+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

I haven't finished watching this episode yet....something always comes up but from what I've seen The Cat Lady acts exactly like a rebellious teenager to her father...the smart aleck remarks, the faces behind his back.
    Like she never outgrew this stage in life.

Then when I heard her father talk to her after viewing the house for the first time in 4 years that he is upset but not mad at her. And he kept repeating that he wasn't mad at her.
    Which tells me exactly why she's gotten away with abusing his house for so long. I can hardly believe that he will follow thru with his threats of evicting her.

For some reason, she's getting back at him and he's being wishy washy towards her, probably from guilt of some sort, afraid to get her too mad.
    And thus, they will continue their lives together until he dies.
    What a shame.

I was wondering about this too DragonLady. I wish they would get into the psychology of hoarding a little more. They only really seem to focus on it when the hoarding starts after someone close to the subject dies (ie., the rat guy's wife.) One episode featured a woman who said she was never allowed to keep anything when she was young; from what I remember her parents died and she was sent to live with relatives who burned all of her things and made her watch. Anyway, it does seem like there must be some back story on the cat lady that's not being told to explain why her dad is tiptoeing around her. I think there was a very quick mention of "mental health issues"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4147632;
    Anyway, it does seem like there must be some back story on the cat lady that's not being told to explain why her dad is tiptoeing around her. I think there was a very quick mention of "mental health issues"?
    Yep, our instincts are telling us there is more to the story than what they told. There was nothing that indicated what made her start hoarding as there often is with the other people and losses or tragedies in their life.
    All very sad and makes you grateful to be living the life we do.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4146799;
    I haven't finished watching this episode yet....something always comes up but from what I've seen The Cat Lady acts exactly like a rebellious teenager to her father...the smart aleck remarks, the faces behind his back.
    Like she never outgrew this stage in life.
    I thought the same thing. The eye rolling...sigh. The father needs to stop enabling this behaviour. What is going to happen to her once he passes? Neither one of them are exactly young.
    I love cats but 3 is my limit .

Just saw a bit of Hoarders, almost physically got sick, couldn't stand it. OMG you guys, is it always so putrid?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4152748;
    Just saw a bit of Hoarders, almost physically got sick, couldn't stand it. OMG you guys, is it always so putrid?
    Same here. Didnt watch all season and caught two this weekend. The one with Al and the "Artist" lady. Under no circumstance should Al have his child back. Dumpster diving with a child? Pushing him around in a stroller from the garbage?

As for the "artist" who wouldnt part with anything... what I dont understand is how the husband allows the house to get like that. I think all these people are insane but at least the ones who live alone do it and it gets out of control because of their issue. How can someone living there just allow that? A friggen homeless person was living in the basement and he just thought it was cute to call her "scary mary". That guy needs as much help as the artist wack job.

Yes, I must say, it is pretty bad. At first, I had trouble watching it but I couldn't stop. Now I watch them all.

I sincerely sometimes wonder why I watch these shows. Is there something wrong with me? I'm neat and clean, it's always been easy for me to toss whatever hasn't been used for awhile and yet, like a horrible car accident, I'm fascinated.
    Maybe someday they'll have a show about people who're addicted to horrible reality tv and I'll be their guest of honor in a white jacket that hooks up in the back!

I watch the show to get my butt in shape and start cleaning my house just when I think I don't need to run the vacuum this week or take the swiffer to the furniture .

That's why I could only get through one episode. I prefer How Clean is Your House?. The homes are pretty dirty, but it's not usually stomach-turning.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

speaking of animal feces and how clean is your house, I read an article about Hugh Hefner's mansion that perhaps they could do an episode on. One can only imagine what they would find in there. A former house mate said that there was dog doo all over the place that just never got cleaned up from all of those girls having pets. She stated that Hugh's bedroom was filthy and smelled horrid. The carpets were old, dated and stained, stained sheets. The place was cheaply furnished with furniture that looked like it came from Giant Don's Warehouse and was mismatched and very old and not in a good way, old as in 70's cheap and tacky. Piles of stuff everywhere. He is said to be cheap and lacks taste of any kind. Wouldn't that be a good episode, talk about repulsive. I don't even want to go into some of the things they might find in there but considering some of the guests that have been there one can only imagine. It really bugs me that people look up to this old pedaphile. He's so creepy and would be in a home for crazies if it wasn't for his money. He only allows women under the age of 25 I don't know if that is true just seems like I heard one of them talking about that. I have only been channel surfing and briefly landing on the train wreck show for a few minutes, but honestly, the commercials for those type of shows and the type of review and buzz they get on other programs, you don't have to watch at all to know most of what is going on in them. I think it's sad that young girls want a Kendra doll. Maybe I am getting old....

+ Reply to Thread