+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Hoarders (A&E)

Re: Hoarders (A&E)

Her son (well, he says he is her son) is posting on the main Hoarders board (A&E ) that she has already returned to hoarding. She has a lot of mental health issues going on. Honestly, someone should get power of attorney and look after her for her own good.

omg - i didn't even think abt the smell/humidity aspect. ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!

i kinda felt bad for her son too.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3760196;
    Yes, the new season started last night.

The thing that really grossed me out was she lived in Louisiana. It's pretty hot and humid in LA, the stench must have been out of this world. No wonder the neighbors called the parish about her.

she didn't seem very happy/grateful abt the chair at all.

that bathroom was absolutely disgusting. the one guy couldn't even clean it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760271;
    That was one of the worst episodes I've seen. That bathroom was disgusting. I can't even imagine what it must have smelled like. She definitely didn't seem that impressed that her house was clean...or that the guys gave her a new chair (which I thought was SOOO sweet!). She seems like she will go right back to hoarding. I was happy to hear that she is getting counseling. Hopefully that will help.

of course she is . . . . . i was hoping they were going to hire a cleaning service to come thru there regularly (weekly!). she def has some mental health issues and i am not even sure that she is really a hoarder. she didn't seem to have any unnatural attachments to any of the stuff - she wasn't all broken up abt them throwing things out. i think she was just slovenly and lazy - prob as the result of some untreated mental probs,

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3760283;
    Her son (well, he says he is her son) is posting on the main Hoarders board (A&E ) that she has already returned to hoarding. She has a lot of mental health issues going on. Honestly, someone should get power of attorney and look after her for her own good.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3760340;
    of course she is . . . . . i was hoping they were going to hire a cleaning service to come thru there regularly (weekly!). she def has some mental health issues and i am not even sure that she is really a hoarder. she didn't seem to have any unnatural attachments to any of the stuff - she wasn't all broken up abt them throwing things out. i think she was just slovenly and lazy - prob as the result of some untreated mental probs,
    I think you are right about that. There were only a few items that she pulled from the pile of garbage. But she really didn't have a problem with them throwing away her things (garbage). What a shame to hear that she is already hoarding again.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I didn't see this woman as a hoarder, I saw her as someone who was just lazy and nasty and just never cleaned or threw things in the garbage but decided to just toss them on the floor and furniture around her house. She didn't have a problem with them just shoveling the stuff into the garbage. The only thing she wanted was her teeth. I know the smell had to he horendous especially since there were dead kitties under the ruble and mess. EWWWW!

FORT Fanatic

One of the 'experts' said the woman's inability to notice the smell of decaying animals is part of her illness.

I've seen shows on other networks, and this was different in that the woman didn't seem to participate much in actually throwing things away herself. I had gotten the impression that is crucial to recovery - the PATIENT makes decisions on how to handle an item. There was one woman who ended up with something like 900 boxes in storage because she insisted she had to go through them all!

I agree with others than I can't believe they didn't tear down the house . How could they take out furniture and clean it when it must be so bad?

I think this woman has more than 'mere' hoarding problems. There is other illness there. I feel sorry for her long-suffering daughter and the neighbors. Ugh. I don't blame the son for being emotionally distanced. It was because of her that he had to move out at the age of 14. He probably felt the 'stuff' mattered more than he did to his mother.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think one reason why she didn't go through the things herself is because it was literally....trash. I didn't see many actual items in that heap. Maybe one or two.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I think there are many layers with these people. Somewhat the same as Amber on Sex Rehab, it wasn't til she got her drug addiction under control that the sex addiction surfaced.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I, after watching the introduction to that episode, decided not to watch. Too squeamish.

+ Reply to Thread