+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

Was it me or what, but when they had their "last supper" her friends were kind of rubbing it in her face that they had "fattening " foods and she had a salad?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I didn't see it that way, but I do think editing changes things a lot. I'm proud of Ruby for not having a "last meal" (or "last supper" - however it was referred to!), but I do think it probably was easier for her because she hasn't been eating poorly or excessively for quite some time. I don't think Georgia, nor the other women have been as strict with their food choices as Ruby has been. Still, it takes great will power to continue eating healthy, and I'm proud of Ruby.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3886475;
    I didn't see it that way, but I do think editing changes things a lot. I'm proud of Ruby for not having a "last meal" (or "last supper" - however it was referred to!), but I do think it probably was easier for her because she hasn't been eating poorly or excessively for quite some time. I don't think Georgia, nor the other women have been as strict with their food choices as Ruby has been. Still, it takes great will power to continue eating healthy, and I'm proud of Ruby.
    I like how she said she has had plenty of "last suppers" and yes editing can make anything appear differently.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3886510;
    I like how she said she has had plenty of "last suppers" and yes editing can make anything appear differently.
    Yes - that was very insightful of Ruby.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I completely agree with you Libgirl2! I was especially shocked at Georgia -- Roby's supposed 'best' friend, who ABSOLUTELY was rubbing it in Ruby's face, smacking her lips and all! Her behavior went over the line of "insensitive" to downright "mean"!!! Ohhhhh, this is soooooo goood! Do you want some Ruby? Mmmmmmmmmmm, this is soooooooo goooooooood. Ruby, do you want a bite? Smack, slurp, slurp. What are you having Ruby? Oh, just a salad????? Ohhhhhhhhhhh, this is soooooooo gooooooooood!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-27-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3887355;
    I completely agree with you Libgirl2! I was especially shocked at Georgia -- Roby's supposed 'best' friend, who ABSOLUTELY was rubbing it in Ruby's face, smacking her lips and all! Her behavior went over the line of "insensitive" to downright "mean"!!! Ohhhhh, this is soooooo goood! Do you want some Ruby? Mmmmmmmmmmm, this is soooooooo goooooooood. Ruby, do you want a bite? Smack, slurp, slurp. What are you having Ruby? Oh, just a salad????? Ohhhhhhhhhhh, this is soooooooo gooooooooood!
    Then I wasn't the only one who saw it? I know there is editing, scripting etc... but if I were Ruby, I would have been ticked off.

FORT Fan

I just watched the finale. After watching the finale of Sober House also this week I was struck by really how much the two groups of people have problems based on similar childhood issues. Food really can be a drug of choice for some people. I hope all the women are proud of themselves for the work that they did at the retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3892501;
    I just watched the finale. After watching the finale of Sober House also this week I was struck by really how much the two groups of people have problems based on similar childhood issues. Food really can be a drug of choice for some people. I hope all the women are proud of themselves for the work that they did at the retreat.
    Her one friend really seemed transformed afterwards. I was proud of all of them.

I missed the finale. What was her big revelation? Did she finally remember what happened to her as a child?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3893260;
    I missed the finale. What was her big revelation? Did she finally remember what happened to her as a child?
    No she didn't. But Tennie (the leader) had then do a coloring exercise and Ruby was using black. Tennie said she thinks that indicates some sexual abuse.

+ Reply to Thread