+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4056290;
    I'm not even sure it was "mentioned". It may just have been in the info they flash on the screen as the episode is ending. The house had been condemned and they family move out and into a rental (wonder if the landlord watches this show). Fairly certain it gave the # of cats returned, but I can't recall what it was.
    At one point, they said the cats were returned after the house was cleaned up. Then when the house was condemned and the family had to move into an apartment, only 4 cats were allowed to move with them into the apartment.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4056396;
    At one point, they said the cats were returned after the house was cleaned up. Then when the house was condemned and the family had to move into an apartment, only 4 cats were allowed to move with them into the apartment.
    Who in their right mind would rent to these people?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4056731;
    Who in their right mind would rent to these people?
    I had the same thought Debb. I wonder if their landlord watches the show!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4056827;
    I had the same thought Debb. I wonder if their landlord watches the show!
    Hopefully or at least someone he knows did.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4056037;
    Yes, they always say that there are different levels of hoarders. I just think that it should be called something else when it reaches the level that this family was at. I feel that these people shouldn't have even been involved in the clean up. They were all sick, sick, sick! The kitty litter on the chair........Ugh! At what point does someone say to themselves "Oh well, the litter box is full so I'll just use this chair instead"?
    On the A&E site they have some Q&A with the doctors and organizers, and one of them said that it wasn't kitty litter on the chair, it was a massive amounts of tiny craft beads. I thought the same thing.

About Sir Patrick...did anyone else get a pedophile vibe when they talked about a girl next door who had died? There was something weird about that. The dolls reminded me of Michael Jackson's collection of kid stuff.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4060022;
    About Sir Patrick...did anyone else get a pedophile vibe when they talked about a girl next door who had died? There was something weird about that. The dolls reminded me of Michael Jackson's collection of kid stuff.
    YES! There was something definitely off with him and something completly not right with the little girl next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;4060031;
    YES! There was something definitely off with him and something completly not right with the little girl next door.
    That guy was very, very strange and I agree about the pedophile vibe...really creepy!

I didn't get the pedo vibe at all. Since we don't know how she died (could have been tragic), I figured the doll was more a symbol of him trying to keep the memory of when she was alive and well.

Let me start by saying that I don't really get any joy from other people suffering and I would never really wish for anyone to have a wild animal sharing the space they call home, mixed in amongst the filth and chaos . . . . .

HOWEVER, I am extremely disappointed at the way the editing was done.

In the previews, we were shown a room full of with what I was pretty sure were dirty diapers, a woman sobbing hysterically asking "how could it get this bad" and a opossum scampering through the clutter.

Turns out . . . . none of those things were even connected!!!

The bags of poop were in Kansas, the sobbing woman was in Canada and the opossum was somewhere in the South, judging by the woman's accent.

And then . . . as if all that misleading info wasn't bad enough, the opossum didn't even live in the HOUSE . . . he was out in a workshop.

Not cool A&E . . . not cool!
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 09-14-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Yes, the opossum was in the workshop. He seemed pretty tame for a wild animal. Did you see how many dead animals they found in that workshop?

I feel for the husband. I didn't see any real concern for the man by his wife. This is my question. Why don't these people file to be appointed guardian over these hoarders? With good legal counsel, I think it could be done. Once you get control over the decision making authority for their health and money, you can take over and see to it things are handled appropriately. At that point, they don't have a say and will have to comply with rules to keep the house safe.

Honestly, if that was my dad who was suffering medically and in need, I would see to it that he got his house back to help with his health. One way or the other, I would see to that. There are also divorce laws that could help this man. IMO they need a good attorney. They don't have lots of time to wait on his wife's treatment to see if maybe, possibly she will part with some of her stuff. They could also put the stuff in a large storage unit so that the man can live out his days in peace in his home. After he's gone, she can then move it back into her house.

Honestly, that woman didn't seem the least bit concerned about her husband. I wonder if she even understands what's going on. She seemed out of it.

+ Reply to Thread