+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

My daughter and I were watching this show and we were arguing the whole time about the thing below Alicia's nose. I say it's a mole, my daughter thought it was a piercing. Does anyone know?

We hate the host. She is the most annoying and obnoxious person ever. And, what's up with her being so fat? Isn't the goal to lose weight? She is a terrible example to these contestants. They should have Marie Osmond host it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3624548;
    My daughter and I were watching this show and we were arguing the whole time about the thing below Alicia's nose. I say it's a mole, my daughter thought it was a piercing. Does anyone know?

We hate the host. She is the most annoying and obnoxious person ever. And, what's up with her being so fat? Isn't the goal to lose weight? She is a terrible example to these contestants. They should have Marie Osmond host it or something.
    I think the whole point is that she starred in a Broadway play and was on Dancing with the Stars and did quite well, all that while being a plus size.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3624814;
    I think the whole point is that she starred in a Broadway play and was on Dancing with the Stars and did quite well, all that while being a plus size.
    Ok. But, wouldn't that be a good person for a show that's premise is to empower plus-sized people? The premise of this show is not to make plus-size people feel good about themselves as they are, but to get them to lose weight through diet and exercise (including dance). It should have a host who has done just that.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3628329;
    Ok. But, wouldn't that be a good person for a show that's premise is to empower plus-sized people? The premise of this show is not to make plus-size people feel good about themselves as they are, but to get them to lose weight through diet and exercise (including dance). It should have a host who has done just that.
    Well, Marissa is quiet a bit smaller than the contestants and she can dance and dance well, which is more than I can say about the majority of the contestants. I think that the producers were hoping that her name recognition from being on Dancing with the Stars would get people to watch this show. Personally, I don't see Marissa being more than 30lbs overweight. She is only 5'0" tall and very curvey. The contestants on the other hand are majorly obsese. Mara, Trice and Reuben need to lose 120 plus pounds. Pinky and Shayla more in the 70 to 80 pound range.

But in reference to the main piont in your argument, the middle judge has mentioned several times that she too has been overweight as a dancer and knows what it feels like to move that extra weight.

I checked out the trainer's blog and he said that someone was sneaking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches; we know that was Pinky, and that Brandon was very young (20) and never eats any vegetables or fruits. I wonder if that was like never, ever???

week 6 - Swing - 8/03/09

I am upset, the girl who lost the least amount of weight (13.9 lbs in 6 weeks) won over the girl who has lost the most (31.0 lbs in 6 weeks). I feel that Pinky fell off the wagon and reverted back to her old eating habits after having done so well last week I feel that Pinky is totally disrespecting the show which is to follow the food plan and use dance to help lose weight. She is falling back on training and dance practice to lose the weight. She knows she can score well because she has a dance background. The trouble is with only 5 contestants left who are superior weight losers I cannot see that happening for the remainder of the episodes. Even Danny said he feels that she was lucky that she didn't go home tonight. Poor Trice. She did a great job with the swing and you can see that she is really learning to use her entire body to dance. She is learning to reconnect to her body and it is was truly wonderful to see. I can honestly see her taking the lessons she learned during the show and applying it to her real life and continuing with her weight loss. Best Wishes to Trice.

MRD

Actually Marissa has lost a great deal of weight herself, so I think she is a good role model to the contestants.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3636104;
    Actually Marissa has lost a great deal of weight herself, so I think she is a good role model to the contestants.
    Really, how much? She has this incredible tiny waist and flat stomach unless that is due to spanx.

August 10, 2009 - episode 7 - 2 dances: hip hop and tango

I enjoyed last night's show, but must admit it is hard to really see anyone dance tango to some of the music that was picked. I really though that the judges would crucify Reuben for his slow hip hop but they loved it. I think it is pretty obvious now that Alicia is the least talented dancer in the group. I thought her tango lacked passion and she needs to dance from her core but has yet to figure out that body mind connection. I am truly surprised she is still here, but this is competition based on weight loss and dancing ability and one balances the other and at this point in the competition with only 5 contestants every little thing can effect the outcome. To be honest I was surprised that Pinky is still in the running. I am getting the impression though that she may be someone who loses a lot one week and not much the next and that is just how her body does it. If so, then she is doomed next week.

What is really great is at the weight in they are showing the before and after photos of the contestants and now that they have lost 20, 30 or more pounds you can now see the results. Alicia's face is obviously thinner. I think she is very bottom heavy and that her legs will be the last body part to get into shape. I must admit I was very impressed that 3 of the contestants lost 6.4 lbs each. With only 3 more episodes left it will be interesting to see how they will look. At this point it is looking as if the women will be averaging about 30 to 50 lbs lost and Reuben of course losing between 60 - 70 lbs. I sincerely hope that this contest is the boost that all the contestants need to continue their weight loss journeys at home. It would be nice if at the finale the producers have a how do they look now" clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3636327;
    Really, how much? She has this incredible tiny waist and flat stomach unless that is due to spanx.
    Not that there's anything wrong with a little Spanx(ing).

Great that she's losing weight & feeling good about herself. Not so great that her clothes are at least two sizes too small -- they actually make her look bigger than she is.

+ Reply to Thread