+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 248

Thread: Ruby

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,862

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3837178;
    I'd rather watch Ruby lose weight this way than the folks on Biggest Loser, which has gotten frighteningly unsafe, imo. Also, it's completely unrealistic for people to expect to lose 10+ pounds in a week and I think gives people at home trying to lose weight extremely unrealistic expectations.
    I have been hearing rumblings about just how safe BL really is. I know the times I have watched the show, I keep waiting for someone to drop dead of a heart attack.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3837158;
    I am in the process of losing 100-140 pounds and I must say it is not easy. It seemed to have crept up on me as the years rolled on.

    Very good post Imperfect1!
    Thanks gabriel, and I wish you good luck in your endeavors too. It must be so great having a show like Ruby on the air, to have something that you can so closely identify with and relate to.

    I know losing weight isn't easy, cause I've been there. And I approach the weight problem thing from the other end --- meaning, once having gotten the weight off, I am obsessive about keeping it off, which also isn't easy! I was always heavy as a kid and as a teenager (not fat exactly, but what the Russians call "zoftig"). After trying to diet for many years, I was finally able to lose the weight in my early 20s, and for the first time in my life I became slender, I vowed I would never again be heavy, and I haven't. So since then, I've been obsessive about keeping that weight off, and won't even let myself gain a couple of extra pounds. That's really hard too, because the desire to eat is unfortunately, always with us. But here's my thinking, and I think it makes sense --- if I have to diet and control what I eat anyway, I'd rather do it being slim than being heavy. It's the exact same battle, and I'm still having to deal with it most every day, but at least I have the (fabulous!) consolation of being able to stay at my target weight.

  3. #73
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3838368;
    ... if I have to diet and control what I eat anyway, I'd rather do it being slim than being heavy. It's the exact same battle, and I'm still having to deal with it most every day, but at least I have the (fabulous!) consolation of being able to stay at my target weight.
    I too have been trying to keep my weight off, its getting harder and harder, I think for me its staying motivated. Your philosopy above just clicks with me. That is definately one way I had never really looked at it. Thanks, I will use it to keep me on the right path. I had just recently gained 5 pounds more than I need to be, and unfortunately for me, it came in the form of me not eating right and having stopped exercising, so although 5 lbs. is nothing compared to allot, my weight is now more fat than muscle. Some may understand what I am talking about, most probably wont. Anyways, thank for your view. It has inspired me.

    Wow, to thing I saw the light through a reality tv post. Sheesh. I"LL TAKE IT!

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by hijadelaguera;3838992;
    I too have been trying to keep my weight off, its getting harder and harder, I think for me its staying motivated. Your philosopy above just clicks with me. That is definately one way I had never really looked at it. Thanks, I will use it to keep me on the right path. I had just recently gained 5 pounds more than I need to be, and unfortunately for me, it came in the form of me not eating right and having stopped exercising, so although 5 lbs. is nothing compared to allot, my weight is now more fat than muscle. Some may understand what I am talking about, most probably wont. Anyways, thank for your view. It has inspired me.

    Wow, to thing I saw the light through a reality tv post. Sheesh. I"LL TAKE IT!
    Your welcome. It was good for me too, to verbalize it, because it was like a reaffirmation that I hadn't thought about for a while. The only bad part about my philosophy, is that, LOL, we get absolutely no sympathy for our suffering, because when you try to complain about not being able to eat what you want, people shake their head at you like you're crazy and say something like, "Why are you dieting? You're so thin!" Little do they know there's a heavy person in there just dying to get back out again!

  5. #75
    Éirinn go Brách NJ EJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    810

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3830692;
    I had the exact same reaction as y'all (shout out to Ruby & my Tennessee peeps):
    • Jeff is straight?
    • Jeff is only 30?
    • Jeff's new girlfriend is going to have a tough row to hoe with Ruby
    • Ruby is a virgin -- what did she & Denny do for 8 years? Yes, I know it's none of my business but she brings it up.

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,862

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3840268;
    • Ruby is a virgin -- what did she & Denny do for 8 years? Yes, I know it's none of my business but she brings it up.
    Ahem, there is lots you can do...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3841716;
    Ahem, there is lots you can do...
    Not if you're a virgin.

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by hijadelaguera;3838992;
    I had just recently gained 5 pounds more than I need to be, and unfortunately for me, it came in the form of me not eating right and having stopped exercising, so although 5 lbs. is nothing compared to allot, my weight is now more fat than muscle. Some may understand what I am talking about, most probably wont.
    I totally get what you are saying. I've been fortunate that I've been thin all of my life, but I do watch what I eat, and do some sort of exercise. When I gain a few pounds from eating junk food or eating more around the holidays, most people don't notice b/c I have a small frame. But I know what that extra 5 lbs looks on me without clothing! If I mention I've gained weight, most people roll their eyes or think I have a body dysmorphic disorder, but I know those extra 5 lbs are not muscle. I know that's nothing compared to what Ruby and others go through, and that's why I admire Ruby for not giving up.

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3841716;
    Ahem, there is lots you can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841760;
    Not if you're a virgin.
    There are other things she could do.

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3841825;
    There are other things she could do.
    I have no clue what you are talking about...
    Oh no! Mental image!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.