+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dating in the Dark

FORT Fogey

Re: Dating in the Dark

Deos anyone know if this show can be viewed online? And if so--what site?
    I have a friend who doesn't get this station.

Thanks for info.

I just caught the last 20 min's or so of this show last night. I didn't know it existed. Is this on every week with three different guys/gals each week?

FORT Fanatic

yes, it's on each week with new people. HOWEVER, i think last nite was the last "new" show. so, maybe you can see the others in repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3678066;
    yes, it's on each week with new people. HOWEVER, i think last nite was the last "new" show. so, maybe you can see the others in repeats.
    Ok. Thanks, I'll have to look out for it. It has me curious, that's for sure.

I felt sorry for the guy with the beard when the girl he liked said he looked old, like 40. She could have just said he wasn't her type...

I didn't think the last guy was all that. I mean he was cute but not really hot like he seemed to think he was. I'm glad he showed up to meet the blonde though at the end.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3677885;
    Deos anyone know if this show can be viewed online? And if so--what site?
    I have a friend who doesn't get this station.

Thanks for info.

abc.com has a free episode player, and you can view the entire season there.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3677841;
    Each week I watch this show and every week I am more dissapointed in the women who reject the guys based on looks! This is making us really good girls look like total bitches! I think I am done with this program!
    I've been thinking the same thing. There's always so much talk about how looks-focused men are, but these girls sure are quick to reject men based on looks. NONE of these people are unattractive - they may not be someone's type, but there aren't any ugly people on this show. It seems like it's the guys who have said "Well, she's not completely my type, but I did have a connection with her, so I'm going to go for it." The women seem to be the ones heading down the driveway.

Frankly, that light in the reveal room isn't the greatest. Imagine being in complete darkness and then having a big spotlight put on someone in front of you. How quickly would your eyes adapt and, really, how many people look fabulous in really glaring light?

I felt sorry for the guy last night - the one with the beard - because he a) did not have a gut and b) did not look "old." I don't think his outfit was doing him any favors because it covered him up too much and may have contributed to her thinking he was heavier than he is. I thought he was cute, although shaving that beard would have updated his look and taken a few years off his face.

Unless I'm mistaken, this was the season finale, so we're all done with this show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

Actually, I think the bearded guy last night looked a little bit like Gerard Butler, especially around the mouth and chin area. Of course, he wasn't as sexy or handsome as Gerard, but his looks were above average. The girl who rejected him was not all that either. I don't think he looked older than he was, and he had a very pleasant personality.

The Hispanic guy was adorable and his girl, the pretty redhead was an airhead. She didn't deserve such a great guy.

The guy who got the girl was NOT that hot. Yeah, he had pretty eyes, but he was thin and geeky looking to me and that hair - yuck. I thought the girl was actually much more attractive than he was. Glad he saw the light - she was my favorite of their women. Of all of them, she had her act together the most and was the most mature.

I discovered this show in the last few weeks of Jillian's Bachelorette season. I didn't follow it much until the other day...watched one ep (that I had seen) then taped the "finale" to watch later.

I have to agree with the two women who did not meet the men out on the patio. They were not feeling a connection, so why lead the other person on? They both felt bad and took responsibility for hurting the other person but I believe they made the right decision for themselves.

I hope they have a follow-up show at some point, like if any of the couples are dating in the real world and are still together. I don't know that they reveal where everyone is from, either. How would two people continue to date if they live on opposite coasts? Or is the point that they go out on one date after meeting on the balcony? All in all, I like the concept and will watch again if they decide to continue this show.

FORT Fanatic

i didn't watch the last show, but have noticed that generally speaking, the men are too physically agressive and pushing for some physical connection, way too soon. this might be a reason the women leave and don't want to pursue a relationship with them.

i know i might be polite at the time [and don't want to come across as a b*tch or NO fun on national tv], but it would turn me off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast