+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

I've been re-watching some of this season's episodes and I can't help but wonder what Ruby would do if she was on a show like "The Biggest Loser". I really think that the way Ruby is losing weight is much healthier and much more realistic than the way the contestants on the ranch lose weight so quickly. Ruby would probably just tell Bob and Jillian that she wasn't "hacky" with them yelling and bullying and could they please just stop it.

I also still can't understand why Ruby's mother and sister cannot help fill in the memory loss of her childhood. Why did she stay out of school so sick one year and end up repeating 4th grade. Did they ever fully explain that? I really like Ruby and enjoy seeing how close and supportive all her many friends are....especially Jeff, Georgia and Jim. I need people like that in MY life!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3983818;
    I've been re-watching some of this season's episodes and I can't help but wonder what Ruby would do if she was on a show like "The Biggest Loser". I really think that the way Ruby is losing weight is much healthier and much more realistic than the way the contestants on the ranch lose weight so quickly. Ruby would probably just tell Bob and Jillian that she wasn't "hacky" with them yelling and bullying and could they please just stop it.

l
    I always thought Biggest Loser would (or will) have someone drop dead from a coronary on the show. This type of weight loss/fitness should be a quick fix, but a lifestyle change that is gradual.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Anybody know when the new season of Ruby starts? Or what she weighs now...saw the TMZ video from June 22nd where she was hiking that hill in California again (same one we saw her do with Denny last year) and she looked like she is well under 300 now....she looked great! This woman totally inspires me for some reason, maybe because she's a fellow Georgian, I dunno.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FORT Fogey

I am interested in her weightloss and am dazzled by her confidence but I find the episodes boring.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. The show is back this coming Sunday. There is a special (or the last epi from the last season, I'm not sure) at 7, followed by the first episode of the new season at 8. I'm excited to see how much progress Ruby has made!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks, Critical! Can't wait to see how Ruby is faring. I friended her on Facebook (along with about a zillion other folks ) and have been reading her posts about the show coming back. No leaks on whether or not she is regaining her memories of childhood or how the weight loss is coming.

And I would still LOVE to see how Ruby would handle Bob and Jillian and the Biggest Loser format......

Ruby was on the Today show interviewed by Matt Lauer. Don't want to give anything away since some viewers might want to wait for the first show to catch up... but thought it was funny when Matt commented that he's sure Ruby probably hates the questions he was asking because 1) he's never had a weight issue and 2) he's a man! Wonder why they didn't have Al Roker interveiw her since he can sympathize with her situation. Would have come across as more sincere and understanding.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I'm so "essited" for Ruby to come back! I was her friend on facebook too but I had to hide her posts because she updates CONSTANTLY.
    Wake up and be awesome

I no longer get the Style network and her shows aren't available online so I'm bummed about not being able to see her show anymore. I'm also friends with her on Facebook and get updates that way.

She was on Dr. Oz yesterday. She's going to mentor another woman who weighs 700lbs.

For those who want to know how Ruby is doing with her weight and don't mind spoilers, read here.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When I saw her on Dr. Oz I knew she had gained weight, it was apparent in her face as well as her figure. So I googled and she has admitted she's gained back 60lbs. but I don't know what her current weight is. She's still struggling to recover her childhood memories and I think as long as she remains unaware, in denial, whatever it may be about her past that she can't remember, she will continue to have her ups and downs. However, she is still a strong role model for those battling with obesity. She has come a long way and continues to make great strides, even with the backsliding. I'm still rooting for her!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I hate to say this, but I found Ruby pretty unlikeable in this episode. I can't believe that she wouldn't think her "relationship" with Denny was normal in any way. Calling 15 times and leaving messages like she did because she thinks he's with another woman is so far out of bounds. It's none of her business if he's sleeping with dozens of women. It's been clear for a while that she was paying lip service about not wanting to be with Denny, but we've never seen this side before. If she wasn't interested in being his girlfriend any more - like she's said many times before - she wouldn't be behaving the way she has when she's around him AND the way she did tonight, both on the phone and in therapy.

Don't get me wrong, Denny's got his own issues, but Ruby acting wounded at the idea of him dating other women is a bit nuts.

According to the scale, she's gained 30 lbs. Next week may be the start of her finding out what really happened to her and I have a feeling it's going to cause more weight gain, not loss.

I watched part of the clip show they aired before this new episode and OMG, the spray tan thing. Ick. The cloud of chemicals in that kitchen was horrible! Georgia should NOT be breathing that in. Neither should Ruby, but she wants the fake tan, so she's asking to be exposed to that junk. The fake tan is just that, imo - FAKE. She looks so much better without it.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-07-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread