+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Am watching the Ohio couple - guy with depression and guns and his hot tempered wife and the mom with the 32 year old daughter who is a teacher and her 28? year old sister. Oh yeah and 10 cats. Wow.

Both places seem impossible. The Ohio house is filthy. And the guns and swords appear to be everywhere. They had to bring someone in to handle all the weapons. Looks like they need a stuffed animal handler in the house with three women. Watching this show is such a reminder to reduce clutter on a daily basis. I know people who are hoarders. Some are in my own family and they use many of the same reasons I hear on this show for keeping things.

I think they should show this episode to young women as an anti-smoking ad. The woman in Ohio looked so much older than she was, and you could really see the effects of long term smoking on her face, teeth, etc. Every time she went outside to light up, I really cringed. The daughter seemed like she had her own mental issues, this family definitely could have used some intensive therapy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The "unsecured firearms" were scary!! The seemed to be everywhere, lurking under piles of this and that.

Not safe to sit down in that house . . . even if you could find a place to sit!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3831697;
    I think they should show this episode to young women as an anti-smoking ad. The woman in Ohio looked so much older than she was, and you could really see the effects of long term smoking on her face, teeth, etc.
    On the other hand, I'm a big fan of her greeting card line.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3832059;
    On the other hand, I'm a big fan of her greeting card line.
    I have not yet looked at your link, but I know who you are talking about. Perfect! I knew she reminded me of someone...Wow.

This show scares me...
    ~Supernatural Addict~

The police officer's wife was something else. They alluded to her other metal issues at the end of the show, wonder what those were? She was feisty all right!

Was confused at the how the depressed guy was always laying in bed topless... he said he hadn't left his bedroom since the 1990's. But also that he and the wife had a shopping problem at the mall. So I guess they do get out and about but he stays in bed when they're home. Yikes.

I am so motivated to clean and throw stuff away right now!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3834948;
    [snipped]...

I am so motivated to clean and throw stuff away right now!
    I know what you mean...

The pace of the show is so slow, and IMO it's become predictable and repetitive, so I've been cleaning/purging/organizing while the show's on. I can see the tv from my kitchen and living area, and so far I've gone through most of my kitchen drawers and cupboards, and some of the cabinets in the living room. I still have piles of papers to sort through, so I hope the shows' on for a long time!

Lol, Cootie.

Yeah...the one good side effect of watching this show - It really makes you wanna clean house!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Watched the show last night where the woman (Claudie from Peoria, IL) was staying at a homeless shelter after abandoning her junk-strewn house. She hadn't seen her husband (Jim) in months because he just got up and walked out (went to Vegas where apparently, he was becoming a "herbologist"!) Together, they had a dozen children.

The show in itself was disturbing enough with the tensions between mother and daughters, but I think what bothered me the most was that Dr. Robin Zasio looks way too much like Tonya Harding!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread