+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

FORT Fan

Re: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3664587;
    I was sad to see the Mother/Daughter team be eliminated last night. I suppose they did that because they knew the least about her but to me it seemed like an easy out for the voting families. I have to say that I'm not fond of the female partners who put them up for elimination. It seems as though the partner who is new to the neighborhood was bullying the one who has lived there a while and has a real connection to the others.
    I agree- they voted her out because she probably works her butt off to support her daughter and doesn't have the extra time to schmooze with the neighbors.
    Anyway- I agree about the partner (Renee I think) They even said their relationship is only two years old- so why was Renee telling that mom that "we have known these families a whole lot longer than your family" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3664919;
    They are real neighbors and I am sure real neighborhood. A friend of mine and her neighbors tried out for the show. She was not told much, of course, except they would be competing against each other- winners get 250,000. We all suggested she not participate, and she obviously didn't. She feels pretty good about it now after watching it.
    A few things I didnt like- what was the reason to turn off electricity? I can see no cell phones, computers, etc. but that was just too much. It's hot there too. I agree that when all is said and done- there will be a lot of hard feelings within this group.

How much time did all of the parents have to take off work?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3665396;
    I don't remember, but I'm thinking not too long since there are not that many families and they probably scrunch everything into a few weeks.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3665396;
    I read somewhere else (can't link to it) that it was a three week shoot (not as long as I had suspected... I was wondering about people taking off work, etc). Also, most pets and some other family members (as has been mentioned) were sent to stay with friends and family during the shoot.

They really are neighbors and I guess they had a bit of trouble finding a neighborhood where they could get 8 or so families that were all willing to play the game, could all take off work, etc.
    It would make sense that they wouldn't all know each other well, as people move in and out and have different schedules, etc. But, that seems to be the inherent flaw and unfair aspect of the show. You have some people who are already close, therefore will create an alliance, banding against the "outsiders."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like a normal neighborhood to me. Some are close, some are not. That's the way it is in my neighborhood, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

The first episode was disturbing because at least they raised the impression that all families were on equal footing, and thus all the backstabbing and bile was distributed evenly. Destroying a small community completely.

The second episode makes it clear that there is no hope left for the people involved. People are already beginning to plan out strategies and star building up alliances.

This results in villifying the participants. The core group comes across as insular, pushing out the new families. This doesn't make them sympathetic, it makes them appear like a bunch of backstabbing scorpions.

The people who are being eliminated one by one become victims, and you just can't see them return to the neighbourhood with any sort of respect for their neighbours. If your neighbour, who claimed to be your friend, voted you out, would you be so forgiving if that person then went on to win the main prize?

No matter how you twist and turn, your choices are based on personal convictions. You vote someone off not because you think they are a real threat, but because you don't think they deserve to win the money. You vote someone off because you don't like them, or because you don't want them to win. The person voted off, knows you don't like him or her.

The Upshaw kids are getting on my nerves. I'm shocked to find out that the daughter is about to start college. She seems more like she's about 12-13 years old.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3661570;
    I'm answering my own quote !!!! Goes to show, we can't believe everything one reads. I still think ABC sunk lower than low.
    it is a CBS show

this is kind of interesting...no mail either...how do they pay the bills?

The way this game is going is why kids don't need to be included on these teams....especially little kids. Maybe 16+ years of age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast