+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dating in the Dark

Re: Dating in the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3660299;
    At least in this week's episode everyone was paired up, unlike last week when Chris ruled the roost, but struck out in the end.

I'm glad that at least one of the couples actually drove off together, but suprised that the aeronautical engineer & his choice didn't at least try real life dating....but I guess she really was put off by his forward advances.
    My first real scoop on here--yay! Anyways, the aeronautical engineer-jeff--works with my husband and he told him a bit about the show. First off, they had no food in the house but alcohol (he said they were starving teh whole time) and so they were always drinking. He also said that he's still in contact with the girl that was his match and the reason she didn't meet him was not because of his forwardness, but because she had a boyfriend when she went on the show. Apparently, that's over now and they are thinking of trying to date in real life. We've been out of town, so my husband hasnt' talked to him since the show aired, but he's going to today, so we'll see if he said anything else. This is what he told my dh before the show aired.

Ohh how cool, I was surprised when Shannon didn't pick Jeff. She seemed to like him

Guess she really wanted to break up with her boyfriend if she went on that show...crazy!!!

NIce to know they might give it a try. thanks for the scoop!

I hope they do an update show at the end of the season and show which couples gave it a real go after the show.

Oh and please come back and tell us what Jeff says to your husband!!!

Thanks for the scoop. It's weird that they don't have food there when they're in there for several days.

I too was surprised that Shannon didn't pick Jeff. I guess she had to follow her heart. I was so glad when the pretty blonde girl chose the cute guitar player. They looked happy!

As for last night, again I was glad when the pretty brunette chose the tall blonde guy. I think they're a good match.

I'm not sure what kind of commitment they need to make to chose each other. If it's only for dinner, then why are some people reluctant to try that?

Seems like most times, the girl doesn't chose the guy. I wonder if they have so much self-confidence that they know they can do better? My sister suggested to me that maybe they don't have self-confidence and don't want to look like a fool on the balcony if the guy doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3666921;
    I'm not sure what kind of commitment they need to make to chose each other. If it's only for dinner, then why are some people reluctant to try that?
    That's the weakness in this otherwise very good show. We don't know what's ACTUALLY at stake.

The girl who we saw not even willing to go to the darkroom for the reveal is the first one who's spoken about "not wanting to lead someone on". I have to conclude that to an extent maybe that same logic holds true for a lot of the people who wind up walking out the front door at the end. If all that's really at stake is one date (and as we've heard from tamelaine it seems like they probably can still find each other after the fact ANYWAY, either way), then yeah... I have to think that "not leading someone on" has to be the #1 reason for that kind of ending. Women (the majority of the walk-ees), as a whole, I believe, think far more in those terms, so that part matches up too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

I actually enjoy the show, for the most part. I'm always entertained until the end. Then I get very sad by how shallow some people are after the reveal. I hate that some of them can go from so attracted to someones personality to not wanting to even try to go out on a real date. Shallow people suck!

I watched for the first time this week and found it surprisingly not so bad

The girl who left this week - Tanya. I kind of got the feeling she left for one of two reasons. 1. So that she wouldn't get rejected or 2. I think that she was concerned about the condoms but then he seemed so great but once the reveal she realized he probably was a player.

When I saw the previews for this show, I pretty much said No Thanks! But then I watched a few episodes online earlier and I found it pretty intriguing. Actually, I think it's one of the better reality shows out there. Hope they do a repeat season.

I also found it interesting that it was usually the girl leaving and the guy waiting on the balcony. Jaded cynic that I am, I just figured the guy was trying to secure a relationship so he could ensure a booty call!!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fan

I agree with the previous posts. I thought they were going to cast bimbos and himbos and go for a "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" effect. Instead they cast thoughtful people who discussed what relationships were about. I'm surprised that the participants are plied with alcohol instead of food, because that would indicate that they're hoping everybody strips down to their underwear and alternates making out with catfights. If the show does become that, I'm outa there.

I've begun to notice a pattern. Lets see if it holds up at the end of this episode.

A disproportionate percentage of the guys who get rejected are the ones who don't bother to TUCK THEIR SHIRTS IN for the reveal.

That seems (rightfully) to communicate a big negative to the ladies.

LATER -- Testing the theory:

1.) Bearded schmuck in the sweater who didn't tuck his shirt in: Rejected.
    2.) Jose can you see how short he is (and that he also didn't tuck his shirt in--although he was much neater than Bearded schmuck): Rejected.
    3.) "The token good looking guy": Was shown coming out second, not first like the other guys. And his shirt was too short/tight to really tuck in, so it doesn't really qualify.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-24-2009 at 11:02 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Each week I watch this show and every week I am more dissapointed in the women who reject the guys based on looks! This is making us really good girls look like total bitches! I think I am done with this program!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast