+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

This premiered last night, it seems pretty good. It's kind of like Survivor family style and they have some of the comforts of home. The host is none other than AI's Matt Rogers, weird that he's hosting a show but whatever.

Re: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3653356;
    This premiered last night, it seems pretty good. It's kind of like Survivor family style and they have some of the comforts of home. The host is none other than AI's Matt Rogers, weird that he's hosting a show but whatever.
    Who is Matt Rogers? And, isn't this a reality show?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oops you're right! Mods, could you please move/merge? Thanks!

Matt Rogers was a contestant on American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3653382;
    Oops you're right! Mods, could you please move/merge? Thanks!

Matt Rogers was a contestant on American Idol.
    When was he a contestant on AI? Thanks

Oh yeah! I was wondering who the host was!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3653389;
    When was he a contestant on AI? Thanks
    Season 3, the year Fantasia won, he placed 11th I believe.

THanks, Paridy.
    I just looked him up as I had watched that season and did not remember him at all. Must not have been that memorable to me.

FORT Fan

This show is disturbing.

There goes the neighbourhood indeed, straight to hell. I don't get why the host is hammering home the fact that this is a game, and once it's over they're going to be neighbours again.

This is a game, and once it's over there's going to be nothing by bitterness left between those people. The only way for them to survive as a community is if the winner decides to share the money with the other families... and even then it's debatable whether the group holds.

It's just weird to see people participating. They must have hated each other before this. Why else would you participate in a show that is going to destroy your relationship with your neighbours?

Imagine this, you're getting voted off the island by your friends and neighbours, people you've known for years. They're basically telling you that they don't think you're worth the price at the end of the line. The bulls*** about competition is not going to fly, because at the end of the day you're out, and they're in. When that wall comes down, one family is going to be rich, and you're not.

You're forced to vote against your neighbours and friends. It boils down to a "who do you like best" type of choice, and that's the kind that burns bridges and creates huge chasms. Congratulations, you just won immunity, now sell your soul and show your neighbours who you don't think should deserve that money.

If they're going to catch the episodes, they're going to get to hear what people say about them behind their back.

What seems like a small inconspicious remark to the camera, might just as well be the smoking gun.

"She's very emotional" might translate to: "She's an unstable thing, and unfit to be a mother. That's just typical for lesbians."

"He has no qualms taking money from anyone, at any age" doesn't even need a translation. Congratulations, you just described the man next door as a greedy immoral bastard who is willing to con children out of their money... and you did it for an audience of potentially millions... including the person you just bad-mouthed.

It's like watching a trainwreck in progress. Something about the whole thing seems dangerous and reckless. It just seems like these people are going to get their lives utterly ruined after the show. They just sold their happiness for fifteen minutes of fame.

To whomever wins: enjoy the money, use it to move to a different neighbourhood, because life in this one isn't going to be pleasant.

There's not enough councelling in the world to salvage this mess.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 08-12-2009 at 05:50 AM.

lol, sadly, this post just made me want to watch the show. i am abt to see if it is avail on the cbs website.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3655576;
    This show is disturbing.

There goes the neighbourhood indeed, straight to hell. I don't get why the host is hammering home the fact that this is a game, and once it's over they're going to be neighbours again.

This is a game, and once it's over there's going to be nothing by bitterness left between those people. The only way for them to survive as a community is if the winner decides to share the money with the other families... and even then it's debatable whether the group holds.

It's just weird to see people participating. They must have hated each other before this. Why else would you participate in a show that is going to destroy your relationship with your neighbours?

Imagine this, you're getting voted off the island by your friends and neighbours, people you've known for years. They're basically telling you that they don't think you're worth the price at the end of the line. The bulls*** about competition is not going to fly, because at the end of the day you're out, and they're in. When that wall comes down, one family is going to be rich, and you're not.

You're forced to vote against your neighbours and friends. It boils down to a "who do you like best" type of choice, and that's the kind that burns bridges and creates huge chasms. Congratulations, you just won immunity, now sell your soul and show your neighbours who you don't think should deserve that money.

If they're going to catch the episodes, they're going to get to hear what people say about them behind their back.

What seems like a small inconspicious remark to the camera, might just as well be the smoking gun.

"She's very emotional" might translate to: "She's an unstable thing, and unfit to be a mother. That's just typical for lesbians."

"He has no qualms taking money from anyone, at any age" doesn't even need a translation. Congratulations, you just described the man next door as a greedy immoral bastard who is willing to con children out of their money... and you did it for an audience of potentially millions... including the person you just bad-mouthed.

It's like watching a trainwreck in progress. Something about the whole thing seems dangerous and reckless. It just seems like these people are going to get their lives utterly ruined after the show. They just sold their happiness for fifteen minutes of fame.

To whomever wins: enjoy the money, use it to move to a different neighbourhood, because life in this one isn't going to be pleasant.

There's not enough councelling in the world to salvage this mess.

I found it fascinating in the first episode. Until I gave some thought to the premise

How did they find a neighborhood full of families where all of the parents were able to take an extended period of time off work and no one had elderly parents who might have an emergency and no one was a diabetic who needed electricity to keep their insulin refrigerated? Did anyone notice any dogs or cats in this neighborhood? What kind of neighborhood has no house pets?

the more I think about it, the more I think that this was not a pre-existing neighborhood and the stories about how parent A babysat parent B's kids when they were babies is a made up crock of poo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast