+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

PS: the reason I used Mile's second week weight in photo is that the shot I had of week 1 had him turning his face and upper body and you really couldn't see much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

MRD

Bearcata, thanks for the stats and reviews. I was very impressed with Miles and Alicia and Tara for what they did after the show. Warren, Brandon and Karla, didn't do anything, but the rest seem to have made some great changes.

I really liked this show a lot.

Now that Alicia has gotten control of her body, it's time to work on the emotions. Still crying after all those pounds.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3707390;
    Bearcata, thanks for the stats and reviews. I was very impressed with Miles and Alicia and Tara for what they did after the show. Warren, Brandon and Karla, didn't do anything, but the rest seem to have made some great changes.

I really liked this show a lot.

Now that Alicia has gotten control of her body, it's time to work on the emotions. Still crying after all those pounds.
    You are welcome. Glad to do it. What does surprise me is that even when given a wonderful an opportunity like this show some contestants can't take advantage of it. One of the troubles with obesity as an addiction is that you have to eat to live vs taking drugs, smoking or drinking alcohol. Still I had hope for Karla but knew Brandon was not ready to embrace this change. But I do have to give them kudos for at least maintaining the weight loss. I think it will stick for Karla but think it will creep back on for Warren and Brandon. As for Alicia not being emotional. Naw...not in this lifetime.

DYAO - Dance Your Ass Off - Season 2

Yes, there will be a season 2 of Dance Your Ass Off on Oxygen.

Dance Your Ass Off Season 2 Announcement and Casting Information

Oxygensearch here Home Shows Movies Schedule Video Music Games Games Community Shop More Oxygen Tweet Hormonoscope Mobile Sweepstakes Newsletter Widgets
    OXYGEN MEDIA GREENLIGHTS SEASON TWO OF HIT SERIES “DANCE YOUR ASS OFF”
    New York, NY – November 2, 2009 – Oxygen Media today announced the return of the popular, weight loss/dance competition series, “Dance Your Ass Off” for a second season to air in 2010. The announcement was made today by Amy Introcaso-Davis, Senior Vice President, Original Programming and Development for Oxygen Media.

The critically acclaimed series, and Oxygen's most watched freshman series in network history, “Dance Your Ass Off” returns for its sophomore season with Magical Elves, the production company behind the successful Bravo series "Top Chef." Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz will serve as executive producers. Lisa Ann Walter conceived the original “Dance Your Ass Off” and exec produces along with Kate Rigg.

“We loved watching as contestants danced off nearly five hundred pounds, and are proud to bring our audience another season of this exciting competition format,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, Senior Vice President, Original Programming and Development for Oxygen Media. “We’re looking forward to working with Magical Elves on ‘Dance Your Ass Off,’ and with them we hope to inspire the entire country to eat healthy and get off the couch and dance!”

“‘Dance Your Ass Off’ is a vibrant and infectious show, but it also changes people’s lives,” said Dan Cutforth, Executive Producer, Magical Elves. “The format is an amazing platform for compelling stories and great entertainment, and we’re excited to become a part of it.”

The first of its kind hybrid series that combines two popular genres -- weight loss and dance competition -- “Dance Your Ass Off” became Oxygen's most watched freshman series in network history among W18-49 (382,000), A18-49 (494,000) and more than one million total viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

“Dance Your Ass Off” features talented, full-figured contestants who struggle with their weight and dance to unleash their inner thin. Last season, the contestants’ 'thinspiration" resulted in more than 500 lbs. lost. The series pairs each contestant with a professional dance partner who trains them for their weekly stage performances. Then they burn up the dance floor and the calories in front of a live studio audience and a panel of expert judges. The judges score the routines, and then the contestants weigh in to reveal their weekly weight loss. The dance score and the weight loss are combined for an overall score, which determines who is sent home each week.

Casting for the new season is currently under way. For complete casting information, go to www.dyao.oxygen.com and Oxygen - Dance Your Ass Off Season 2 | Casting Duo.

About Magical Elves
    Magical Elves is the production team behind some of the highest quality reality programming on television. Since their partnership began eight years ago, The Elves, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz, have been nominated for eleven Primetime Emmys. This year Project Runway and Top Chef are both nominated in the Outstanding Reality Competition category for the third year in succession. Magical Elves are the recipients of the first Peabody Award ever presented to a reality television program for Project Runway and they produced 4 of Entertainment Weekly's 20 Best Reality Shows of all time. Notable credits include “Bands on the Run”, “Project Greenlight” and “Last Comic Standing” and the Elves have several shows in production including “Top Chef”, “Top Chef Masters”, “Top Chef: Just Desserts”, “The Art Show” and “Kell on Earth” for Bravo and “Arranged Marriage” for CBS.

About Oxygen Media
    Oxygen Media is a multiplatform lifestyle brand that delivers relevant and entertaining content to young women, wherever they are. Oxygen is rewriting the rulebook for women's media, with a vast array of unconventional and original content including "Bad Girls Club," "Dance Your Ass Off" and "Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood." Popular features online include makeOvermatic, tweetOverse and hormoneOscope. Available in 75 million homes, online at Homepage | Online TV Shows | Reality TV Shows | Stars & Fans | Live Out Loud, Oxygen, or on mobile devices at wap.oxygen.com, Oxygen Media is a service of NBC Universal.

Advertisement

Newsletter SignupSign up to receive special offers and promotions from Oxygen.

Join
    navigationHome TV Shows Schedule Sweepstakes Video Movies Mobile Games Community NBC Universal Join the NBCU Panel
    TM & Copyright © 1998-2010 Oxygen Media. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use| Privacy Policy| Corporate Info| Contact Us
    Casting was done in November and December 2009

Dance Your Ass Off Season 2 | Obsessed : Things We Love | Oxygen

Dance Your Ass Off Season 2
    Our weight loss/dance-off returns for a second season.

We loved the inspiring stories from last season's Dance Your Ass Off. All totaled, our 12 finalists lost 500 pounds combined during and after the show. We got to see faves like Shayla, Pinky, and Ruben literally dance their asses off through incredible dance routines and grueling workouts. Well, guess what? DYAO is coming back for a second season in 2010. You can read the full press release here.

Can you pop, lock, and drop it like it's hot? If you've got a little junk in the trunk and want to show America your dance moves, we want to hear from you! We'll be holding open casting calls in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York. Here are the deets:

LOS ANGELES
    Saturday, November 21, 2009
    10am-4pm
    Millennium Dance Complex
    5113 Lankershim Blvd.
    North Hollywood, CA 91601-3718

DALLAS
    Saturday, December 5, 2009
    10am-4pm
    Dallas Powerhouse of Dance (In Summertree Shopping Center)
    12300 Inwood Road #124
    Dallas, TX 75244

NEW YORK
    Friday, December 18, 2009
    1pm- 8pm
    Paul Pellicoro's Dance Sport
    22 West 34th Street, East Entrance (Next to the Empire State Building)
    New York, NY 10001

CHICAGO
    Saturday, December 12, 2009
    10am-4pm
    218 S. Wabash, 3rd Floor
    Chicago, IL 60604
    (Behind the Symphony Center, on the corner of Adams Street. NOTE: This is a warehouse with the address on the front of the building)

In the meantime, apply here. And, as they say on the show, may the best dancer lose!
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-01-2010 at 11:10 AM.

FYI:

Marissa Jaret Winokur Dropped as Host of Dance Your Ass Off - PEOPLE TV Watch

Dance Your Ass Off will get a little spicier when Mel B takes over as host, replacing Marissa Jaret Winokur, for the show’s second season.

“Dancing has been a big part of my life,” says Mel B, a member of pop sensation, the Spice Girls. The announcement was made Sunday at the Television Critics’ Association conference in Pasadena, Calif. “I kind of fell into it. I didn’t go, ‘I’m going to dance and lose weight.’ I did it and it just ended up happening, which is brilliant!”

A rep for Winokur tells PEOPLE that the decision to not return for a second season was mutual. “Marissa’s reasons for not returning to season 2 are the following: the format of the program did not allow her to interact with the contestants and offer them encouragement and support, and criticism she received from producers regarding her appearance,” her rep says.

But executive producer, Dan Cutforth, says replacing Winokur was simply a matter of finding someone more relevant to the show’s viewers.

“There was a portion of the audience that absolutely loved [Winokur] and a portion that didn’t connect so much with her,” says Cutforth. “We wanted to find a host that really, really connected with our core audience. The core Oxygen audience grew up Spice Girl fans!”

Mel B, a dancer, singer and mother of two, says to expect a Spice Girl announcement in a couple of months but until then, fans will have to get their fix of girl power on Dance Your Ass Off, which has yet to set a premiere date.

“I’m so excited about doing this show,” she says, “because you get to know [the contestants] and follow them along on their story and their journey.” –Elaine Aradillas and Monica Rizzo
    Ah...snarky producers probably wanted her to lose weight.

As a side note season one contestant Alicia Duque, was at some of the casting auditions. Alicia showed up at the reunion 90lbs thinner, she has lost an additional 20lbs for a total of 110lbs. Alicia started the show at 257, was 209 at the finale, and 167 at the union. She is now 147. Congratulations Alicia.

The preshow was on last night, June 7th, 2010. I watched about half of it last night and they showed the auditions in LA, Dallas, Chicago, NYC and online. Only 25 people were going to have a chance at the 12 spots in the show. I was amazed at how many people did auditions and at how high the skill levels were. If any of the contestants from season 1 were auditioning this year I don't know if any of them could have made it on the show.

The 25 contestants were divided into 2 groups who danced before the judges and it looks as if only 2 from each group will be able to go on to the show. It looks as if the judges will be doing more choreography ala So You Think You Can Dance.

Mel B, from the Spice Girls, is the new host and she looks hot. She mentioned at one time she had been almost 70lbs heavier so she knows what the contestants feel like.

Right now there are only 2 judges, Lisa Ann Walter and Danny Teeson from season 1. I have a feeling that there might be a rotating third judge.

Saw the rest of the preview. Interesting to note that the judges brought in the doctor to help decide who to pick. It was kinda brutal listening to the doctor discuss Matt and Briana as being so evenly large from neck to ankle that they would have to lose an incredible amount of weight before their basic shape would even change. Based on that alone I thought neither contestant had a chance. Briana was picked though. Again I must say that the dance level is quite high for this season and one or two of the men don't have the skill level but I can tell the judges picked them more for hoping the experience would be life changing. At this point my fave is probably Adamme with Briana as my pick for underdog.

June 14th, 2010 - first weight in and dance off. Episode 2 "Let's Get It Started".

I thought the premise of dancers pairing off and having a dance off was very interesting. I didn't think too highly of the names of the dances...I think it was stretching it a bit to call what the dancers did different dance styles. Regardless it was interesting to watch. I loved Brianna. Sandra and Meredith were great and Adamme and Cory were out of this world. Unfortunately in this style of contest where the partner with the higher marks is immune, sometimes the other partner who did almost as well and way better than the others is still up for elimination.

The right person went home tonight. Caleb made a major mistake. He gave up on the dance part of the competition and depended on the weight loss portion to pull him through. In this particular competition, contestants will either be stronger in the weight loss part or the dance part of it. But neither part can be ignore. If dance is your strong suit then the weight loss portion is your back up plan to winning. If weight loss is your strong suit then dancing is your back up plan to win. The judges can tell when you give up and don't even try and will grade you appropriately. Caleb gave up and only got a 4.3 for his dance efforts. The lowest in the competition.

I am annoyed with Oxygen and the crappy bios they gave out about the contestants. Only half of the bios mention the age and none mention height. How the heck are we supposed to figure out the BMI's and other stats about the contestants I and others like to nit pick over.

+ Reply to Thread