+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: My Antonio

Re: My Antonio

Haven't watched this ep yet but I'd already read a spoiler elsewhere. This is a show I never thought to watch until I caught (or TiVo did) a snippet of it by accident. I think the quality of this show is better because there is an actual, working actor at the center of it. I don't have any interest in rock groupies swapping cooties, and I don't have any interest in fake engagement shows. This plays out like a tongue in cheek melodrama.

To me, the real star is "mama." I love the giant Fellini-esque hat off her.

FORT sun

I think the only thing I'm missing are the romantic location dates. But it has had hernias, mommy issues, smoking issues, group sex issues, etc.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3731176;
    Thanks trisha22 . Boy I am sure she wasn't too happy about it either.
    Tully was very, very dramatic to the point of ridiculous in her wedding dress drifting off to sea....not too mad, just sad as heck....that's if she wasn't trying out for an acting career....

He will pick Brooke.....I am almost certain.....wonder if they are still dating or not, though?

I think he'll pick Brooke, but I can't see it lasting. She already ssems to have "issues" and does already seem like a harpy wife type. Her eye rolling is also incredibly immature, and I just don't care for her that much.

Miranda is a sweetie, but I don't think he feels any deep passion for her. I doubt any woman would work out with Mommie Dearest still tied to Antonio.

I wasn't surprised to see Tully go. As Tony said, "I'm not that boy anymore", which is true. I don't think a second chance would have fixed anything that was already wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3731330;
    I think he'll pick Brooke, but I can't see it lasting. She already ssems to have "issues" and does already seem like a harpy wife type. Her eye rolling is also incredibly immature, and I just don't care for her that much.

Miranda is a sweetie, but I don't think he feels any deep passion for her. I doubt any woman would work out with Mommie Dearest still tied to Antonio.

I wasn't surprised to see Tully go. As Tony said, "I'm not that boy anymore", which is true. I don't think a second chance would have fixed anything that was already wrong.
    I think that is exactly why Tully is gone. Tully represents his PAST, they will always have a part of each other's heart, however she is the past and he obviously isn't looking to go back there. With the remaining two, I think he finds Miranda absolutely sexy, but she is so eager to "jump" through whatever hoops he puts in front of her that there is no "drama" factor and Antonio seems to like a bit of drama (for crying out loud---look at his mother!)

Brooke will be his choice, but I don't see it lasting more than the required 15 minutes. I don't see her being able to tolerate Antonio's lifestyle, Brooke seems to like things orderly,controlled and under HER guidance. Although she appears as mature and independant, her constant eye rolling and smirking is certainly a sign of immaturity.

After all is said and done..he will pick Brooke they will date..break-up...and he will be calling Tully!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I was surprised that Tully was given the boot because I figured if he kept her that long, she was making it to the final 2. She should have been sent on her way long ago, but supposedly he had to work it all out in his mind. I still wonder how much of that was scripted.

It cracked me up when Tully said they were so perfect together 18 years ago. If that's true, then why did they divorce?

Being a Bachelor fan, I keep trying to figure things out based on the edit. However, this isn’t done by the same people who create The Bachelor, and they aren’t copying the editing style. If this was The Bachelor, I’d be predicting that Brooke is the last one standing, based on the previews. It does not look positive for Brooke next week. With The Bachelor, the final person is usually the one who looks like they’re going down in flames. In this show, there have been more than one occasion when I thought the person who appeared to be losing Antonio’s favor would be sticking around because they were trying to fool us. However, it was what it appeared to be. Such as with Tully. It looked like Antonio was trying to break away from her, and he really was. So maybe Miranda will be the one he chooses. Personally, I think she’s more suited for him. Brooke deserves somebody better, with a more normal lifestyle, IMO.

One last note - I do not get it why these dating show contestants feel comfortable coming back from a date all aglow and telling their competitors how great their date was and how they're falling in love. They might not be able to control their facial expressions, but just say it was fun and it went well!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3731362;
    I was surprised that Tully was given the boot because I figured if he kept her that long, she was making it to the final 2. She should have been sent on her way long ago, but supposedly he had to work it all out in his mind. I still wonder how much of that was scripted.

It cracked me up when Tully said they were so perfect together 18 years ago. If that's true, then why did they divorce?

Being a Bachelor fan, I keep trying to figure things out based on the edit. However, this isn’t done by the same people who create The Bachelor, and they aren’t copying the editing style. If this was The Bachelor, I’d be predicting that Brooke is the last one standing, based on the previews. It does not look positive for Brooke next week. With The Bachelor, the final person is usually the one who looks like they’re going down in flames. In this show, there have been more than one occasion when I thought the person who appeared to be losing Antonio’s favor would be sticking around because they were trying to fool us. However, it was what it appeared to be. Such as with Tully. It looked like Antonio was trying to break away from her, and he really was. So maybe Miranda will be the one he chooses. Personally, I think she’s more suited for him. Brooke deserves somebody better, with a more normal lifestyle, IMO.

One last note - I do not get it why these dating show contestants feel comfortable coming back from a date all aglow and telling their competitors how great their date was and how they're falling in love. They might not be able to control their facial expressions, but just say it was fun and it went well!
    You are sooo right that this is not scripted/edited like the bachelor/ette..I guess that is why I keep waiting for the shoe to drop--instead of looking at this as "it is what it is"...I still don't see either one of these woman as a match for Antonio, I think Antonio 2 will feature "mama" picking the girls!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3731377;
    ....I think Antonio 2 will feature "mama" picking the girls!
    It's probably already in production.

FORT Fanatic

Just a question....I haven't watched every episode, but he has some children, I think? If so, will Miranda be "mother" material? and wouldn't you think that would be a consideration for him? just wondering....

Bachelor Junkie

Antonio is MINE!!!! That's why none of these other girls have him....I've loved him since I was 15.....and I'm 37. I loved him before anyone even knew who he was! I love him!

Just kidding....all of the above is true except the part about me actually loving him (I don't even know him) and the part about him being mine....but hey, a girl can dream, eh?

I wish he would have given Tully another chance. Mamma needs to back off and let her little boy love who he loves. He and Tully have both grown up over the years. They are both different people, but they both still love each other and might find a deeper, more meaningful love and respect for each other as adults with the love they had in the past as a strong foundation. I just wish it had worked out for them.

Miranda is too girly girly for him and her laugh is HORRIBLE. That would get old fast. She doesn't like excercise at all and that will get old quick with him. Brooke is beautiful, fun and spirited. But I feel she is protecting her heart a bit...until she knows he is with her and only her, she should protect her heart a bit...nothing wrong with that. Be strong, he will respect her for it if she can verbalize why she is doing it. JMHO.

Looking forward to the new Bachelor and all the craziness that goes along with it! Until then....

STAY AWAY FROM MY ANTONIO YOU CRAZY's!!!!!!
    If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got!

+ Reply to Thread