+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

This is an interesting combination of Dancing With The Stars and Biggest Loser. 12 contestents were chosen, 8 women and 4 men. The premise is that the contestents have to of course dance before an audience every week. Their scores are based on an average from a panel of 3 judges plus the weight they have lost that week. So if your dancing sucks that weeks a good weight lose can save you and vice versa. The contestents have a nutritionist, who prepares an individual food plan, a personal trainer and of course a dance coach. They can practice up to 2 hours a day with their dance partners. The rest is up to them. I can already tell those who are embracing the entire process and those who are doing the dance but not the food.

Anyone else watching?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

I caught the preview show a couple of weeks ago and thought it might be interesting.

I think I may have worked with Ruben in Denver in 1987-88 when he was young and thin. Of course, we were all young and thin then!

What I find interesting about this show is that you can tell who is embracing all the changes and who is not. Brandon is not. I do wonder if he is sneaking doughtnuts at night. I really think he thinks that if he does the cardio and personal training and the dance training that will help him lose the weight. He is not embracing the food. Doing the food correctly contributes to 80% of successful weight loss. Exercise helps but is not the be all end all of weight loss. After all it is calories in and calories out. Especially after this week's confessionals you just knew Brandon, Warren and Pinky all were having trouble with their nutrition. I sincerely hope Warren continues to work on his food issues now that he has been sent home. It does take anywhere from 15 to 21 days to detox from the taste of sugar and yes even longer not to crave it.

I really did try to watch this one. I was actually looking forward to it, in spite of the fact that Melissa Jaret Winoker makes me want to hit something hard with my head. I just can't sit through it. Not only am I finding several of the contestants pretty unlikable, I think the "pros" are pretty bad. The choreography and the costuming is horrid.

I watched some of the second episode and decided that's it for me. I couldn't help but cringe every time the put the camera on pathetic Alicia and her crying grimace as she waited to find out if she was eliminated.

Frankly, I think the production value on this show is nil. There are so many contestants at this point and, because the show is only an hour, they rush through things like they're on speed. I don't feel like I know who any of these people are and I don't really care to find out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the premise and I tried to watch it, but Marissa just drives me crazy. I just want to smash my TV when she comes on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

For some odd reason this show was on USA channel Saturday night at midnight or 1:00 AM. Are the repeat airings going to be shown on USA channel each week, does anyone know?

I don't get Oxygen channel, so it was nice to be able to catch at least 1 episode of the show to see what it was like. The dance pros sure are quite a few rungs down talent wise from the dance pros on DWTS. I have no idea who any of the contestants are, but that one girl that went crazy and was screaming into the pillow and throwing food around was pretty bizarre.

Aha! No wonder Brandon is having problems getting the weight off, he isn't doing his second workout. I knew it. I just knew he wasn't doing the entire program. Don't you just love it when a contestent gives you the puppy eyes and says I don't know why I am not losing the weight, I am doing everything I am supposed to and them later you find out that they either were not doing the food or workouts or both. Is he really that dense. Brandon is seriously annoying me with his woe is me attitude. Do the work, don't cheat, see results. I just wish I could kick his behind.

Finally was able to watch the entire third episode. I am glad Miles finally kicked himself in the butt about actually following his diet to the letter. I really do wonder about the other contestents. Pinky for instance is either having a really hard time losing weight or not following the food program that well, thinking the exercise will help her lost it. Miles says he is supposed to eat around 1500 calories a day. I assume the women eat less. In addition to that he is doing 45 minutes of cardio, then working with a trainer for an hour and then doing 2 hours of dance practice he should be losing the 4 plus pounds a week. That is why I am thinking that many of the females are not following the diet that well. If you are eating normally 2 to 3,000 calories to maintain a 250 lbs body when you are restriced to 1200 calories and putting in 4 hours of exercise a day you will be dropping weight. Since so many of the constestents are only droppin 2lbs or less I say that the cheat closet is getting a lot of visitors. Still it was nice see that both Brandon and Miles admitted to not following the diet part of the program that well.

I must say that Shayla, the first contestent up had the best dance routine. I was impressed. Mara was also impressive as was Pinky. I must admit Rueben and Miles were alot of fun as well.

This show makes me sad. I am overweight and I kinda feel like this show is making fun of these people. Have any of the 5 or six people following this show noticed how thin the audience is compared to the contestants on the show? Sometimes they pan out and show some of them, and they have this look on their face. Also the first female judge rubs me the wrong way. The blonde girl who got kicked off of the pole dancing episode did really well I thought, She actually used the pole most of time and they poo pooed almost everyone else for not using it enough, and yet she gets the lowest dance scores. Strange. I erased it from my tivo to do list and I won't be watching it again. It seems the judges defiantely have their favorites and are very biased.

Who is John Galt?

Males have a much easier time losing weight and do it faster than women, even if they are following the same rules and not cheating. This is also the case on the Biggest Loser. Because men just naturally have more muscle mass, their bodies react faster to exercise because their metabolism is faster. They try to make up for the difference by calculating percentage of weight loss, but it really doesn't help the gals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast