+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dating in the Dark

Dating in the Dark

I am surprised that there is not a thread for this. I watched it after the MTA Monday night. I like the premise and it wan't half bad.

Dating In The Dark - About - ABC.com
    Dating in the Dark is a unique alternative series that asks the age-old question, "Is Love Blind?" Each week, three single men and three single women, all looking for love, will move into a house together, but be totally sequestered from the opposite sex. While they will have no chance of seeing each other in the light, they will have the opportunity to date in a completely dark room. Looks will be taken out of the equation as the men and women get to know each other and form bonds in total darkness. After several days of dating in the darkroom, the participants will select the one member of the opposite sex that they want to see revealed in the light. For the first time, the participants will see whom they've been dating, wooing, kissing, snuggling with and forming bonds with. And after they see each other in the light for the first time, they have to make the difficult decision...do they stay with the person they fell for in the dark, or leave them behind? Hosted by Rossi Moreale (Can You Duet?, Temptation).

Dating in the Dark is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol holding, along with Talpa Content, the format department of Dutch media entrepreneur John's de Mol's company. David Goldberg is the North America chairman of Endemol USA. The series is executive-produced by Tom Shelley and the co-executive producer is Richard Devinki.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fan

Re: Dating in the Dark

That actually sounds interesting. Of course I'll try to catch an episode haha!

I watched it! It was good. I was cracking up at the sketch artists pictures. Some of them were surprisingly close, but the Australian girl was dead wrong! That was hilarious! My husbands' coworker will be on an episode sometime, so that's why we gave it a try and we were pleasantly surprised.

I thought it would suck, but it was actually strangely compelling.

Of course the "unseen" part is that at least some of the people who "accepted" the results probably only did it long enough to drive away in the car with their partner, followed by a vague (and never fulfilled) "I'll call you!"

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Thanks for starting this thread - you beat me to it!

I watched and was pleasantly surprised. I found myself wanting to slap (was her name) Christina for leaving poor Josh standing out there watching her take off with her bags. What a bitch! I felt so sorry for him, especially after he kept worrying about whether she would like him after she saw what he looks like. I thought he was cute AND he didn't look too different from the drawing. That was definitely HER loss. She's obviously not looking for an actual relationship - she's still looking for some fairy tale, romantic fantasy like we all had at 15. Hopefully, she'll get over that or she'll never find someone.

I was worried that Allister would turn down Melody and was so happy when he didn't! He seemed to really appreciate that she GOT him and, frankly, he seems to be pretty insecure for such an attractive guy. I was glad he got over his preconceived ideas and just went for it.

I would have liked to see little updates so we could find out if any of them actually saw each other after that last day of filming. Maybe they got down to the end of the driveway, got into separate cars and took off in opposite directions!

I'll definitely keep watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

I also liked the show. It was a refreshing change from the bachelor/bachelorette that we were told the real connection or lack of connection right away. I was also disappointed in Cristina and agree updates would have been nice--I really hope Alistair and Melanie/Melody (forget her name) at least tried dating in the real world.

I hated the waiting by the door part at the end and the other not showing ... watching them load up and drive away. Hard not to internalize that rejection.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3604881;

I watched and was pleasantly surprised. I found myself wanting to slap (was her name) Christina for leaving poor Josh standing out there watching her take off with her bags. What a bitch! I felt so sorry for him, especially after he kept worrying about whether she would like him after she saw what he looks like. I thought he was cute AND he didn't look too different from the drawing. That was definitely HER loss. She's obviously not looking for an actual relationship - she's still looking for some fairy tale, romantic fantasy like we all had at 15. Hopefully, she'll get over that or she'll never find someone.

I was worried that Allister would turn down Melody and was so happy when he didn't! He seemed to really appreciate that she GOT him and, frankly, he seems to be pretty insecure for such an attractive guy. I was glad he got over his preconceived ideas and just went for it.

I would have liked to see little updates so we could find out if any of them actually saw each other after that last day of filming. Maybe they got down to the end of the driveway, got into separate cars and took off in opposite directions!

ITA with everything you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3604881;

Maybe at the end of the series, they will show us if any of these people are actually still dating. I for one think it is a pretty unique experiment and actually different than most reality dating shows. It is actually interesting to see how they interact WITHOUT seeing each other, I for one was shocked when the one girl did not decide to continue seeing the guy, she is obviously very shallow. I think that is what will be interesting about this show. It is watching the human dynamic in action...pretty darn clever if you ask me....

Episode 2 of this thing has this HILARIOUS girl who seems to speak with an Australian accent in the interview segments and bam! It's gone when she talks live on the dates.

Interesting that the REALLY gorgeous girl on this one didn't get picked because she was a bible thumper.

On the subject of "updates" with these people? I doubt the producers want to go there. As interesting as this is, as I said last episode, there HAVE to be a fairly large percentage of people who "choose" the partner just for the cameras, and pile out of the limo pretty quickly once the camera is off with a vague "I'll call you" to the other person. And never do.

Next week sounds fascinating I admit. Three ladies battling for one guy? The producers must have been CHEERING when that happened.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast