+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

I was relieved last night to see that the mother of the young girl finally agreed to get rid of the 100 plus cats she had in the house. The doctor had examined the child and told mom and grandma that the child had HIGH allergic reaction to the cats. It was making her asthma worse. At first Mom said, that the cats were her family too and she would not pick her daughter over the cats because they were all equal!!!!! I thought her mom, (the child's gramdma) was going to lose it. I was glad that she said she would protect her granddaughter from that environment, even if she had to call Child Protective Services. THANK GOD! Finally, a family member who cares more about the kid than hurting the hoarders feelings.

The child's mom finally gave up all the cats. I don't think she would have, if her mother had not threatened her. The child was covered in sores from flea bites and she could have cared less.

Hoarders

I was not going to watch this. I watched three this morning. I gather that an injury can lead to hoarding. They feel better when it is cleaned. But they do not address the emotional issues.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Re: Hoarders

I was watching the Next Baker show and they were showing previews of the new Hoarders show and there were just too many bugs!!! Every time after when the preview was up, I had to switch the channel. Never have watched it and will not be watching it.

The ones I saw did not have bugs. They are not letting go of things. One was a shopper that kept buying clothes. That was disgusting, clothes mountains like you were at a thrift store. One only needs so many pants, dresses and shirts.

One lady said she chased her husband's car down the street when he was trying to take things to throw them away. Then she ended up in the mental institution.

I was wondering why they had to hold on to stuff. One man's parents were deceased. So I could see that he was holding on to them. The clothes lady I think was trying to not be poor or hold onto her childhood. It could not have been to get a man, because there was no space for a man in her house.

Anxiety starts it off.
    fireflyer likes this.
    You can do it!

Hoarders is my favorite show. Next week I get 2 different shows a week! My Mom is a semi-hoarder. She doesn't have garbage strewn around her house & her home is not cluttered to where there are only paths to walk. Her home looks normal until you get to her closets. She has saved every item of clothing for the past 50 years. Hey I guess it could be considered "retro".
    fireflyer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I can relate to your mother. I have been slowly for the past 2 years cleaning out closets and still have not made a big dent. I had/have way too many clothes. Charaties like my phone call.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

After I watch this show, I start getting rid of stuff . . . and I'm not a hoarder! My daughter commented at Thanksgiving about a turkey platter we've had for years, so I gave it to her for Christmas. I just can't imagine being surrounded by so much stuff as these folks are.

I guess this just becomes their normal. I am the queen of toss-out. If I haven't used/wore it in a year, if it is in great shape I donate it if not I toss it. My Mom is 87 so she grew up during the depression & being one of 13 children I can understand. When I brought down my Christmas decorations I went through them & got rid of half of them.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I might learn something from watching it.
    You can do it!

I watch the show all of the time and cringe everytime I see it.
    YorkieMom and jenniferboston1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread