+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Belles: Louisville

FORT Newbie

Southern Belles: Louisville

This is Soap nets #1 show. I've read many forums on this show and thought this is the best place to discuss everything about Southern Belles: Louisville

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Southern Belles: Louisville

LOVE the show!!! I have so enjoyed getting to "know" these girls and I want to know more about them, and what decisions they make, and what happens to them. I am so sorry that it's about to end. I hope that SoapNet will bring this back for a Season 2!!!

I don't get why they call it SOUTHERN Belles, Louisville is more midwest than south.

Shea just looks better and better in her post show appearances. I would say as much as she wanted the ring on her finger,not being with her fiancee has been good for her. Now that local rumor is that he is with the judge that Hadley capaigned for I would like to see a follow up.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I found it interesting that Julie thought that she was ready for motherhood because she babysat 4 children for a couple of hours. I think her dad knows her better than she does!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kentucky is considered the "gateway" to the south. It is most definitely considered Southern. I grew up there, we considered ourselves Southern. During "THE War" Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland all were considered border states to the Confederacy. Jefferson Davis, president to the Confederacy was born in Kentucky as was Abraham Lincoln. There were plenty of Unionists though in Kentucky as in all the Southern states but traditions were definitely Southern. History of this era is very interesting. Hopkinsville used to be a very rich area before the war and Kentucky was prosperous before the war but it did not fare well after the war as most of the southern states suffered greatly during reconstruction due to punishing taxes and understandable sentiments imposed by the North. A sad time in our history. I was amused when Shea's relative said that she was marrying a Yankee, lol. Some here still do not much care for Yankees. But now it's more in teasing than real feeling. When there were few states in the USA, all states west of Virginia and South Carolina were considered west since the coastal states were as far east as you could go.

I just watched the finale and am happy with the way things turned out for all. I am deeply sorry for Shea losing her mother,though. But her engagement to that guy was NEVER going to work. He was so unhappy and she was just too strong for him. He would grow to resent her which is what I suspect happened and their would be marriage would be based on this constant battle of the wills and he was right to say that she would run over him if he didn't check her once in awhile. Shea is a grand lady and needs someone who will not resent her for her strong, over reaching personality and someone she cannot push around and would find humor in their battle of the wills. She is wounded from her parents divorce from youth and needs a strong man to help her have a sense of stability and security so she can relax that hard exterior. She looks like she lost a lot of weight since the breakup. I wish them all the best and hope good things happen to them all. P.S. Hadley so did the right thing dumping sawed off egotistical dude.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3606639;
    I just watched the finale and am happy with the way things turned out for all. I am deeply sorry for Shea losing her mother,though. But her engagement to that guy was NEVER going to work. He was so unhappy and she was just too strong for him. He would grow to resent her which is what I suspect happened and their would be marriage would be based on this constant battle of the wills and he was right to say that she would run over him if he didn't check her once in awhile. Shea is a grand lady and needs someone who will not resent her for her strong, over reaching personality and someone she cannot push around and would find humor in their battle of the wills. She is wounded from her parents divorce from youth and needs a strong man to help her have a sense of stability and security so she can relax that hard exterior. She looks like she lost a lot of weight since the breakup. I wish them all the best and hope good things happen to them all. P.S. Hadley so did the right thing dumping sawed off egotistical dude.
    YES! In regard to both Shea and Hadley, you said exactly what I was thinking!

And Kelly did the right thing in remaining true to herself - by not moving to Chicago to pursue a relationship with someone who was not willing to commit to something that she wanted so desperately. (Apparently, they continued the relationship anyway, in spite of her choosing to remain in Kentucky -- which was fine), -- and happily, he changed his mind and decided to consider having a family with her. So, it seems to have worked out well for Kelly, but most importantly, it's so much better this way, then for her to have gone to Chicago hoping to wear him down to eventually agreeing to have a baby with her.

I would love to see Julie find someone --- She is so incredibly beautiful, and seeming such a lovely woman -- it's hard to believe she wouldn't have oodles of men dying to have a relationship with her! I hope her young model boyfriend works out, but chances are it won't. I guess time will tell -- and she said, so many times, that in regard to being ready to have a family, she's not getting any younger. . .

One of my friends told me this was a reality show that chronicled women who are supportive of each other and I DVR'd it when they had a marathon a few weeks ago. I just watched the finale even though I haven't watched all the earlier shows I have on DVR yet and I do love how these women are such truly good friends to each other. This is like the polar opposite of those Housewives shows, imo, where the women seem so catty toward each other 24/7. I hope SoapNet brings this back for a second season and would love to see more shows like this portraying women who genuinely care about and support each other.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I had wondered maybe if this was another reality show where the women are portrayed as friends but were really introduced prior to taping and can't stand each other-but all of the tears in the clip discussing Shea and her fiancee convinced me these women really like each other:

Shea's Interview | SOAPnet

I too would like to see a second season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast