+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Social

FORT Fan

Miami Social

I found this show to be very difficult to watch. I'd prefer to see a Housewives series in Miami rather than this crap. What makes this "circle of friends" so interesting? Someone please answer the question because I couldn't figure it out. It was just a few people with some money. Who cares? I prefer housewives.

I will add that I live on South Beach and walking distance from Gansevoort. I thought I could watch the show and relate to these people but that's obviously not the case here.

Re: Miami Social

havent watched anything other than the promos over the last month or so

but i'm guessing some producers decided that the public was jonesing to see Hardy or Katrina Campins again and other recycled reality show contestants

i never liked Katrina btw, never understood why people thought she was pretty or relevent .. maybe it was just her who had that overinflated sense of self importance

I haven't watched this yet, but I'll give it a chance. Hardy from BB2 eh? He was an OK player, but I wish they'd fly out "The Puppet Master" instead! That guy is hilarious, and as a plastic surgeon, he'd fit right in on this show.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

I got a quarter way through before I turned the channel. The constant and gratuitous T&A shots on the beach, combined with the vapid conversation, made me long for the intellectual depth of Laguna Beach.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think this show will be fun! It reminds me, sort of, of an older Bravo reality series called Miami Slice, that followed a number of plastic surgeons and their families and hot babes/guys. I loved that show, and am hoping that this one will grow on me too. It was a little hard to get into, but by the end of the first episode, I could see that I'm gonna like it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show is all about the characters' senses of self-importance. I was struck by all of the cigarette smoking. If you're so worried about looking good, why would you do that to your skin, teeth, and breath....and then scream for botox. They all need to keep a tin of Altoids on regular standby. I don't care how good you may look, when you open your mouth to speak and your breath starts singeing the lashes, brows, and nasal hairs of the people you're talking to....that is not a good thing. :nono

And that girl who told her boyfriend that she was going to NY, but went to St. Bart's instead....she totally played him. And we'll see what happens with "friendly" divorces. I've never believed that that was a reality, no matter how much you think it will be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3581674;
    I got a quarter way through before I turned the channel. The constant and gratuitous T&A shots on the beach, combined with the vapid conversation, made me long for the intellectual depth of Laguna Beach.

That is the funniest snark I have read in quite a while!!!!

I just couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes of this one

FORT Newbie

I hope the mom who sent her pre-teen daughter to boarding school in Switzerland has family on that side of the globe. I assumed Swiss boarding schools were for the super rich, or people who had money for a private jet to fly them or their children back in case of emergency....

I never realized what a big nose Hardy has. The years are also creeping up on him, facially.

And is it me, or is George letting his girlfriend slap him around like a little 'witch'?? I wish he'd man up.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not convinced that George's whack-job girlfriend was ever pregnant. Heck, I'm starting to think that he's about half crazy, too.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-04-2009 at 11:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast