+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 248

Thread: Ruby

  1. #171
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She needs Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser to come over and yell at her.
    There ya go!

  2. #172
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,929

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She needs Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser to come over and yell at her.
    Thats the one thing I don't like about BL. You need to get to the heart of the overeating. Sure there are people who just eat, but like an drug addict there has to be more there. Its not all just workingout and eating less (though that is a major part!).
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #173
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Ruby

    As someone who has been dealing with weight issues for my entire life, I can totally understand where Ruby is coming from. Ruby has become a celebrity of sorts, but no amount of money can lose this weight for her; this is something she has to do on her own, and I so respect and admire the challenges that she has faced and continues to face. She does need some "tough love," given to her, and sometimes I worry that Georgia and her other friends love her too much to actually be tough. They are ultimately not helping her by giving in to her, even though I know they mean well. I recently lost 120 pounds, and it is a constant battle. Even reaching your weight goal does not mean the end of the challenge -- it's a lifetime struggle. I wish Ruby well, and I just hope that she can get her head in the right place to continue losing the weight. I, too, think there are some deep, hidden issues ultimately preventing her from being successful, and I just hope she can bring them out into the open and then get on with her weight loss mission.

  4. #174
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,929

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by iluvpebbles View Post
    As someone who has been dealing with weight issues for my entire life, I can totally understand where Ruby is coming from. Ruby has become a celebrity of sorts, but no amount of money can lose this weight for her; this is something she has to do on her own, and I so respect and admire the challenges that she has faced and continues to face. She does need some "tough love," given to her, and sometimes I worry that Georgia and her other friends love her too much to actually be tough. They are ultimately not helping her by giving in to her, even though I know they mean well. I recently lost 120 pounds, and it is a constant battle. Even reaching your weight goal does not mean the end of the challenge -- it's a lifetime struggle. I wish Ruby well, and I just hope that she can get her head in the right place to continue losing the weight. I, too, think there are some deep, hidden issues ultimately preventing her from being successful, and I just hope she can bring them out into the open and then get on with her weight loss mission.
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!! You make some very good points. I pray the best for Ruby... she is a good person who deserves so much. I want to see her whoel and feeling good about herself. Food addiction is hard to battle. I might be 140 lbs, not obese by any standard, but I was once on my way to 200 lbs and know the struggle is a hard one. You have to deal with food, you need it to live and when its your addiction, its a daily struggle.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #175
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Ruby

    It's easier as a viewer to see Ruby's issues as we watch each episode and to point out the issues, enablers, behavior, etc... I always wonder if Ruby watchers the shows too and picks up any ques that could help her in her "recovery". She would be a good candidate for the weight loss "spas" that the program Heavy uses--if she really wants to focus on losing the weight and not just on creating a television show.

    iluvpebbles--Congrats on your weightloss success!! Your statements are right on too. For every pound we lose, maintaining that weight loss is the hardest part. Yes, anyone can lose weight but it's keeping it off that is the true challenge. I may lose 5 pounds (on my way to a 20 pound goal) have a few days of not following a plan, gain a few back and then just give up. Instead, I should focus on maintaining the 5 pound loss, celebrate it and try to tackle another 5 pounds. Not give up and gain it all back--and then some!

  6. #176
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Ruby

    I have also been following Ruby on Facebook and Twitter for quite a while, now, and it is very interesting to see how her attitude can change from day to day. You see where she is having a really "up" day, and feeling good about herself and meeting with fans, etc., and then there seems to be very difficult days, where she sounds very depressed/defeated. She will try to quote scriptures, inspirational messages, etc., and they are not only for her friends/fans, but she is also trying to encourage herself. This is a very real battle for her, and I guess that's why I am so invested in her story. She can really break your heart on same days, because you can tell she is really struggling.

  7. #177
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ruby

    Quote Originally Posted by iluvpebbles View Post
    I have also been following Ruby on Facebook and Twitter for quite a while, now, and it is very interesting to see how her attitude can change from day to day. You see where she is having a really "up" day, and feeling good about herself and meeting with fans, etc., and then there seems to be very difficult days, where she sounds very depressed/defeated. She will try to quote scriptures, inspirational messages, etc., and they are not only for her friends/fans, but she is also trying to encourage herself. This is a very real battle for her, and I guess that's why I am so invested in her story. She can really break your heart on same days, because you can tell she is really struggling.
    Sometimes it just comes down to, doing. Look forward, not back. Go create a fabulous life Ruby! Her followers and friends are enabling her, big time. Sympathy and "support" will not work.

  8. #178
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    56

    Re: Ruby

    I saw a commercial on OWN (Oprah's network) today that Tennie, the food addiction counselor, is going to have her own show starting in April. It appears that she is going to do something like the six-day thing she did with Ruby.

  9. #179
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,724

    Re: Ruby

    Seasons 1 and 2 are available for instant streaming on Netflix . Since I no longer get Style network this is great. Now I'll have to wait patiently for Season 3.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

  10. #180
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: Ruby

    They've been building up to the big revelation all season. I hope they actually reveal it this season rather than doing some sort of cliffhanger or something. From what Ruby said last night to Jeff and Georgia, she may have remembered WHO abused her, she's just not ready to say.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.