't get rid of him, I adore him, but boy when I saw that...grrrr......
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

You know the real saints on these shows? The doctors and therapists and organizers who help these people. I would NOT have the patience to deal with them. I'd be screaming at them to clean their crap up..I don't care that its a pile of whatever from a previous life. OR I'd be laughing myself silly whenever they gave me some BS. It just seems that most of theiir excuses are BS. Some of them really are mentally ill. I get that. But seems like a LOT are just dysfunctional lazy bums.

And what really burns my biscuits: when I see their children and animals living in these conditions. ugh.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I'd be screaming at them to clean their crap up..I don't care that its a pile of whatever from a previous life. OR I'd be laughing myself silly whenever they gave me some BS.
    You and me both!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    You know the real saints on these shows? The doctors and therapists and organizers who help these people. I would NOT have the patience to deal with them. I'd be screaming at them to clean their crap up..I don't care that its a pile of whatever from a previous life. OR I'd be laughing myself silly whenever they gave me some BS. It just seems that most of theiir excuses are BS. Some of them really are mentally ill. I get that. But seems like a LOT are just dysfunctional lazy bums.

And what really burns my biscuits: when I see their children and animals living in these conditions. ugh.
    When the men do it, it is interesting...anti-social for sure. One lawyer did it like a hobby that took on a life of its own.

When I watched it, I was looking for the logic. For some, I think it is an emotional paralysis. People with other mental disorders have children; and it is very sad.

I was watching Animal Hoarders. Since it is living things, that is a tough one. When I was in my twenties, my escape hatch was going to the zoo and looking at animals for hours on end. I keep pets until they expire of very old age.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread