+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    After I watch this show, I start getting rid of stuff . . . and I'm not a hoarder! My daughter commented at Thanksgiving about a turkey platter we've had for years, so I gave it to her for Christmas. I just can't imagine being surrounded by so much stuff as these folks are.
    Same here. I always have a mini cleaning fit after watching a couple episodes. The last marathon they ran got my closet cleaned out!
    AmyKay and AZChristian like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

I saw the bugs in the upcoming previews.....yuck!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Bugs - in general - don't bother me. Cockroaches . . . . oh no! Even thinking about them while I'm typing this gives me the willies! Gonna dvr that episode. If I watch it before I go to bed, I will never get to sleep!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I watched animal hoarders on animal planet. They were articulate in saying why they did what they did.
    You can do it!

everytime i watch this show I get into a cleaning jag myself. I am admittedly a borderline hoarder, I used to have so much junk. I can totally understand some of the reasons behind the hoarder's actions.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    everytime i watch this show I get into a cleaning jag myself. I am admittedly a borderline hoarder, I used to have so much junk. I can totally understand some of the reasons behind the hoarder's actions.
    For me the line is drawn when you can't use rooms in your house or can't walk around on the floor of your home. I remember some shows where the people are walking on mounds of trash up at ceiling level....
    AmyKay likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Okay, I am watching this and have this thought... slobs! Pigs! Disgusting! These are people who are pigs who don't want to clean... there is nothing of value or anything I have yet to see any of them not want to get rid of. It is all slop! I know people who have what she has and no one lives in bugville. Give me a break. She is using her condition as an excuse for her extreme piginess and so are her kids. The heck with them.... let them be consumed by roaches!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I think she decided the psychologist was a b***h because she recognized the truth and didn't like hearing it. She kept making it sound like the problem was that no one would empty the trash can in the kitchen. And then it was a big deal after the clean-up because she had a trash can in the bedroom, so things would NEVER get out of hand again. Sheesh. If that woman was healthy enough to haul her butt out to the car to go get something to eat, she was healthy enough to take a couple of pop bottles and cartons with her and throw them away. There was NO excuse for the way they lived. She was definitely a professional victim. "I have 13 disabilities." Who says that?

When I heard the ex husband say she would not let the kids live with him...my thought was LET! he should have been in court a long time ago taking custody of those kids. Once the daughter leaves home I have no doubt the place will become a pig sty again.
    There's no place like home!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    When I heard the ex husband say she would not let the kids live with him...my thought was LET! he should have been in court a long time ago taking custody of those kids. Once the daughter leaves home I have no doubt the place will become a pig sty again.
    He said something about her having "sole custody" . . . but all he had to do was have someone from CPS go into that house, and a court order would have removed those kids immediately. And at that age, they should have had some say in the matter of where they lived. Maybe they knew Dad would make them clean up after themselves. Even the daughter seemed pretty laid back about knocking the roaches out of the way while she was cooking. Definitely some dynamics going on behind the scenes on this one.

+ Reply to Thread