+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Just saw previews for the next episode. Looks like it's gonna be another yucky one, although they might be emphasizing the dirt/dust/droppings because the woman has SERIOUS health issues.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yes, it looks like she has cancer and therefore a compromised immune system. Really dangerous for her to be living in that kind of filth.

So remember when some Forters got the creepy vibe from that Sir Patrick hoarder? They had good reason!

OCTOBER 18--In another low for reality television, a Florida man featured last month as a doll-collecting eccentric on the hit show “Hoarders” is a registered sex offender whose rap sheet includes three years in a Michigan prison for an attempted sex attack on an 18-year-old coed and a felony assault conviction for throwing a 72-year-old woman to the ground following a fender bender, records show.

The whole story is on the Smoking Gun website if anyone wants to read the whole thing.

While I can understand someone needing extra money, why would you chose to bred RATS in order to get the cash? Rats? Seriously?? Hamsters, that I can see, gerbils, okay even they aren't too bad . . . . but RATS! Ewwwww!

And then to go through the droppings - by hand - to find a ring. My skin was crawling.

I was surprised to see Mr-Fix-It Guy give up his Dad's boots. I'm not a hoarder, but I am sentimental. Don't know if I could have let them go. Was also surprised that clean-up continued when he wasn't there.

FORT Fanatic

I had to change channels because of the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;4086875;
    So remember when some Forters got the creepy vibe from that Sir Patrick hoarder? They had good reason!

OCTOBER 18--In another low for reality television, a Florida man featured last month as a doll-collecting eccentric on the hit show “Hoarders” is a registered sex offender whose rap sheet includes three years in a Michigan prison for an attempted sex attack on an 18-year-old coed and a felony assault conviction for throwing a 72-year-old woman to the ground following a fender bender, records show.

The whole story is on the Smoking Gun website if anyone wants to read the whole thing.
    Hepcat posted something about this a few pages back. He's definitely a weirdo.

Here's the post:

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4065447;
    I was reading on another site and someone tracked down a criminal record on Sir Patrick - sexual assault.

Offender Details

The blogger who tracked it down says he's had a few known aliases, including this one. Apparently the POW story is known to be a fake as well.

The Troubling History Of ‘Sir’ Patrick O’Shannahan, Epic Hoarder And Convicted Felon – Beginning

I think A&E needs to vette the people a little better.

Boy, how did I miss that first post about Sir Patrick?

Sorry about posting such old news.

No worries, they uncovered a lot more since that original post. Unfortunately. The Smoking Gun had what, 9 mug shots?

Frankly, Hoarders should be embarrassed and ashamed.

While I can understand someone needing extra money, why would you chose to bred RATS in order to get the cash? Rats? Seriously?? Hamsters, that I can see, gerbils, okay even they aren't too bad . . . . but RATS! Ewwwww!
    I have to admit I skipped this week when I read the episode description. There's only so much I can watch, and rats out of control...*shudder*.

Are they ramping up the crazy each episode? I can't imagine how this season will end.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hep, they didn't show the rats, and she didn't have them any more, just the damage they left behind. She had given up breeding them, but they had escaped into the hoard at some point. It wasn't any worse than the other houses with animal feces. I think they did show some dead ones, but the woman with human waste in bags was worse, IMO. She was a sad lady. She had stage 4 cancer, and couldn't seem to grasp that as dangerous as living in those conditions is for a healthy person, it was a million times worse for someone with a compromised immune system.

Frustrating episode to say the least.

Trailer dwelling mom needs to be charged with child abuse. Her son tries to commit suicide, more than once, and would prefer living with strangers in a foster home, but she still manages to make it all about her.

Hopefully, one of his sisters has taken him in to give him a real chance at a more normal life.

+ Reply to Thread