+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4141178;
    I just saw a preview for the season finale... meet Glen, the rat hoarder! You can only imagine.

As a former big-time movier producer (an immigrant) said once, "Include me out."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not sure what it was but the last episode (with the farm animals and the rabbits) had me reaching my limit.

That old woman was intentionally cruel. Sure, we've had animals die of neglect, which in itself is cruel, but she seemed to enjoy being mean to living creatures - animals and children alike.

The people who walked around in ankle deep rabbit s*** just left me shaking my head. They never said as much, but I'm betting that jerk of a husband is illiterate. He signed the paper with an X and then told the wife to make up the sign.

The landlords have way more patience and sympathy than I will ever have. I'd have kicked them out, helping out the wife where I could, and then invited the fire company over to watch the place burn. That house needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4141178;
    I just saw a preview for the season finale... meet Glen, the rat hoarder! You can only imagine.
    I saw that too. I'm a big fan of rats as a pet.....one at a time. My son had 2 (at different times) and they are great, much more gentle than hamsters who bite, clean (with proper maintenance) and fun to watch. They learn to like their owners, show affection and make a good pet. But one at a time!! What I saw in the previews looked like something out of a horror movie!

Exactly! It reminded me of the movie "Ben". I won't be watching. I have a huge fear of rats, don't even like seeing pictures of them. Won't be watching thousands upon thousands of them running through a house. I swear, some of these "Hoarders" commercials need warnings before they show them.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I was watching Animal Hoarding the other night. This woman had 22 cats, but her house was clean, the cats were well fed and appeared very healthy. Of course it was too much, but there is such a difference with her and others we have seen on this show. I mean, she was definitely hoarding cats, but she wasn't dirty nor was her house. Some of these people are just so completely filthy and sick.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4141668;
    Not sure what it was but the last episode (with the farm animals and the rabbits) had me reaching my limit.

That old woman was intentionally cruel. Sure, we've had animals die of neglect, which in itself is cruel, but she seemed to enjoy being mean to living creatures - animals and children alike.
    You are so right about her. I'm still angry about this episode, already have said more than enough about how I feel here but it really got to me. I really think she was treated far more kindly than she deserved even though I understand she is mentally ill. To me, her needs came second to the animals needs. It was too late for her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4141668;
    The people who walked around in ankle deep rabbit s*** just left me shaking my head. They never said as much, but I'm betting that jerk of a husband is illiterate. He signed the paper with an X and then told the wife to make up the sign.

The landlords have way more patience and sympathy than I will ever have. I'd have kicked them out, helping out the wife where I could, and then invited the fire company over to watch the place burn. That house needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth.
    You're probably right again re the husband being illiterate, makes a lot of sense now that you pointed it out.
    The wife was sincerely hopeless. I don't think she had any self esteem whatsoever to put up with the treatment she received from her husband.
    I think those landlords were well compensated by Bravo to allow them to stay in that house. Why else would they do so?? Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4142999;

You're probably right again re the husband being illiterate, makes a lot of sense now that you pointed it out.
    The wife was sincerely hopeless. I don't think she had any self esteem whatsoever to put up with the treatment she received from her husband.
    I think those landlords were well compensated by Bravo to allow them to stay in that house. Why else would they do so?? Doesn't make sense.
    I'm wondering if the landlords didn't have the money to renovate the house to make it habitable for new tenants?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4142240;
    I was watching Animal Hoarding the other night. This woman had 22 cats, but her house was clean, the cats were well fed and appeared very healthy. Of course it was too much, but there is such a difference with her and others we have seen on this show. I mean, she was definitely hoarding cats, but she wasn't dirty nor was her house. Some of these people are just so completely filthy and sick.
    Wrong show! That was "My Strange Addiction".... must be too many of these kind of shows out there!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4142048;
    I saw that too. I'm a big fan of rats as a pet.....one at a time. My son had 2 (at different times) and they are great, much more gentle than hamsters who bite, clean (with proper maintenance) and fun to watch. They learn to like their owners, show affection and make a good pet. But one at a time!! What I saw in the previews looked like something out of a horror movie!
    Thank you for standing up for rats-they are so maligned. Hamsters and gerbils are not goosd pets for children at all, as you say. They bite HARD ansd aren't easy to handle. Rats are incredibly intellegent, gentle, clean, affectionate and bond to their owners. Growing up I had a rat and like your children I was allowed to get another after the passing of the first. As an adult I actually gave talks about why rats make inredible pets for children. They are so docile and gentle and yes, sweet. Mine used to make these little happy chattering `clicks' when he saw me come into a room and he responded to his name and various commands and he liked nothing more than to curl up in a pocket, peaking out and happily viewing the world pass him by while I walked around.
    But yes, about a hundred them at a time is just wrong and doesn't help those viewers who are either frightened by them or misinformed about their true nature.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4143883;
    Thank you for standing up for rats-they are so maligned. Hamsters and gerbils are not goosd pets for children at all, as you say. They bite HARD ansd aren't easy to handle. Rats are incredibly intellegent, gentle, clean, affectionate and bond to their owners. Growing up I had a rat and like your children I was allowed to get another after the passing of the first. As an adult I actually gave talks about why rats make inredible pets for children. They are so docile and gentle and yes, sweet. Mine used to make these little happy chattering `clicks' when he saw me come into a room and he responded to his name and various commands and he liked nothing more than to curl up in a pocket, peaking out and happily viewing the world pass him by while I walked around.
    But yes, about a hundred them at a time is just wrong and doesn't help those viewers who are either frightened by them or misinformed about their true nature.
    Any large number of animals can be a problem. I saw a show about infestations last night. This family had a problem with garter snakes. My husband said "oh those are harmless". This family was catching up to 40 a day around their home. Now that is a problem!

+ Reply to Thread