+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4048678;
    Did anyone watch the Animal Hoarding show on Animal Planet last night? It was pretty good. I think the same people produce it as the regular hoarding show and Animal Planet has brought it for their network.

Last night it was about a woman hoarding cats and another woman hoarding birds. I thought it was pretty good. If others are interested, I'll start a new thread, but if not, I think it would be okay to keep it here since it's the same type show. Any thoughts?
    I didn't see that episode but saw the one where 2 different people were hoarding dogs. One was a young married gal whose hubby was in the service and had no idea she was running an animal rescue out of her home. She had no job and no money and relied on a married friend to help her with the bills. The situation got so bad that the friend finally called animal welfare. They inspected her home and said the levels of ammonia were so, so high and that many of the rescued dogs were malnourished and ill. In her heart the young girl thought she was helping these dogs but she was very misguided.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kip;4050054;]OMG, a Las Vegas woman who went missing last April was just found under piles of clutter in her home - by her husband who also lived in the house. Searchers searched for weeks outside the home.

That's so sad.

[QUOTE=Eastcoastmom;4050365;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4050054;
    OMG, a Las Vegas woman who went missing last April was just found under piles of clutter in her home - by her husband who also lived in the house. Searchers searched for weeks outside the home.

That's so sad.
    Same thing happened out near me.... it is sad....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

An animal hoarding episode of Hoarders was my final straw with the show. The woman had so many cats she had no idea how many were in the house. They found probably 100 living cats, along with tons of cat corpses, including entire litters. The living cats were sometimes feeding off the corpses of the dead cats. It was the worst thing I've ever seen on one of these shows.

The upcoming episode looks horrible, but nothing like that. Yet it's billed as the worst home they've entered. The possum was bad enough (yes I can understand why someone would scream watching that- I got the freak-outs just imagining that thing in my house) but they showed a quick scene of some sort of bugs just swarming beneath some sort of cover. Didn't see enough of it to get what they were and what they were hiding under, but it gave the impression that every turn in that house was a total freak show waiting to happen.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

When I read the phrase Animal Hoarders (especially combined with Animal Planet as the channel) I thought it would a show about animals (non-human) that hoard... Instead, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4050672;
    An animal hoarding episode of Hoarders was my final straw with the show. The woman had so many cats she had no idea how many were in the house. They found probably 100 living cats, along with tons of cat corpses, including entire litters. The living cats were sometimes feeding off the corpses of the dead cats. It was the worst thing I've ever seen on one of these shows.
    Oh dear Lord! I am so glad I missed that one.....

Problem with that episode was that she also hoarded junk- which made it so hard to find where some of these cats were (living or dead). If I remember correctly it extended out to her garage where they continued to find cats. The cats were feral, and thinking back it was less than 100 cats (maybe 60 and about 40 dead cats).They didn't arrest her. I think they limited the number of cats she could own to two or three and they had to be fixed. She had a fit having to choose which cats to keep.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 08-28-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4050898;
    If I remember correctly it extended out to her garage where they continued to find cats. The cats were feral, and thinking back it was less than 100 cats (maybe 60 and about 40 dead cats).They didn't arrest her. I think they limited the number of cats she could own to two or three and they had to be fixed. She had a fit having to choose which cats to keep.
    Just caught this episode this past week and your first numbers were about correct and the body count climbed for the dead kitties once they opened the garage. My skin was crawling the entire time I watched. :nono They were even showing dead cat skulls and what-not. I was completely disgusted!

Oh my, I finally saw the preview for the upcoming show with the opposum jumping off the kitchen counter and running across the debris! Yikes! It's unreal! I gotta see this. I bet the poor thing wondered in and then couldn't find his way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4054285;
    Oh my, I finally saw the preview for the upcoming show with the opposum jumping off the kitchen counter and running across the debris! Yikes! It's unreal! I gotta see this. I bet the poor thing wondered in and then couldn't find his way out!
    I saw that preview too! Yikes!

+ Reply to Thread