+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

July 19, 2010 - Ballroom

Wow, who knew that Corey and Michael could dance. Obviously, ballroom dance agrees with both of these contestants. After watching them for several weeks I was positive that either one would be eliminated this week. Unfortunately, ballroom is not done every week so their fortunes may not fare so well next week.

Ah, poor Erica she was eliminated. I must admit her face is glowing and showing the results of healthy eating. I hope her husband is OK, but I wonder why he would dump the news he did while she was in the middle of a competition that could help both her and her family both healthwise and financially. Seems a bit like sabotage to me and perphaps a way of controlling his wife. He might be afraid of losing her now that she is taking control of her life instead of devoting 100% to her husband and kids.

I like that they showed before and after photos you can really see the weight loss. Very impressive that Adamme lost 10 inches from his waist going from 50" to 40". Adamme was also the first contestant to have lost over 50lbs, 52.1 lbs to be exact. Michael and Corey should also have lost over 50lbs by next week.

I do think Latoya is a bit arrogant as she is knows she is a good dancer and I think she depends on her dance skills a bit too much. That is why Adamme and Briana were such forces as they could dance and lose weight.

Katie did manage to save herself because she only received a 6 for her dance score but lost 6 lbs this week. Stephanie also managed to save herself by having a 8.3 dance score but only losing 1.7 lbs.

Pounds Lost:
    Men:
    Adamme - 52.1
    Corey - 49.0
    Michael - 49.7

Women:
    Erica - 28.9
    Katie - 31.6
    Latoya - 29.3
    Stephanie - 32.2
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-20-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was wondering though about the timeline of the show. There have been 7 episodes, yet when Erica got the letter from her husband he mentioned that she had been away from home for 2.5 months, that's 10 weeks. Yet on the show they show that each episode is about 1 week. I figure 1 week for the final audition and then another week for testing by the medical personnel, so by my count that is 8 or 9 weeks.

July 26, 2010 - Prom Week

The start of this episode was a bit confusing because the preview from last week indicated the contestants would be in Las Vegas this week. I did check and there will be 13 episodes this season vs 10 from season 1. So there will be a reunion and a 6 month update hopefully. Anyway one of the most interesting aspects of this type of show is the personal dynamics of the people involved. There seems to be a really big disconnect between Latoya and the rest of the contestants. This has been mentioned before by Latoya and by the others. I do wonder what is going on. I did like that Adamme set some boundaries with Latoya with being rude or crude. Honestly, I would really get pissed off if I was constantly followed and monitored by Latoya. Interesting to note that if it came from a place of love Adamme wouldn't mind so much. Still it does seem that Latoya is pushing the others away and they are reacting to that and then she gets upset over it. I do think Adamme has a great mind set for this competition and he is focusing on both the dance and weight loss aspect of this show. That is why it is working for him.

I was not surprised to see Katie go but was hoping that either Michael of Corey would go before her. I think Michael and Corey need to adjust their mindsets. Corey especially as he seems to focus on the weight loss aspect more and he knows he is not that good a dancer. Now that Michael has lost over 50lbs he is moving better and surprisingly I thought he did quite well during his routine. He is moving his entire torso and hips but better then he used to. This where I think Corey has failed to improve. I did think that Latoya went overboard with all the posturing on the judges table.

Nice to see Joey Fatone as the guest judge and I was surprised how much he knew about the techical side of dancing, too bad it looks as if he regained all the weight he lost when he was on Dancing With The Stars.

Pounds lost:
    Men:
    Adamme - 61.6 lbs
    Corey - 54.7 lbs
    Michael - 53.7 lbs

Women:
    Latoya - 35.5 lbs
    Stephanie - 36.7 lbs
    Katie - 34.8 lbs

Katie was eliminated.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-27-2010 at 10:17 AM.

August 2, 2010 - Las Vegas Trip - What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas except calories.

Exactly how long was the crew in Vegas?

The crew met with Reuben, the season 1 winner. He is in charge of the wardrobe for the Cirque du Soliel - Elvis show. Looks as if he has gained a bit of the weight back. Reuben introduces them to the show's dance captain and they practice some of the dance routines from the show.

Wow, it was a surprise that Stephanie went home. She only needed to lose 1/2lb and she would have beat Corey and stayed for the final four. Adamme, Latoya and Stephanie all are better dancers than Michael and Corey. Michael is improving and now that he has lost over 50lbs he is really getting his entire torso involved. Corey on the other hand does not seem to understand that he has a pelvis and that it is attached to his arms and legs. In fact I thought Corey does a great job dancing as long as it only involves his head, neck, shoulders and arms. I am also very tired of Corey saying he has a weight goal of 11lbs this week, when he has never hit the double digits except for the first weight in. In fact I expect bigger weight loss numbers from both him and Michael but I never see them. Both Adamme and Latoya have hit on the correct combination of cardio, strength training and eating that works for them. At this point either Latoya or Adamme will win or come in second unless something terrible goes wrong.

pounds lost:

men:
    Adamme - 69.3 lbs
    Corey - 62.8 lbs
    Michael - 59.9 lbs

women:
    Latoya - 41.7 lbs
    Stephanie - 35.7 lbs
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-03-2010 at 09:41 AM.

In Strickly Ballroom the dance styles were:

Adamme - paso doble
    Stephanie - jive
    Katie - waltz
    Erica - tango
    Corey - foxtrot
    Michael - Viennese waltz
    Latoya - tango

During Prom Week each dancer had to incorporate a a jump sequence and a trick.

Tricks:
    Latoya - front walkover
    Stephanie - hitch kick
    Katie - triple pirouette
    Adamme - Russian leap
    Michael - axel turn
    Corey - barrel turn

The Las Vegas episode dance style is Burlesque and that each dancer had to use a prop.

Adamme - nightstick
    Michael - blindfold and chair
    Stephanie - couch
    Latoya - boa
    Corey - hat

I must admit Adamme did a really good job as a stripper police officer. I believed it. Michael was also believable, Corey was flat, Stephanie more happy then strippu and Latoya was classic.

In Strickly Ballroom the dance styles were:

Adamme - paso doble
    Stephanie - jive
    Katie - waltz
    Erica - tango
    Corey - foxtrot
    Michael - Viennese waltz
    Latoya - tango

During Prom Week each dancer had to incorporate a a jump sequence and a trick.

Tricks:
    Latoya - front walkover
    Stephanie - hitch kick
    Katie - triple pirouette
    Adamme - Russian leap
    Michael - axel turn
    Corey - barrel turn

The Las Vegas episode dance style is Burlesque and that each dancer had to use a prop.

Adamme - nightstick
    Michael - blindfold and chair
    Stephanie - couch
    Latoya - boa
    Corey - hat

I must admit Adamme did a really good job as a stripper police officer. I believed it. Michael was also believable, Corey was flat, Stephanie more happy then strippu and Latoya was classic.

I'm not a big fan of product placement, it's totally over done on Biggest Loser. On Dance Your Ass Off the one product placement they do is for Lanacane Anti Chafing Gel. I have only seen two blatant product placements for the gel on the show. I did go out and buy some and I have been very pleasantly surprised; it works. I use it under my bosom and considering the horrid humidity we have been having the gel, which basically dissappears into the skin, really does prevent that awful redness from chafing. Nice to find something that does work, in fact works better than advertised.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-06-2010 at 09:17 AM.

8/8/2010

Corey was eliminated. I always find his confessions amusing. He is so over confident in judging his dance ability and his weight loss ability.

Since there are only 4 contestants left each contestant will be dancing twice. The first time with their partners and the second time they will be dancing solo performances. The two dance scores will be added together and then the percentage of weight loss will be added to that score for the final overall score.

Both Latoya and Adamme received 10's from the judges. I think it is painfully obvious that the two best dancers are Adamme and Latoya and Michael and Corey are not. Especially Corey. It is almost painful to watch Corey dance as he just does not have the skill set to command the entire stage to himself for the 1:30 or so they are dancing their solos.

The competition between Adamme and Latoya is extremely tight. She recieved and overall dance score of 19.0 and he recieved and overall dance score of 18.3. She lost 2.9% of her body weight this episode and he lost 2.8% of his body weight. Latoya's overscore was 21.9 and Adamme's was 21.1. Close in deed.

Pounds Lost:
    Men:
    Adamme - 75.9 lbs
    Corey - 68.9 lbs
    Michael - 69.5 lbs

Women:
    Latoya - 46.8 lbs

Of their original body weight the contestants have lost:
    Men:
    Adamme - 25.14%
    Corey - 21.14%
    Michael - 24.3%

Women:
    Latoya - 21.5%

Dance Styles dance one:
    Adamme - salsa
    Corey - pop jazz
    Michael - jazz funk
    Latoya - cha cha

Dance two: all must dance a jazz solo choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance season 2 alum, Travis Wall, who is also the guest judge.

+ Reply to Thread