+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

Re: There Goes The Neighborhood-CBS

I read somewhere that the houses they show on the program are not their real houses but stage houses for the show. Now, are these people really neighbors, who knows. If they are. I agree with the poster that stated this will create animosity in all of them forever. ABC has sunk to a real low on this show.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I don't know, they show wide shots of the wall and you can see other houses and cars driving by

I'm still on the fence with this show. I'll give it another chance before I give an opinion although I'll admit to not being thrilled with the premise.

I will say I did see dogs....or maybe just a dog. There is a "door" in the wall that can be used for emergencies, I'm sure. Also, I think this is their neighborhood and these are there homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3660314;
    I read somewhere that the houses they show on the program are not their real houses but stage houses for the show. Now, are these people really neighbors, who knows. If they are. I agree with the poster that stated this will create animosity in all of them forever. ABC has sunk to a real low on this show.
    I'm answering my own quote !!!! Goes to show, we can't believe everything one reads. I still think ABC sunk lower than low.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't like little kids in these competitions, nor do I care for melodramatic teens.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One thing for everyone to remember about this show.........Mike Fleiss is the producer of it. Now for those who have watched seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette or have watched More To Love this season, then you understand what I mean. For those that don't, it means that the man is all about the drama. Fleiss will manipulate, pay people, do whatever it takes to get the drama and the ratings. Fleiss cares ONLY about 3 things.........Money, Drama and Ratings. All other things be damned! If the neighbors afterwards hate one another, doesn't matter to Fleiss!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3660314;
    It's a real neighborhood and they are all neighbors in Kennesaw GA. I don't think kids should be on this show. I bet the neighborhood is not so friendly after the show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is on CBS not ABC, which is weird since Fleiss has his hands in it. I am watching it because it comes on after BB.

I thought the host looked like an old AI contestant. I also think he has done commercials for some hair loss company too in the years since he was on AI.

I can see where people are going to get upset and/or jealous.....it was evident when the first "King" of the neighborhood put up two families who felt they were very close to the "King's" family. I was surprised the "Two Moms" didn't put up that "King" family when they had the chance tonight.

And apparently five of the families are in a "core" group while the three others are somewhat new to the neighborhood. I can see the remaining two newbie families going before it gets down and dirty picking off the rest of the core families.

It will be interesting to see what happens as this series unfolds. I can see a lot of problems down the road. People will not so easily forget. And I don't want to see any of the little kids crying when their family is up for elimination or they do poorly in a challenge. The one girl crying tonight was hard to watch and she was a teen.

The mom and daughter who were eliminated tonight did have a dog. Don't know if any of the other families have pets.

I'll give it another shot to see if it gets any better. But I doubt it will.

I was sad to see the Mother/Daughter team be eliminated last night. I suppose they did that because they knew the least about her but to me it seemed like an easy out for the voting families. I have to say that I'm not fond of the female partners who put them up for elimination. It seems as though the partner who is new to the neighborhood was bullying the one who has lived there a while and has a real connection to the others.

FORT Fan

They are real neighbors and I am sure real neighborhood. A friend of mine and her neighbors tried out for the show. She was not told much, of course, except they would be competing against each other- winners get 250,000. We all suggested she not participate, and she obviously didn't. She feels pretty good about it now after watching it.
    A few things I didnt like- what was the reason to turn off electricity? I can see no cell phones, computers, etc. but that was just too much. It's hot there too. I agree that when all is said and done- there will be a lot of hard feelings within this group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast