+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 623
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

  1. #261
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,897

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4046085;
    The old possum running across the stuff in the kitchen?? Yeah, my kid screamed (she's 20)
    When was that on?

  2. #262
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,962

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    I didn't watch, but I think it premiered on Sunday. It was a promo for the show. Gah!

  3. #263
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3855133;
    Outside of the house, his life was pretty much normal and you would never expect the chaos going on behind closed doors. His girlfriend and siblings were kept in the dark.

    He obviously decided it was time to get help, knowing it meant revealing his true self. Thought the GF could have been a little more understanding. She didn't seem to give him a chance (although that might just be the way they chose to edit the episode).

    I think I will watch again next week.
    I can't say I blame her.... I don't think I could be with someone like that. I mean I would always be afraid if we shared a home, things would get like that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #264
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,962

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4047183;
    I didn't watch, but I think it premiered on Sunday. It was a promo for the show. Gah!
    Actually, it premiers on the labor day weekend. Sorry about that. The commercial was on again last night. A possum ran across the kitchen

  5. #265
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,897

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Did anyone watch the Animal Hoarding show on Animal Planet last night? It was pretty good. I think the same people produce it as the regular hoarding show and Animal Planet has brought it for their network.

    Last night it was about a woman hoarding cats and another woman hoarding birds. I thought it was pretty good. If others are interested, I'll start a new thread, but if not, I think it would be okay to keep it here since it's the same type show. Any thoughts?

  6. #266
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,094

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4048678;
    Did anyone watch the Animal Hoarding show on Animal Planet last night? It was pretty good. I think the same people produce it as the regular hoarding show and Animal Planet has brought it for their network.

    Last night it was about a woman hoarding cats and another woman hoarding birds. I thought it was pretty good. If others are interested, I'll start a new thread, but if not, I think it would be okay to keep it here since it's the same type show. Any thoughts?
    I saw that show and it broke my heart. I am a cat momma but I have 3 cats which were all rescues because I can afford only 3 cats. My 3 are fixed, chipped, loved & well nourished. I am almost in tears whenever we go to PetSmart because I want to take all the cats home but I know better.
    I hate to tell that lady but cute kittens grow up to be cats. It really is how you raise them.

  7. #267
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,897

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4048729;
    I saw that show and it broke my heart. I am a cat momma but I have 3 cats which were all rescues because I can afford only 3 cats. My 3 are fixed, chipped, loved & well nourished. I am almost in tears whenever we go to PetSmart because I want to take all the cats home but I know better.
    I hate to tell that lady but cute kittens grow up to be cats. It really is how you raise them.
    I have a question about the animal hoarders of dogs and cats. I'm not referring to the bird lady because it looked like she was set up with an outdoor area for them to fly and enough cages, although they could have been larger IMO. Why don't more of the interveners tell these hoarders that the animals are suffering with a poor quality of life. The animals are under great stress by being all smashed into one space. Why not convince the hoarder that the animal is not happy in that environment, instead of talking only about the hoarder who is suffering. I would think that would have more of an impact, plus it the TRUTH!

    That couple who was collecting cats reminded me of another couple on a different reality show. The way she was only focused on those cats having kittens. It was bizarre. I'll leave it at that.

  8. #268
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,151

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4048734;
    That couple who was collecting cats reminded me of another couple on a different reality show. The way she was only focused on those cats having kittens. It was bizarre. I'll leave it at that.
    They were a really odd couple. They were tearing apart their home to make it better for the cats (holes in walls)! I got a bit of a feeling the husband wasn't too crazy about all of the cats but would defend his wife's right to have all of them. Either that or he was too chicken to stand up for himself.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #269
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,897

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4048743;
    They were a really odd couple. They were tearing apart their home to make it better for the cats (holes in walls)! I got a bit of a feeling the husband wasn't too crazy about all of the cats but would defend his wife's right to have all of them. Either that or he was too chicken to stand up for himself.
    Yeah, I think he started out with the bug, but then started seeing just how bad it was. He then was just too scared of her addiction. I mean, she got so upset, that I would have been afraid she might pull a knife or gun on me if she thought you were going to take away those cats. You could tell she was deeply disturbed. I've never seen a hoarder THAT terrified of losing their stuff.

  10. #270
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Hoarders (A&E)

    OMG, a Las Vegas woman who went missing last April was just found under piles of clutter in her home - by her husband who also lived in the house. Searchers searched for weeks outside the home.

    Coroner Identifies Corpse As Missing Woman - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.