+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4071584;
    Last nights episode was a mix for me.

I found myself feeling sympathy for the teacher with the overbearing mother (glass house . . . throwing stones!). She looked so sad and depressed, but was willing to really let it all go and start fresh. I wish her success.

The other woman . . . . disgust and anger. This kind does not change. She's probably already back to her filthy ways. When the team helping you is putting your stuff into TOXIC WASTE BAGS instead of a Hefty sack, you should know you've gone over the edge. She is definitely in denial. Why the would return any of those cats to her is too far beyond my way of thinking that I cannot even grasp at the idea. She should have been charged with multiple crimes!
    I was thinking the very same thing...why in the world would they give her ANY cats back? She has proven she is not a responsible person and cannot take care of anyone or anything, including herself! Poor kitties!

I can have compassion for someone who is mentally ill. I got the impression that woman with the cats has "issues" to the extent that she had to go live in a shelter until her home was clean enough for her to move back home. No one in her family would allow her to stay with them.
    My real compassion is for the cats. They didn't get a choice to live in that filth. I have 3 cats & I know how bad their instinct is to keep clean. Those cats looked really sick & she was clueless to that. My baby boy cat got a UTI on a Saturday night and it pained me until I could get him to the vet Monday morning.
    What animal control in their right mind would allow her to keep 2 of the cats??? And she is still shopping in thrift shops!

I have heard she is not taking any cats back! I really hope so. The other person profiled, Lisa, amazed me! Good for her! I hope she keeps it together and has a happy life.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

There is an interview with the Extreme Cleaner guy on the A&E website. I was wondering this myself:

Q: Why the decontamination setup (great idea) for Vula's house, but not Robin's? I know the waste was fresher at Vula's, but you guys were literally breathing in cat poop dust at Robin's, and I was worried aboutcha...

A: to get to the point, I wish I had warn the new respirators at Robin's house. I got really sick in her home and was out for 2 weeks. It was a good learning lesson. You'll see me and my guys being a lot more serious about safety moving forward. We all have kids this year and it has changed our focus in general. We used to not care about air quality and skin coverage, but as these houses get more intense, you'll see us ramp up the safety gear. It's sad because we like to position ourselves as equals with the client and it's hard to do that when you are wearing an alien outfit. That being said, I'm not going to risk death for anyone, regardless of how nice they are.
    Tuesday, September 28th on the Boards - Matt Paxton (Vula's Extreme Cleaner) - Hoarders - AETV Community Message Board - Real Life. Drama.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

"The Reverend" . . . does he make everyone call him that? I am not a religious person, but even if I was, I would NOT want him to minister to me. He is one shady character. Wonder what the members of his flock think of him now?

Lying-Storage-Unit-Woman . . . . still baffles my mind how people like that can call themselves a "mother". You may have given birth to those two children, but you have a lot to learn when it comes to being a Mom. Your son sacrificed so much because he had no confidence at all in your ability to take care of his little sister. This is something no teen should be asked to do. Hope he can regain his future and live it to the fullest.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4077279;
    "The Reverend" . . . does he make everyone call him that? I am not a religious person, but even if I was, I would NOT want him to minister to me. He is one shady character. Wonder what the members of his flock think of him now?
    I am a Christian and the fact that that guy was calling himself "reverend" is an insult to God. His behavior was far from Godly! I don't know where he got that title from, but surely his behavior was not that of a true minister of the Lord.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I enjoyed last night's show - no filth and no animals. The women still had plenty of issues, but IMO it was more clearly about hoarding behavior whereas in some of the recent shows there were so many mental health issues going on.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There were definitely some mental health issues in this episode.

Grown women, of sound minds, don't have temper tantrums or play the blame game 24/7. The mood swings were off the charts.

They both needed more psychological help than organizational help.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

There was something going on with Dawn. I wondered if she was drunk, as her speech started to slur. She really needs grief counseling, Imo. 9/11 was a very sad day, but she needs to find a way to respect that but live her life. The other woman, was more typical, to me. Very controlling, blaming, and not self aware at all.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know how these 'helpers' can go into some of these situations with the health hazard and breathing challenges. I might want to help someone, but I don't think I could risk my own health. And some of these people are the most ungracious people in the world. I realize they might have mental problems, but still...I especially can't blame family members if they have tried for years and been rebuffed for their efforts.

+ Reply to Thread