+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

This show is utterly fascinating to me. I am transfixed whenever it comes on the television. Our TV screen is a 42-inch LCD, so people's trashy houses look enormous when we watch.

I can't get over the fact that so many of the hoarders live relatively normal lives out there in the real world. Some are professionals, some are consultants, and one on last season's show was a teacher. That one was creepiest. I wonder what the school board would to if they knew this teacher dude was raising his kids in a total pigsty.

Anyway, we will be tuning in again this season. It's creepy good. Not to mention it helps motivate us to clean the house!!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760977;
    I think one reason why she didn't go through the things herself is because it was literally....trash. I didn't see many actual items in that heap. Maybe one or two.
    True hoarders have an emotional attachment to trash. They will associate it with a memory or person and not want to part with it.

I agree with the other posters who said that she seems to have a totally different mental issue. She even said something about being happy that the house was being cleaned up.

Even after the Got Junk crew and family members shoveled and hauled out all of that trash, and then the maid service ladies came in, the carpet still looked disgusting. I can only imagine how it must have smelled. I would have torn it up, seriously. The walls were still dirty. I am sure those maid service ladies worked their fingers to the bone, but the house still did not look clean. I think some of that dirt on the walls, cabinets, etc., must be so ground in that it would be impossible to really clean it up.

I really cringed when someone found her upper denture. For a moment, I thought she was going to put them in her mouth!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I think she would have if the lady hadn't told her not to. Scary.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fanatic

I saw some before and after photos on the web site and agree the house they profiled on the last show is in terrible shape structurally. It looks much neater, but it's hard to believe it's worth trying to salvage the physical structure. But she probably has no money to replace the house.

Some of the advertised episodes seem familiar. Are they re-runs?

Watching this show makes me "skeeve". I can't imagine living like this. Worse yet is the people having to clean this filth.
    That one where the toilet was covered/filled with "poop"; had to turn the show off. That lady that tought sour cream & yougurt that had expired 6 months ago has got to have some really deep issuse.

as long as it's not puffy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3761690;
    That lady that tought sour cream & yougurt that had expired 6 months ago has got to have some really deep issuse.

Wish I got this station! The closest show I've seen to this one is BBC's "How Clean Is Your House?" That is a good show - it's nice to see people helped and some seem so happy after (and keep their houses tidy, at least for a few more weeks for the return visit.) For some people that type of help seems to change lives.

It's amazing what some people's homes/home lives are. There was a customer in a doll shop our family used to run, who literally would buy everything in sight when he came in. He said his (old Victorian, so that means two stories at least) house was crammed roof to floor with toys. He was a successful 'professional' type, but had that fixation. Had to have toys. Made me wonder what had happened to him, y'know?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3763232;
    Wish I got this station! The closest show I've seen to this one is BBC's "How Clean Is Your House?" That is a good show - it's nice to see people helped and some seem so happy after (and keep their houses tidy, at least for a few more weeks for the return visit.) For some people that type of help seems to change lives.

It's amazing what some people's homes/home lives are. There was a customer in a doll shop our family used to run, who literally would buy everything in sight when he came in. He said his (old Victorian, so that means two stories at least) house was crammed roof to floor with toys. He was a successful 'professional' type, but had that fixation. Had to have toys. Made me wonder what had happened to him, y'know?
    I've always wanted to see "How Clean Is Your House?" but we don't get the BBC Channel. I liked TLC's "Clean Sweep" when it was on.

You can watch Hoarders on A&E's website.

I love this show BUT this last woman was obviously mentally ill. I would guess that ANYONE who is at level 5 (in hoarder terms) needs to be committed to an asylum (do they still have them?). This woman was SOOOOOOOO out of it! I swear that she would have put those dentures back in if the one woman hadn't told her not to. Sorry but when a person is OK living in that filth then you don't even let them chime in on what should be there. I felt so sorry for the children and the neighbors. She was JUST PLAIN CRAZY! She blamed everyone but herself for the situation. Two dead cats and it didn't even bother her. I feel that the show should try to help people who can be "saved" from this kind of situation. This woman ONLY wanted help because he house was going to be condemned NOT because she wanted it. She really didn't care.

+ Reply to Thread