+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dating in the Dark

Re: Dating in the Dark

The abc station that was showing the show tonight, froze during the first reveal segment, so we didn't find out if the first couple (the blond Australian-accent and the preppy guy) went out to the limo. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatweletin;3620110;
    The abc station that was showing the show tonight, froze during the first reveal segment, so we didn't find out if the first couple (the blond Australian-accent and the preppy guy) went out to the limo. Do you know?
    They did. The only couple that did not agree to continue was the "bible thumper" and the guy that was her "match". He decided that he was not interested in religion like she was so he didn't want to continue on with her.

The FIRST episode, where the one girl decided to leave instead of dating the "nerdy" guy, when she walked out of the house with her suitcase I said to the TV "You aren't all that yourself chick!" To bad she is so hung up on looks, esp when she isn't drop dead herself.

It wasn't an Australian accent - she's from Boston! Did you hear her say "Cah"?

I think it would have been a nice touch if the one guy who left could have written her a note explaining himself. He obviously liked her a lot, but was thinking ahead about compatibility.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

As sad as it was, I thought the guy who walked away made a good decision this time..its sad they can't explain themselves, because its horrible to just see them walk away, but he did it based on compatibility toward religion, and that's important..the first episode I was mad at the girl who walked away..first of all I didn't think the guy was so bad looking..and second of all, they made such a strong connection in the dark it was sad to see looks make that big of a difference..I'm glad the guy came out for the girl who was a little thicker..I thought he would be the one to walk away, I was impressed..

When the pitcher coach guy said the blond Boston girl didn't have clear clear skin, I don't know how he got that good a look at her, I didn't notice until she was on the balcony and they did a close up of her face
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FoRT Fan

Couldn't watch after The Bachelor finished up. Will try next week.

I watched for the 1st time last night. I wasn't really all that impressed with the show, but it's not bad if you want to watch TV & nothing else is on.

For some reason I found the endings strangely satisfying. The idea of meeting/not meeting on the balcony & possibly leaving one of the daters standing there alone & rejected is oddly appropriate, especially after watching the gropefests & makeout fests with total strangers. For people going on a reality show it fits perfect. You signed up for it & you got it!!

I also liked the No Follow Up. Just end it with the yes or no thing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Immediate problem with this episode: arguably all 6 people this time are fairly attractive (the Air Force chick has a slightly weird face, but a great body).

Question: Why do women on dating shows ALWAYS go for the Personal Trainers? Isn't that following right back into the "shallow" pool, even if you can't SEE the guy?
    Last edited by Krom; 08-03-2009 at 10:09 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member

Haha all the girls want one guy, the other two guys are left in the "dark" alone.

Well, Chris, who's it going to be???

This was a poetic justice show for me tonight. Poor Chris, 3 women wanting him at first to all 3 walking out the door without wanting to date him in the "real world". Perhaps Chris should have gone with his personality match instead of his attractive match. I felt bad for the other two guys. It irritated me that Chris was as superficial as he turned out to be. Even though Megan and Sasha were both a little bit bigger than Jen, I thought that they both had wonderful personalities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast