+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Word to the wise! Don't ever fall asleep while watching "Hoarders", ESPECIALLY if there is a commercial for "Billy the Exterminator" in the mix! I had the worst nightmare, last night!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4060022;
    About Sir Patrick...did anyone else get a pedophile vibe when they talked about a girl next door who had died? There was something weird about that. The dolls reminded me of Michael Jackson's collection of kid stuff.
    That was the first thing my 16 year old said! Of course he was more like...man, is he some kind of weird child molester or what....but same thing.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4060670;
    Word to the wise! Don't ever fall asleep while watching "Hoarders", ESPECIALLY if there is a commercial for "Billy the Exterminator" in the mix! I had the worst nightmare, last night!
    I have to say, from what I read here, that's a really good match of program and advertiser! Storage unit companies would do well as well!

Just watched the Robin episode and YUCK! Bags of feces... 10 years worth?? How in God's name can anyone live like that. And it looked like upstairs there were room just ceiling high with rotting trash? This they wanted to save?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4060705;
    That was the first thing my 16 year old said! Of course he was more like...man, is he some kind of weird child molester or what....but same thing.
    Yes, that little man WAS an odd ball! No doubt about it and I think that red flags went up for everyone watching the show. The problem isn't with the ones that you know are off. It's with the ones that seem normal. People like to think that they could spot the child molesters out there but you can't. It's the ones who fit in and seem normal that are the real threats. This guy seemed more like a drag queen or possibly gay and I doubt that he had a sexual attraction to a young girl. He was pretty easy to spot as being a person who lives an alternative lifestyle. Child molesters are (maybe) a little more low key about things. It's just too easy to point the finger at someone who seems a little different and say "See, that person is weird and we should keep and eye on him" meanwhile........ kindly uncle Joe is offering to babysit for you..... he's married, with a couple of children........ Yes, that's what happens! Sometimes the weirdos are really the nice people and the "nice, normal people" are really the monsters! THAT'S what is so scary!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4060743;
    Just watched the Robin episode and YUCK! Bags of feces... 10 years worth?? How in God's name can anyone live like that. And it looked like upstairs there were room just ceiling high with rotting trash? This they wanted to save?
    I've never really watched this show and that was the first whole episode I've ever watched. That was horrifying. The other hoarder was bad, but Robin was just delusional and clearly very mentally ill. She kept saying that things "just got out of hand." I'm sorry, there's no "just" in any statement about that house. I would have been physically ill if that had been my mother's house. I can't imagine the smell.

That second floor looked like it was going to come down. What on earth do you have to do to a house to have that kind of damage to the floors and walls? That was pretty serious structural damage. I wasn't surprised at all that they ended up having to demolish that house.

I have a friend who just put his father in a home and had to clean out the house. There was a ton of old newspaper and just paper in general, but it wasn't unsanitary.

The only thing I hoard is books
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4060743;
    I was SCREAMING in horror thinking the same thing. This was the 1st time I was so disturbed I had to change the channel. Better go back to watching "Clean House". Seems tamer.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4060670;

That is so funny! I'll try to keep that in mind.

I think the new season of Billy comes on tonight or tomorrow night. I hope there are good ones. LOL Did you know Billy got arrested for drug possession about 6 months ago? I saw it on-line. I guess he's still got his job.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;4060838;
    I was SCREAMING in horror thinking the same thing. This was the 1st time I was so disturbed I had to change the channel. Better go back to watching "Clean House". Seems tamer.
    It's getting annoying, frankly. I know someone who is a clean hoarder and just as clearly needs help dealing with possessions, but they love to find the filthy ones where a big component seems to be laziness or unable to deal with everyday cleaning. They do a better job on "Obsessed" on the shows that deal with hoarders.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4060890;
    It's getting annoying, frankly. I know someone who is a clean hoarder and just as clearly needs help dealing with possessions, but they love to find the filthy ones where a big component seems to be laziness or unable to deal with everyday cleaning. They do a better job on "Obsessed" on the shows that deal with hoarders.
    Yeah, I'm really getting the impression that a lot of these people are just really lazy. I know they like to collect, but the fact that you are wading through garbage on your floor there is a bigger problem. Some of the people who have piles and little walkways through their house I get. It's just the people who have just let their houses go and don't do anything about it that is disgusting. It seems like with those people, hoarding isn't the main issue they are dealing with.

+ Reply to Thread