+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3655239;
    This is probably the most 'real' reality show out there. Even though the situations are staged (gotta get the camera & boom set up), Ruby's reactions are for the most part heart-wrenchingly real.

I am so afraid that she's going to find out she was molested during those 'lost' years -- something tragic happened to make her change schools so often & forget so much about her own life. (I'm a bit surprised that her therapist hasn't recommended a hypnotist.)
    That's the first thing I thought when she first talked about not remembering her childhood I'm sure it's not going to be good. I worry that she'll remember being molested by her father, who she seemed to worship. I think she may have to do hypnotherapy to remember because nothing else seems to have worked. I think knowing what happened will be painful for her, but I think it may help her to NOT gain the weight back.

I really like this show, but her voice grates on me sometimes too. She's just so darned sweet and really seems to want to lose the weight for good this time that I find myself rooting for her even when she says "essited" twenty times an episode!

It seems like she's found trainers who are much better for her. That woman who she was training with before (along with Reese) really turned on her when she decided to go elsewhere. I wondered if she was upset she wouldn't be on TV any more. I'm glad Ruby is branching out and trying new things with her workouts. I remember when she didn't even want to do the basic gym machines when she first started.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FoRTer

I really enjoy this show. The way Ruby has opened herself up to the whole changing process, and has bared her emotions as she's going through it, just amazes me. I will say that the work on recalling lost/repressed memories does scare me (if your own brain is trying to protect you from remembering something, then you're not yet ready to remember). But maybe that's the key - she'll be able to remember when she's strong enough to handle it?

i think so too . . . . that she was abused in some way.

are her parents both deceased?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3655239;
    This is probably the most 'real' reality show out there. Even though the situations are staged (gotta get the camera & boom set up), Ruby's reactions are for the most part heart-wrenchingly real.

I am so afraid that she's going to find out she was molested during those 'lost' years -- something tragic happened to make her change schools so often & forget so much about her own life. (I'm a bit surprised that her therapist hasn't recommended a hypnotist.)

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3657532;
    i think so too . . . . that she was abused in some way.

are her parents both deceased?
    I remember her father dying recently.

Add me to the list of people thinking she was abused. It was my first thought last season and after the pilates machine I think it was sexual. IT would explain "insulating" herself by being obese.

I like her alot. Yes, her voice can get a bit whiney, but I noticed she is more that way with other people, when it is her and the camera she talks in a lower more serious tone. She also strikes me as the type of person who would be your best friend through everything.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I get essited to watch this show and just love listening to them all talk...I just wish Ruby would lower her voice...but not change her accent.

Poor Lucy . I know Ruby is devastated. My little guy is on prescription dog food because of his kidneys, as well as taking heart medication.

I'm irked because my cable provider moved the Style network to the higher digital box channels and unless someone has the box as well as the expanded package, they are no longer to see the show. Luckily I still get it but with only one box in the house it's hard to watch it when it comes on and sometimes I forget to tape it.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3685107;
    Poor Lucy . I know Ruby is devastated. My little guy is on prescription dog food because of his kidneys, as well as taking heart medication.

I'm irked because my cable provider moved the Style network to the higher digital box channels and unless someone has the box as well as the expanded package, they are no longer to see the show. Luckily I still get it but with only one box in the house it's hard to watch it when it comes on and sometimes I forget to tape it.
    That dog was her baby.... I felt really bad for her. Her ladies fat group seems like an awful lot of fun and provides good support for all of them.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Oh my gosh, I just watched the episode where Ruby's dog dies. I cried. It was so sad!!
    Wake up and be awesome

I haven't watched that one yet, but I'm sure I'll cry too. Ruby sure has had a lot of emotional upheaval this season. I'm impressed with how she's managed to stay on her diet plan as well as she has. Lots of people would have fallen off the wagon into a vat of donuts by now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3665649;
    I get essited to watch this show and just love listening to them all talk...I just wish Ruby would lower her voice...but not change her accent.

When I first read your post, I thought, "What is that word? Is that a typo?" Then it hit me! So funny! I love Ruby, but when I hear her pronounce that word, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. LOL (There's another word, too, but I can't think of it right now. Maybe it's just the "x" words).

Has there been any news or current sightings of Ruby? I wonder if she has lost even more weight?

ETA: I agree that the last episode with her dog passing was very sad to watch.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 09-02-2009 at 01:38 AM. Reason: add'l thought

+ Reply to Thread