+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making His Band

FORT Fogey

Making His Band

Diddy and his enormous ego are back. This time he is dealing with singers and musicians for his new album and tour.

He has made the preliminary selections and the group is moving into the house. In one scene he is talking to a "producer(?)" about his vision for the album and, I swear, he sounded like he was reciting Eddie's dialogue in EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS.

" I want to do something that has not been done before...something ahead of its time"

Oh, in the second episode he and Dawn get together to plan his album....so he did indeed have plans for her that did not include the other girls

Re: Making His Band

sounds like a real snore-fest to me.

i can't imagine wanting to watch this egomaniac put together another "band" that will only fail in the long run. i heard some "music" coming from my tv and guess it was a preview or something of the audition process where some people were jamming together and it didn't sound like any music i would ever listen to.

the real Making the Band for me was the one that started off with the girls...Aubrey and rest, all auditioning and competing, and after that everything just went downhill.

i think it was sort of a shame that Danity Kane did not last. not my kind of music really but still not bad.

You know I too thought I was going to hate this show because of P Diddy. But after watching it, it's really good. Totally different format from previous years. This time it is all about the band and not so much Diddy. I find myself waiting for next when they bring in the backup singers to the house.

I am not a Diddy fan but I am a professional musician and this show is fascinating to me. It reminds me of Rockstar:INXS which I really enjoyed except this one is about the learning/screening/auditioning process for all the musicians (not just singers). I've only seen a couple of episodes but it will be a regular on my DVR!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that you see the group coming together from the very basics. I think it's interesting. Wow! Rigorous screening!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

What amazed me was that the ego-centric Diddy showed himself taking voice lessons... because he felt that he needed them for this new album...How the world has changed!!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3660710;
    I am not a Diddy fan but I am a professional musician and this show is fascinating to me. It reminds me of Rockstar:INXS which I really enjoyed except this one is about the learning/screening/auditioning process for all the musicians (not just singers). I've only seen a couple of episodes but it will be a regular on my DVR!
    I think it would be all the more interesting if the band wasn't being assembled for Combs, if he had no part in the show whatsoever.
    It really is showing him up to be a mediocre vocalist, imo, and the music is nothing to wrote home about.

Speaking of "Rockstar", it looks like this show is being filmed in the Rockstar house. It looks very similar, particularly the pool area.
    "That's Numberwang!"

not a puff Diddy fan, but i find all of his MTV/VH1 shows he has done very entertaining (well except for the fake AI one that just popped up)

this show is great because, i love watching and anything involving musicians & making music. (have a studio in my house)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good show last night. The competitors went out to a club for some relaxation, and some proceeded to get wasted on alcohol. Dumb move for serious competitors. The heavy set, Lynette (?) (keyboard chick), was seriously crushing on a little skinny keyboard guy called J. Free, and the alcohol didn't help. When they got back to the house, J. Free went to her room and told her, with a couple of other people present, that it was not going to happen, that he was not interested in her like that. He left no doubt in anyone's mind that he was not interested. Totally laid it out there. She was hurt and became tearful; her friends (a guy and a girl) comforted her. He may have had 1 drink, if anything. She kept chasing him down wanting to dance with him, and he kept telling her "no", but he would dance with other girls.

He wasn't mean...he was just direct and to the point. I thought he handled the whoe thing well, so as not to give her any hope or leave any confusion. And I like that he did it in front of 2 other people...her friends. He won't be the bad guy for "leading her on". He sees her as an older sister. I like a guy who's honest without being mean, and cuts straight to the chase. Now, maybe she'll find the fire to just burn his butt up in this competition....but I doubt it!

Does anyone know how many keyboardists they plan to hire? J. Free and Brackett(?) are going to be all but impossible to beat!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I decided to not watch this show and watched the premiere episode anyway and I am hooked. I love getting to see the process of putting the actual band together and Diddy isn't all bad this time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast