+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

I hated the constant "Are you gonna vote for us?". I thought that was kind of tacky and could have been phrased in a different way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Im not crazy am I? Did they skip a week when the Upshaws were eliminated? The last time I watched they were kings and the Mullinexes were gone.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3700701;
    Im not crazy am I? Did they skip a week when the Upshaws were eliminated? The last time I watched they were kings and the Mullinexes were gone.
    Last night's show was two hours. I taped it but only watched the last half hour live, so haven't seen the first hour and a half. I was thinking the first hour was going to be a "regular" show with the three families being in some sort of contest that eliminated one of the families, and the last hour, going from two families to one.

yes. I missed the second hour, but the first one was a competition between the 3 families with the winner choosing which family to take to the finals with them

Click to see Spoiler:
    Johnstons won, eliminated the Upshaws
    Last edited by schmoo2; 09-14-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

What a failure of a show.

Isn't "we're not going to ask for your vote" sort of like campaigning? And we don't know how much they really did that was edited out; and perhaps the Johnston's "campagning" was limited to the few incidents we saw. Editing, editing, editing. And was it really necessary to reveal the actual count? Pour salt in the wound, fellas.

What was the point of the final challenge? The prize was really no prize at all. Gee, now we get the work and stress of "hosting". What a privilege.

Overall, this is one of the worst thought out shows of its kind, in my opinion. The challenges were often silly or feeble.

I was pleased when the Johnston girl said something to the effect of "let's just go in and vote, already. There's nothing more to say." I got the impression the producer was milking the "discussion" forever, trying to get some great clips and the Johnston's just got fed up with it.

Ridiculous to raise the family up over the wall when there was a perfectly good door. High drama. The producer was trying to inject some excitement but it came across as desperate.

Hey, look, Schindler is on the zip line! Will he win? Um, if he's on the zip line it's pretty much over, isn't it? Again, misplaced drama.

I hope the families really are able to get along now but I have my doubts. Remember, they were speaking at the moment. As of last night, they saw the conversations and strategies played out among the other famillies. Could stir up some discontent.
    What?! Am I still here?

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Apparently the dad in the winning family is from my hometown. My tiny little hometown in Central PA. I think he grew up here and attended high school here and lived here for awhile after. I had no idea until there was an article in the local newspaper about him last weekend. He said he wouldn't do something like the show again although he thought it was a great experience. He also said that there was a lot of turmoil during the taping and then the neighborhood got back to normal until the show aired. He said old wounds were exposed again and now that the show is over, things are back to about 95% of what they used to be. He said he lives in the best neighborhood in America.
    Wake up and be awesome

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Thanks for the update, Ashley. I bet some new wounds were opened too as the families heard comments made within other families or to the camera for the first time. But, great to know that there was no lasting effect.

FORT Fan

I reckon they had to sign a contract stating that they would never air grievances about the show to the public.

That's something you don't want to see happening as a producer or even a network. Particpants, with young children, telling the world that the producers and the show ruined their lives and relationships...
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567