+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

i think ruby should have just went with the flow instead of asking him directly if he was romantically interested in her. some of the best relationships grow out of friendships. he was clearly interested in her, so she should have just let things develop.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvpebbles View Post
    Last night's show was really sad. Ruby was in California with her friend, Georgia, helping get Georgia's son settled in. While there, they attended a larger-sized women's fashion show, and Ruby made the acquaintance of the manager of the bar where the show was held. She was quite taken with him, and he seemed to be really into her. Of course, with her size still being an issue, Ruby felt there was no way he could look at her as more than a friend, but Georgia and the others tried to convince her otherwise. This guy contacted Ruby and arranged for them to visit an art museum and have dinner together. It really seemed like there was a physical connection there, and you could see Ruby getting her hopes up. At dinner, however, the guy told Ruby he just wanted to be friends. You could literally see Ruby's pain. She stated that she hoped someday that a man would look past her outward appearance and like her for what was inside. I felt so sorry for her!!! She did get a new hairdo, though (extensions, too), and she looked amazing. That guy really passed up on a great girl, because he couldn't look at her inner beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvpebbles View Post
    You could literally see Ruby's pain. She stated that she hoped someday that a man would look past her outward appearance and like her for what was inside. I felt so sorry for her!!! She did get a new hairdo, though (extensions, too), and she looked amazing. That guy really passed up on a great girl, because he couldn't look at her inner beauty.
    It may not have been her size that was the reason for his non-romantic feelings towards Ruby. But I think it's typical of Ruby to assume that, which is a shame and may be holding her back.
    If you don't feel that certain chemistry, you just don't, no matter how good looking they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It may not have been her size that was the reason for his non-romantic feelings towards Ruby. But I think it's typical of Ruby to assume that, which is a shame and may be holding her back.
    If you don't feel that certain chemistry, you just don't, no matter how good looking they may be.
    I agree. Having seen her on TV in general I think some aspects of her personality are a problem. She's a nice girl but it's obvious she has issues and a lot of people dont' want to get involved with all that.

Last night's show underscored once again why Ruby shouldn't be anywhere around Denny until she has figured out where to put him in her life.....like in the past. I think if she continues to semi-hang on to him in any other way she is destined to be hurt again.

On a side note, a friend and I are driving down to Savannah in a couple of weeks for a little R and R and besides going by Paula Deen's restaurant and going out to Tybee Island, we also plan to do a "drive-by" of Ruby's house. Maybe we'll get lucky and she will be home or out in the yard or something. I would love to meet her.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Okay, I haven't really been watching Ruby faithfully this season but did they move into a new house? Or is it the same house as in past seasons? Now I'm seeing a big pool in the backyard that I never noticed before.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Oh I think it was probably Ruby's size. That is a turn off, for most men, before they even get a chance to see further.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Okay, I haven't really been watching Ruby faithfully this season but did they move into a new house? Or is it the same house as in past seasons? Now I'm seeing a big pool in the backyard that I never noticed before.
    that is an LA house they are renting/house sitting for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Oh I think it was probably Ruby's size. That is a turn off, for most men, before they even get a chance to see further.
    You're probably right, but I also think it may just be her personality. She may make for good TV, but I think I'd be exhausted by Ruby. She's got a big personality and is always "on" and that can get tiring. Plus, she seems to have a constant need to be the center of attention.

ETA: I don't even know what to say about the stuff with Denny. Just
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I find the situation with Denny to be extremely poignant and touching. I can completely understand Ruby's part in it: Being 700+ pounds, and 'with' Denny for many years, Denny was not only the love of her life, but he was the only man in her life, and was very likely the only man who was EVER going to be in her life. Not only that, he was genuinely attractive, and very seductive to her, and apparently he made her believe that he really loved her and would marry her someday, if she lost the weight. I think that Ruby was in love with him and still is, and she is mad and hurt by, what she believes to be a huge betrayal, coupled with the fact that she doesn't believe that any other man will ever be in love with her.

What I don't understand is Denny's part in all of this. He genuinely seems to be attracted to her to a certain extent --- and participates in all the flirting and kissing and whatever --- but I don't think he has a clue how fragile Ruby's love for him was and still is. Although he apparently never really meant all the things he told her and promised her about getting married, he did stay around for years and even now, comes in and out of her life, not just as a plutonic friend, but as something more --- We've seen for ourselves on camera how flirtatious he is with her and how complimentary and all --- but I just can't figure out what is going on in his head, that he doesn't realize that it is so wrong to toy with her the way many men often toy with women's affections.

I understand the premise of Ruby's show was to watch Ruby lose the weight on her own and to keep up with her daily life and struggles as a 700+ pound woman... It seems now would be the time for Ruby to consider joining one of the weight loss "Spas", shows like Heavy have highlighted. She has emotional issues (as we all do) but the weight is very unhealthy for her and it seems she could be doing more to lose it while she faces her emotional past. The weight, food addiction and possible abuse are obviously tied together. I'm starting to feel like every season that Ruby plugs along on her own is just watching her slow death. It's very sad particularly since she is such a lifely personality and has so much to offer! It might make good tv, but it is so different than watching an alcoholic binge drink then go about their day? Would we watch that? Let's hope not because otherwise some sleezy tv producer will be putting it on air!!

+ Reply to Thread