+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

Are the producers REALLY gonna leave us hanging for another season to find out if Ruby was sexually abused or not? Uggh! Saw a commercial for the "season finale"? w/Rosie O'Donnell and it seems the big question will still remain unanswered. Talk about stringing things out....Ratings are important but I will still watch the show after the sexual abuse issue is revealed one way or another. I do wish they'd finally get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall View Post
    How long has this show been on? Two years? Doesn't seem like she has lost that much weight. I guess if she reaches her goal her show would be over, so she will probably let it drag out another 2 or 3 years.
    Oh wow, Ruby has lost HALF her body weight/size. She started out at 700 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Oh wow, Ruby has lost HALF her body weight/size. She started out at 700 lbs.
    And its more real to show the actual struggle, cause its not easy. She is trying to do this the healthy way... it takes time....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And its more real to show the actual struggle, cause its not easy. She is trying to do this the healthy way... it takes time....
    She started the show having lost quite a bit, a hundred or almost three. Since the show started it is unclear how much she has lost. They are not revealing that.

All this season has focused on how much weight she's gained back.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I always thought "reality shows" were supposed to be about "real life." The real life of an obese person usually involves a lot of ups and downs in weight. Trying to diet. . . and failing --- trying again. . . and failing --- trying again. . . and failing --- Sometimes this goes on their whole life. Yes, Ruby has gained some weight this season, and now she's trying again to lose it. I appreciate her struggle, and I'll be so happy for her when she finally does lose it --- cause I think she will. I'm just so puzzled by the posters who seem to be exasperated with her because of her weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I always thought "reality shows" were supposed to be about "real life." The real life of an obese person usually involves a lot of ups and downs in weight. Trying to diet. . . and failing --- trying again. . . and failing --- trying again. . . and failing --- Sometimes this goes on their whole life. Yes, Ruby has gained some weight this season, and now she's trying again to lose it. I appreciate her struggle, and I'll be so happy for her when she finally does lose it --- cause I think she will. I'm just so puzzled by the posters who seem to be exasperated with her because of her weight gain.
    I think you are mistaken. Reality shows aren't ever about real life.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I think you are mistaken. Reality shows aren't ever about real life.
    Yes, of course I 'know' that, but what I really meant was, reality as compared to fairy tales. It would be a fairy tale if a 700+ lb person just quickly, and easily and regularly like clock-work dropped the weight off without any struggles or set-backs. Ruby's show is showing the 'reality' of how hard it is, and how many set-backs there are. (And they're even delving deeply into the subconscious reasons for the weight gain and difficulty of weight loss, which I think is very brave and very socially enlightened!)

The scenes with Rosie were very mind boggling! Wow! The statistics are staggering --- and they are probably pretty close to being accurate: one out of every three girls, and one out of every five boys in this country have been sexually abused. And it's probably even worse in some other countries, where there are virtually no boundaries enforced between adults and children.

Deja vu all over again . . . . waiting for Ruby to face reality. Many (way too many, sadly) of us were molested in our younger years. Ruby's staying in denial despite all evidence -- years of missing memories, gut wrenching written cries for help, whatever it is she said to Paula White that she didn't want recorded -- is keeping her sick & unable to grow up.

Ruby seems to have a lot of friends so she must do something for others but mostly what we've been shown is her supreme selfishness & expectation that everyone stop what they're doing to attend to her needs. And it's never enough. Don't any of these people have paying jobs? Other friends? I realize that the cameras don't run 365 / 24x7 so I guess that all happens off camera.

Having said that, I still think this is the most 'real' of the reality shows. I only hope she gets the help she needs & moves on with her life. And that it doesn't turn out to be her dad that is the cause of this trauma.

+ Reply to Thread