+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

I was disappointed with this show, the dancers are quite horrible. It all reminds me of a very bad 6th grade dance recital, and please have someone dress Marissa better, they are using a double spanx/corset to make her appear thinner than she is, all the while pushing all her fat up up up and down down down, giving her the world's worst impression of a "curvy" figure. Cant we just ban sleeveless dresses for her??

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3657234;
    I was disappointed with this show, the dancers are quite horrible. It all reminds me of a very bad 6th grade dance recital, and please have someone dress Marissa better, they are using a double spanx/corset to make her appear thinner than she is, all the while pushing all her fat up up up and down down down, giving her the world's worst impression of a "curvy" figure. Cant we just ban sleeveless dresses for her??
    You must realize that these dancers/contestants only had one week to prepare for their first dance and only allowed to practice with their dance partners for 2 hours a day (they could practice on their own) unlike "Dancing With The Stars" where the celebrities had 6 to 7 weeks practice time and some were dancing with their partners 5 to 8 hours a day. Big difference and they are a lot skinnier so that translates differently.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched the show again last night and it really does help if you turn the sound off or very low especially when the dancers are doing the tango. The movements just make so much more sense.

I must agree with the judges, Reuben absolutely deserved the 3 10's for the tango. I can appreciate Mara's theatrics for her tango and so did one of the judges but it seemed that took the place of other tango content. I can honestly say that Shayla and Reuben are the best dancers and they are the two I would like to see in the finale but I may not get my wish as we have seen in the last 2 episodes weight loss can be a big factor as Alicia and Pinky should know. I hope that next week's surprise visit from friends and family does not seriously derail either Reuben or Shayla as I would be very sad to see either go. At this point I would be very happy with either one winning.

What does annoy me about Alicia? I think it is her victim attitude, it really rubs me the wrong way. I truly do hope she gains some confidence from this show and the weight loss and gets rid of the poor me 'tude.

August 17, 2009 - there are 3 episodes left. The finale will be on August 31st, 2009 and will be 75 minutes long. All the eliminated contestents will be at the finale. Hope they all weight in. I am really anticipating seeing Tara and some of the other ladies. I do hope there are before and after photos.

Being a little chubby myself, I don't lilke to watch it jiggle and wiggle and sweat....do it in the gym and just show us the highlights and results...in the meantime, I would rather watch movie stars and see if they are talented ... maybe hope they fall...LOL Big difference to me from watching the pro's and the exercise class. I am not the type to sit in my car outside Gold Gym either.

August 17th, 2009

week 8 - Family Week - dances: 80's and foxtrot

Routines to 80's music

Pinky is first out and wow she did great. She is really moving and has lots of energy. I must say I can't see her brothers keeping her out of their dance crew now especially with her having lost 24 lbs and after seeing the before and after shots, you can see how much of her stomach is now gone.

Dance score of 9 + 9 + 9 for an average of 9

Reuben wow if nothing else he is in sync with his partner and with the music.

Dance score of 9 + 8 + 9 for an average of 8.7

Alicia did a routine to "Mickey". Like Danny said it was a lot of running around and no content and yet Mayte gave her a 10. Huh?

Dance score of 10 + 8 + 8 for an average of 8.7

Shayla did a snappy routine to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I loved it. She had turns and jumps and lots of content.

Dance score of 10 + 9 + 9 for an average of 9.3

The Foxtrot

Alicia I must say this is the most beautiful I have seen Alicia look. She looked poised and graceful and looks great with her hair pulled back and with red lipstick. Her shoulders are looking good. She even looked graceful on the floor and moved very well.

Dance score of 8 + 10 + 8 for an average of 8.7

Lost 5.9 lbs this week for a total of 41.5 lbs and her before and after pictures are amazing.

Shayla great dance but lacked a bit of energy.

Dance score of 9 + 8 + 8 for and average of 8.8

Lost 4.5 lbs this week for a total of 29.5 lbs and you can really see it in the gut in the before and after pictures.

Pinky and Reuben have the lowest weight loses this week. First time ever for Reuben and yeah, same ole, same ole for Pinky.

Pinky I must say it looked as if Pinky started out alright and the sound on my TV was really off or she and her partner were way off rhythm with that routine.

Dance score of 7 + "blank" + 8

Lost 3.7lbs, which is actually good for Pinky and you can really see it now especially in her gut and face.

Reuben wow, Reuben has such musicality and he just flows well and partners well and is wonderful to watch.

Dance score of 10 + 10 + 10 for an average of 30. Another perfect score that is two perfect scores in two weeks.

Alicia is in the semifinal and Shayla, Reuben and Pinky are on the hot seat to see who goes. Shayla is safe. It is between Reuben and Pinky. The judges read off Reuben scores and with that perfect 10 for the foxtrot I see my wish of Pinky getting eliminated coming true. What she gets a pass. All 4 of the remaining contestants will be in the semifinal and I guess there will be 3 contestants in the finale. At least Reuben had the highest score this week. While not as a talented dancer as either Reuben or Shayla, Alicia continues to do well due to being able to lost 5+ lbs a week.

I must say I liked the top part of Marissa's dress tonight as she finally had sleeves and it changed the silhouette of upper body and her arms look thin and her bosom looked smaller. That being said what happened to her tummy. Lost her spanx??? The bottom of that dress was way too tight and looked horrible.

Well, next week is makeover week but from the previews it doesn't look like any of the women did anything drastic like actually change their hairstyle. Come on what the heck is the purpose of having a makeover if you don't change anything?

Anyway, I look forward to next week in the hope one of the ones I want to go home finally does.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-18-2009 at 09:10 PM.

I just realized that Pinky had the worst dance score and least weight loss this week and yeap she is still here. Boy is she lucky.

2 more episodes left. Monday is the semi finale.

Please, please let either Pinky or Alicia go. May be it will be a double elimination?? I can only hope.

August 24, 2009 - the semifinals

Wow, Alicia is gone. How do I feel about that? mmm ...kinda sad. I think I really would have preferred if Pinky went. Why? Because, although Pinky is the better dancer, I feel as if Alicia embraced the entire program of nutrition, exercise and dancing more fully then Pinky did. From the very beginning Pinky had issues with her food and although some weeks she did well nutrition wise I don't think that her doing her food plan properly has yet been resolved. That being said, even if Pinky gets all 10s on both sets of dances if she continues her pattern of losing less then 2 lbs a week she has no chance of winning and will probably come in third.

Wow, you can really see were the weight has come off in Pinky's and Shayla's torsos. Congratulations.

Still, at 5'4" and 211 lbs I have a hard time believing Alicia is now a size 16 down from being a size 20 at 257 lbs and Pinky at 5'3" and 161 lbs is a size 8. Must be some very generous sizing.

Oh, I forgot to mention, mucho congratulations to Alicia for losing 45 lbs in 9 weeks that is an incredible accomplishment and I truly hope that she can continue to embrace her lifestyle change in the real world and also help her mom and sister with their weight.

If anyone missed the semifinals the show repeats at 7 pm on Wednesday and Friday and at 2pm on Saturday.

Again the finale is August 31, 2009 and will be 75 minutes long.

+ Reply to Thread