+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby

Re: Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3860153;
    the latest ep was great! seems like we may find out soon why ruby has suppressed memories . . .
    I really worry about this....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

yeah, i think she is going to find out something really horrible . . . . and i have a bad feeling her dad is involved.

on another note, did i hear her say smuffimicated?????

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3860308;
    I really worry about this....

I just watched the latest episode and it really does feel like her mother knows more than she's saying. Ruby is a grown woman and she deserves to know the truth, which she's probably already figured out is not going to be good. If her mother is trying to protect her, I think she's misguided.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3861625;
    I just watched the latest episode and it really does feel like her mother knows more than she's saying. Ruby is a grown woman and she deserves to know the truth, which she's probably already figured out is not going to be good. If her mother is trying to protect her, I think she's misguided.
    I get a scenario of something happening and her mom telling her "it never happened" or "you imagined it" etc....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm new to the Ruby show. Has she tried hypnotism to get at her regressed memories? (Remember how well it worked for Roseanne Barr... Oops - maybe that's a bad example...) Also, I'm surprised her siblings couldn't shed any light on Ruby's past. Guess they weren't as nosy as I was as a kid. I was all up in my older sister's business/diaries.

I have a feeling she was molested by someone in the family. I just don't know why no one will tell her. She thinks she's a virgin, but a dr could tell if she has been "assaulted" or not. I know it happens, but I find it hard to believe someone could block out something that traumatic.

I like the show, but some of her "phrasing" of words drives me insane!

WOW, kudos to this woman, she has really done well with the weight loss. I have only seen the show a couple of times, came here to catch up and learn she is doing well on the weight.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3860932;
    yeah, i think she is going to find out something really horrible . . . . and i have a bad feeling her dad is involved.

on another note, did i hear her say smuffimicated?????
    The merging of the words has got to end. I can't believe her friends allowed that to go on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anah;3869276;
    The merging of the words has got to end. I can't believe her friends allowed that to go on.
    "Humidified" is another one. At first, I thought it was kind of endearing when she would say "esscited," but the pretend words are getting a bit old.

Still love 'ya, Ruby!

"Hacky" drives me crazy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread