+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extreme Makeover-Episode Two, An Officer and a Gentlewoman

FORT Newbie

thought of a few things i would like to say

Like i said before i have known melissa for a long time and i think that she is as much fun to be around today as she has always been...and i wish that i would have been lucky enough to be with her on that special day when they did her revealing i would have been so very excited...oh well i got to see her when she came back her class reunion and she looks fabulous...i can not believe that you call yourself one of her friends if all you are going to do is cut her down like that...melissa and i have talked on the phone the whole time since she found out that she got to go on the show...she has not pushed me to the side at all...we talk at least 4 to 5 times a week...she has not shut out her friends at all...maybe you were not one of the close friends to begin with and that is why you are feeling it more now...i guess her and i must be true best friends...had to get that off my chest sorry if i bothered anyone in here...but she does not even have a clue as to what kind of a person melissa is and it is to bad that she has to bash her on here to try and take some of the attention away from melissa becasue she wants it all to herself...sorry whoever you are melissa is more of a kind and nice person then you will ever be who ever you are!!!!!!!!! until later!!!

Melissa, did they ever by chance tell you what the (rough) total "retail" value of your makeover was? I would be curious to find out what it might cost, for an average person, to have that kind of work done.

My wife will be undergoing some plastic surgery next month, so I can appreciate how much courage it took for you to do all of this.

Cost...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Melissa, did they ever by chance tell you what the (rough) total "retail" value of your makeover was? I would be curious to find out what it might cost, for an average person, to have that kind of work done.

My wife will be undergoing some plastic surgery next month, so I can appreciate how much courage it took for you to do all of this.
    Hey John! I'm not sure of exact costs, I did ask about a few things and found out that the breast augmentation would have been around $7,200 and the ear pinning I believe was around $4,000, I asked about the lasik and was told that would have been around $5,000 and my hair cut and color would have cost me $650! I did do some research here at home before Extreme Makeover because I had longed to have my nose, breasts and tummy done for so long. In the Sac area I was told that my nose would have been around $4,500, tummy around $5,700 and breasts around $4,000. I can understand your wife's (not to mention yours) anxiety about her upcoming surgery! Thankfully, my hubby did a lot of research on Dr. Fisher before I was selected and set me at ease with the decision to continue with my Extreme Makeover experience. When I got to Dr. Fisher's office the day of the surgery I felt great until the IV was put in. I thought "When I wake up, I'm going to feel horrible and I'm going to be in A LOT of pain." I remember being wheeled into the operating room and looking around at everyone and reading the order that my surgeries would be done. I looked at someone (can't remember who), smiled and went to sleep. I could go on and on but I'll shut up for now.
    Go to www.planetthong.com

John- Did your wife have the work done that you talked about? If so, how did it go? How's she feeling now? It's been almost 7 months since my surgery and I feel great! I still have some areas that are knumb, but I guess that's expected.

...and I've really enjoyed reading the e-mails people have sent me! I enjoy sharing my experiences with you and answering your quetions!

Melissa, you're so kind to follow up.

Yes, my wife had rhinoplasty (a nose job) on August 5 (her birthday). She'd been wanting it for years, and her brother is getting married next month so now seemed to be a good time.

She's pretty happy with it, now that the swelling's gone down and she's allowed to do some light exercising again. She's got numbness on the tip still, and she still can't blow her nose, which is driving her nuts.

But other than that, she's pretty happy.

I can feel her frustration! Like I said it's been almost 7 months and I still have knumbness, one place is in the tip of my nose (that's where the majority of my work was done) and I just started lightly blowing my nose about a month ago! Give her my best and as I'm sure she already knows, it only gets better!

BTW....great birthday gift!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123