+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Tonight the dancers worked with their professional dance partners. I cannot believe how good some of the contestants are. Latoya and Erica were brilliant. Amazing how a large woman can float through the air. Sarah also did a great job and Briana can win anything on attitude alone. Adamme was simply Adamme.

Meredith went home.

I did laugh a bit at Latoya who after losing 9.8lbs last week planned to lose 10lbs this week. Obviously she has never watched The Biggest Loser because the second week is notorious for having not losing as much. In fact she lost 0.9lbs. I must admit I laughed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

June 28, 2010 - Latin Night

Drama galore in this episode. I liked that the contestants had to partner up and share whatever dance score they recieved. I liked Latoya and Katie together thought they were very elegant. I didn't realize that the cha cha was not supposed to be elegant and lady like it is supposed to be raunchy. I thought they looked great but again I am not a judge. Adamme and Briana were amazing.

I liked this challenge, that the dancers were going to dance as a quartet and they would receive one dance score. They basically would have to save themselves by their weight loss. I like how they are keeping the contestants off balance by one time making them partners but it was a contest and this time they had to work together.

I liked the Ass-a-thon were the winner got an extra point toward their final score. While Katie was safe with an overall score of 10.9 that 1 extra point gave her the winning score of 11.9 and immunity next week.

It was scary to see Adamme have to go to the hospital because he was severely anemic due to bleeding from his stomach. I am assuming he has an ulcer. Out of 5 dance rehearsals he had only been able to attend the first one. It was really sweet the way his professional dance partner visited him in the hospital and they went through the routine together with Adamme lying in his hospital bed.

One of the best things I heard the judges say was Danny Teeson saying that the judges were concerned about Briana's overall body shape (round) and would they be able to see and would she be able to do isolations. Well, you could definitely see her hips move during the salsa.

As for the Ass-a-thon drama where Michael, Erica and Corey all saw Latoya miss a step not once but twice and since their were only two contestants left, Latoya and Katie, why did the judge not call her on it. Certainly caused tension in the house that carried over to the next day. It seems that there is already a bit of tension between Latoya and some of her housemates and that this incident only increased it.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-29-2010 at 11:53 PM.

After 3 weeks of competition I thought I would post some stats from the 10 that participated in the Latin Dance.

Pounds Lost:

Adamme - 22.6
    Briana - 25.8
    Corey - 31.8
    Erica - 21.2
    Katie - 19.6
    Kiki - 17.6
    Latoya - 19.1
    Michael - 31.5
    Stephanie - 25.1
    Sarah - 16.5

I do expect Adamme to have a really high weight loss next week as he was in the hospital this week and from watching The Biggest Loser he probably has a lot of fluid retention. The previews also indicated that one of the contestants will lose 17lbs in the next episode.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.

There is a new episode on July 5th, 2010.

July 5, 2010 - Hip Hop week

The dancers are paired off into partners and doing a hip hop battle. Since Katie has immunity this week she is doing a solo routine.

Wow, talk about tension in the house. Everyone seems to be cracking. Plateaus? Strain of 4 weeks of working hard, eating clean. I do think though that after 3 very successful weeks of weight loss this is where people start to get complacent and don't measure as carefully, eat that one or two bites of junk food and don't lose as much weight regardless of how hard they workout. I have seen it on Biggest Loser. As Danny said he measured and weighted everything because that made the difference in his win.

I was not surprised that Adamme had that huge weight loss because again I have seen that happen on Biggest Loser, where a contestant had been sent to the hospital was pumped full of fluids and barely lost any weight that week and yet the following week had a huge weight loss. What in fact was measured was 2 weeks of weight loss and that is exactly what happened to Adamme; 17.6lbs. Congratulations.

After 4 weeks the contestants wt loss is:

Men
    Adamme - 40.2 lbs - 13.32% body wt lost
    Michael - 36.5 lbs - 12.7%
    Corey - 35.6 lbs -10.9%

Women
    Briana - 28.9 lbs - 9.97%
    Stephanie - 26.5 lbs - 12.8%
    Erica - 22.6 lbs - 9.7%
    Katie - 21.7 lbs - 10.0%
    Latoya - 21.4 lbs - 9.86%
    Kiki - 20.7 lbs - 9.39%
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.

July 12, 2010 - Sum Sum Summertime

Rats! Briana injured herself and was eliminated.

Briana tore her medial collateral ligament (MCL). I don't think that would have happened if she hadn't been so heavy and out of shape. Still I give her kudos for trying her hardest. Briana was my underdog favorite I was really rooting for her and I hope she is well and can continue her weight loss journey.

Adamme my other favorite had the highest dance score again. What I like about Adamme and Briana is that regardless of their shape and size they threw themselves wholeheartedly into the competition and regardless of the dance style gave it their all and "bless her heart" you could see Briana shake her booty or her hips if called for. This is in sharp contrast to Corey and Michael's performances last night. I don't care that you don't like hip hop, or don't have that much dance experience, there was a huge disconnect between their shoulder and arms and their legs, their torsos and hips were totally ignored. When you dance your entire body is involved. To me at least it seems pretty obvious that Corey and Michael will be the next two eliminated. Considering both are over 6 ft their weight loss has not been all that high either. Erica is saving herself through her dance skills and not by her weight loss either. I also don't understand why the judges keep giving Latoya such high scores, I think Stephanie did better.

After 5 wks:

Men:
    Adamme - 47.1 lbs
    Corey - 41.2 lbs
    Michael - 43.0 lbs

Women:
    Erica - 25.1 lbs
    Katie - 25.6 lbs
    Latoya - 26.1 lbs
    Stephanie - 30.5 lbs

Most of the contestants are blogging on the Dance Your Ass Off Oxygen website. Here is part of Adamme's blog about Briana.

This workout was much easier on the joints. | Dance Your A** Off | Oxygen

Briana, for me, is my Family, support, counselor, Light, passion, Power, Spiritual, and my Friend. We say it all the time, we are the Female and male versions of each other! To see Briana in all her "determination" and "will" go after her choreography with all her might and then land so hard on the ground that her Knee literally popped and the acl was busted along with the mcl, it killed me to watch that happen. She is a fighter till the end. Major surgery is needed and now she is going to be down for some time. My partner in the house is leaving and Iím so sad to see her go. Iíll never forget I was hugging her and we cried sad disappointed tears. I reassured her God has his plan and you will be ok. In life we have disappointing tragic moments that hurt us and we canít explain "it does not seem fair" but we give faith to God, Surrender, and try to move forward! Iím going to miss you Briana but I promised her I would honor her everyday. I now will fight with that much more fire under my belt. All I could do was hug her and tell it was all going to be ok and that I will do all that I can to never give up. "It was supposed to be us up together, this is all wrong, it was supposed to be us UP together." I pray that my wifey Bri Bri is Fierce and if I know like I think I know her, she will be up and running in less time than the doctors estimate. I respect Briana as a person, as a dancer, and her spirit is beautiful. I love you mamicitaÖI miss you...I promise to make you proud! Love your boi Adamme' GlamRockStarz.
    God Bless You Briana. Best of luck. You were my favorite underdog and I could see that you were headed for the top three in the finale.

+ Reply to Thread