+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4054285;
    Oh my, I finally saw the preview for the upcoming show with the opposum jumping off the kitchen counter and running across the debris! Yikes! It's unreal! I gotta see this. I bet the poor thing wondered in and then couldn't find his way out!
    OMG that is awful! When I watch these shows my heart goes out to the people because it's so obvious that they are mentally ill and need help. It also motivates me to clean my house!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4054285;
    Oh my, I finally saw the preview for the upcoming show with the opposum jumping off the kitchen counter and running across the debris! Yikes! It's unreal! I gotta see this. I bet the poor thing wondered in and then couldn't find his way out!

I just saw it today for the first time. Between the bugs and the opossum, I know there is no way I can miss this one.

Marathon all day long on Monday if anyone has missed an episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4054817;
    I just saw it today for the first time. Between the bugs and the opossum, I know there is no way I can miss this one.

Marathon all day long on Monday if anyone has missed an episode.
    When is the premiere? I have to see this!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Back-to-back episodes, beginning at 9 PM (eastern).

According to the A&E website, the first episode is:

Adella and Teri

and the second episode is:

Gordon & Gaye (as a couple) and Sir Patrick

Hoarders - A&E TV

If you haven't seen the opossum yet, there is a video on their website.

WARNING: For anyone who is squeamish about these things . . . . there are young children involved!

Where was the possum??

We were waiting on the opossum too Libgirl! Looks like he'll make an appearance next week.

As for this week. Dysfunction with a capital D!

The entire family (Adella, Beverly, Darcy . . . ) needs therapy. Anger management issues abound. Darcy is filled with so much grief over so many things besides losing her father.

Teri strikes me as the type who will go back to her ways. I wanted to slap her when she bulked at cleaning out the fridge as if it was beneath her.

Gordon and Gaye . . . . cannot believe they were allowed to have those cats back. They were confined to feces strewn cages, in the front yard, covered with a tarp. That's not a pet. Criminals in jail are treated better! And what was that stuff that Gaye was cleaning off the chair? Kitty litter? Like bailing out a boat with a thimble!!

And Sir Patrick . . . quite possibly the most memorable (if not lovable) character this show has ever featured. Should he have been on this show? Maybe not. Yeah, he had stuff . . . lots and lots of stuff, but it was neatly arranged and (for the most part) clean. Did he need the services of a mental health professional? Absolutely. Was he a "hoarder" . . . I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4055943;
    We were waiting on the opossum too Libgirl! Looks like he'll make an appearance next week.

As for this week. Dysfunction with a capital D!

The entire family (Adella, Beverly, Darcy . . . ) needs therapy. Anger management issues abound. Darcy is filled with so much grief over so many things besides losing her father.

Teri strikes me as the type who will go back to her ways. I wanted to slap her when she bulked at cleaning out the fridge as if it was beneath her.

Gordon and Gaye . . . . cannot believe they were allowed to have those cats back. They were confined to feces strewn cages, in the front yard, covered with a tarp. That's not a pet. Criminals in jail are treated better! And what was that stuff that Gaye was cleaning off the chair? Kitty litter? Like bailing out a boat with a thimble!!

And Sir Patrick . . . quite possibly the most memorable (if not lovable) character this show has ever featured. Should he have been on this show? Maybe not. Yeah, he had stuff . . . lots and lots of stuff, but it was neatly arranged and (for the most part) clean. Did he need the services of a mental health professional? Absolutely. Was he a "hoarder" . . . I don't think so.
    I fell asleep and didn't see that the cats were returned!!!!!!!That is Horrible! Those people are too sick to care for a pet. They are out of touch with reality. That makes me angry. I realize this is a mental illness, but people who suffer with it should not be allowed to keep pets or kids while they are recoving. That's just my opinion. It's cruel IMO and the pets and kids shouldn't have to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4055943;
    He was surrounded by alot of things, but they were pretty things that made him feel good. Sure he needed to clean up, but I would rather visit his home then some of the trashbins we have seen on this show.

Yes, they always say that there are different levels of hoarders. I just think that it should be called something else when it reaches the level that this family was at. I feel that these people shouldn't have even been involved in the clean up. They were all sick, sick, sick! The kitty litter on the chair........Ugh! At what point does someone say to themselves "Oh well, the litter box is full so I'll just use this chair instead"?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4055995;
    I fell asleep and didn't see that the cats were returned!!!!!!!That is Horrible! Those people are too sick to care for a pet. They are out of touch with reality. That makes me angry. I realize this is a mental illness, but people who suffer with it should not be allowed to keep pets or kids while they are recoving. That's just my opinion. It's cruel IMO and the pets and kids shouldn't have to suffer.

I'm not even sure it was "mentioned". It may just have been in the info they flash on the screen as the episode is ending. The house had been condemned and they family move out and into a rental (wonder if the landlord watches this show). Fairly certain it gave the # of cats returned, but I can't recall what it was.

+ Reply to Thread