+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Haha, thats funny. She kinda did!

I think that there was something mentally off with both the husband and wife. It was much more than just hoarding. It was very very strange.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Dr Robin Zazio looks like Vienna from the Bachelor with those hair extensions...

This is the first time the whole episode has focused on one house, right? There was so much to cover & so many unaddressed issues. Are drinking and drugs involved too? Cameras showed lots of empty liquor bottles....The house was virtually empty at the end and Claudie did a great job unloading stuff. There must be more to what he's doing in Vegas than they are letting on...

FORT Fanatic

I'm guessing the husband has a girlfriend in Las Vegas.

Was the house really broken into twice as the subject claimed during all the time it was unoccupied, or is that one more delusion she has?

I wonder who has been paying taxes on the house while no one lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3846293;
    I'm guessing the husband has a girlfriend in Las Vegas.
    Was the house really broken into twice as the subject claimed during all the time it was unoccupied, or is that one more delusion she has?

I wonder who has been paying taxes on the house while no one lived there.
    That's what all his excuses sounds like to me, too.

I missed the very end, did they say whether the family continued with the aftercare?

swissmiss - I really don't think the house was broken into. I took that as a lie to her daughters.

brunette trixie - I don't think anyone continued with after care. The mom was still living in the shelter.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3845840;
    Haha, thats funny. She kinda did!

I think that there was something mentally off with both the husband and wife. It was much more than just hoarding. It was very very strange.

I agree! The Mrs. may have been delusional, but the Mr. had a sort of craziness to him. Did he really think anyone would buy the story about studying to be a "herbologist"?

Hmmmmm . . . wondering what kind of "herbs" he's growing!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Hah! Good point! The whole thing was just bizarre.

FORT Fanatic

Both the husband and wife needed counseling, but it didn't indicate at the conclusion that they were getting it. That's one thing that concerns me about this program - too often they indicate the subjects have not started after-care even though it is made available. That means they are at very high risk of starting the same hoarding all over again.

These people are given thousands of dollars worth of free help - professional organizers, psychologists, trucks to haul away the stuff, and sometimes family members who show up to help. I used to know a profesisonal organizer who charged $75 an HOUR. I don't think the subjects appreciate all this, especially the after-care provided to help prevent them from slipping back again.

That was one of the loopiest (is that a word ) episodes I've ever seen. It mentioned that Claudie was going to use the aftercare funds towards repairs for the house but it also mentioned that all communication had broke down between her and all her daughters accept for two of them. Man, I'm sorry but clearly the husband has some other woman or family in Vegas. Did anyone catch onto Claudie saying he was a tramp? It was just so weird to watch. I took all that mess Claudie was saying about someone breaking in as a lie because she tried to say that's how the house got that way when we know from all the daughter's confessionals that she'd been hoarding for a long time. She was just making excuses because she didn't want to accept any responsibility.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Another stomach churning episode on Monday night. The woman who had her children taken away by CPS (although they were given to her sister) was gross.

There was feces strewn all over the house and she can't understand why someone called to report her? Then Animal Control comes in to remove some of the pets.

If your house isn't fit for dogs to live in . . . . HELLO!!!! This is your wake-up call.

Would love to see what the house looks like 6 months from now. She seemed very set in her ways.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread