+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3575669;
    Males have a much easier time losing weight and do it faster than women, even if they are following the same rules and not cheating. This is also the case on the Biggest Loser. Because men just naturally have more muscle mass, their bodies react faster to exercise because their metabolism is faster. They try to make up for the difference by calculating percentage of weight loss, but it really doesn't help the gals.
    When Marissa gives the stats after the performance she does state the percentage of body fat lost by the contestents and the contestents are average between 1 and 2% body fat lost each week. Of course 2% of a 300lb male is going to read higher than 2% of a 249lb female. I truly do believe that not all the contestents are following the dictates of the food and exercise plan. Brandon admitted the first week he was not eating all his fruit and veggies. He admitted last week that he wasn't doing the second daily workout. Miles admited he was not following the food plan as exactly as he should. Even one of the females said she was giving up white bread that week. I truly believe that the one reason we see such tremendous results in the Biggest Loser show is that as couples the teams bring in their own support groups and also later as the Blue vs Black team have team members to support them and they have their coaches around them alot more then the contestents on DYAO.

Tonight is Lating Dance Night.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

wk 4 - Latin

Wow, the ladies have found their competitive edge that was amazing. Reuben has always seemed dead on focused on losing the weight and dancing well. It took Miles a week or two to get it and now the majority of the ladies are also on fire. Congratulations.

I am not surprised Brandon went home. I was soooo over his puppy dog tears by episode 2. He never was giving it his all. He would either dance well and not do the diet or vice a versa, he never seemed to be able to do both. I just felt he was sliding by. I don't know if it his age, life experience, that perhaps overweight males are not judged as harshly in our society as overweight females or what but I think Brandon has never truly pushed himself in anything he did and as a direct result he goes home tonight. I truly hope he continues with the diet and exercise program but I do not have high hopes for him. On the other hand I feel that Tara did get the program and will carry on in her non TV life and be successful with the weight loss.

Now that the contestents are down to 9, I liked how they explained a bit more about their nutrition and workouts. I have wondered why Pinky is having such a hard time losing weight. She has saved herself because of her dancing ability but if she does not figure out the diet part soon she will not be here for the last part of the season. I was truly shocked when she said she had been eating 1089 calories and after meeting with the nutritionist they reduced that to 980 (or so calories a day). What! How many times have I read and heard that you never should go under 1200 calories a day for a female as it puts you in starvation mode and your body hangs on to the fat and will not release it. I have seen this several times on Biggest Loser and when the contestents are told to eat more to keep their metabolisms burning they actually lose more weight. This is a big issue and needs to be addressed. I am shocked that a professional nutritionist even suggested Pinky do this. I also have an issue with her working out. She says she works out 2 hours a day with her dance partner and then runs 1.5 miles. Well after watching her on the treadmill she is obviously pretty fast and is probably done in about 20 or 25 minutes. She should be doing 60 minutes of cardio in the morning and 60 minutes in the evening. I truly believe she is not eating enough and not working out enough.

I usually end up watching the episodes twice, the first time for the scores and the second time to actually relax and watch the dancing and apprecitate it. Tara leaving was valid and she was the last of the least talented dancers to go. Brandon does move much better then she does. Still those left are quite good and I think the competition will go to the one who can focus on both the dancing and the dieting. Loved Pinky, she can move. Reuben was good also and thankfully he finally closed his mouth during his presentation. Mara did well with Black Magic Woman but I can see what one of the judges said about her not letting her partner lead her. Shayla was fabulous as well as Trice. With 7 contestents left it will be a very close and exciting competition.

FORT Regular

i thought the same thing when she said the nutritionist reduced her calories to 980. that's absurd. even the contestant that said she was cutting her 4oz of chicken in half made me think of the episode of BL when bob's team had to do a video diary of their meal. he was shocked that the three of them all shared one piece of fish.

MRD

You can really tell who's working it and who is not. Ruben is working it hard. Men typically lose more and faster than women. THe more you weigh, the quicker you lose in the beginning. It shows with Ruben. I was shocked that some of the bigger contestants haven't lost more.
    Plus, the more they work out, the more muscle they build and muscle weighs more than fat, so that could be part of it too.

But I love this show. I think that it's not making fun of fat people, instead it's giving them self confidence to go out and do stuff and wear things that they might not do or wear because of their weight. They are trying a lot of new things and I think you can see the changes in how they feel about themselves from week to week.

If Ruben continues to do this well, I think he or Trice might be the winner. Pinky gets on my last nerve.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3614744;
    You can really tell who's working it and who is not. Ruben is working it hard. Men typically lose more and faster than women. THe more you weigh, the quicker you lose in the beginning. It shows with Ruben. I was shocked that some of the bigger contestants haven't lost more.
    Plus, the more they work out, the more muscle they build and muscle weighs more than fat, so that could be part of it too.

But I love this show. I think that it's not making fun of fat people, instead it's giving them self confidence to go out and do stuff and wear things that they might not do or wear because of their weight. They are trying a lot of new things and I think you can see the changes in how they feel about themselves from week to week.

If Ruben continues to do this well, I think he or Trice might be the winner. Pinky gets on my last nerve.
    Typically all the contestants are losing between 1% and 2% per week. It's just that it sounds like a lot more when you lose 2% of 300lbs vs 2% of 200lbs.

week 5

I knew it, I knew it Pinky was not doing well on her diet, she was doing too much peanut butter and jelly. She had to actually eat 3 vegetables and 2 fruits a day. You should have seen the expression on her face when she was eating, like it tasted like ick. But there you go she lost 4.2 lbs.

I was very sad to see Miles go but the dance he picked just showed to the extreme how he didn't have too much of a dance background. Still I hope he does well at home with his food. I sincerely hope we see all the contestants at the finale to see how they have done at home.

I must admit some of the music choices and the dance combinations sounded horrible. That Reuben could pull of a foxtrot was amazing. I saw him point his toes and raise and fall with the steps. Alicia sounded very defensive about her performance. At this point shouldn't her dance partner be choreographing to her skill level. She does not perform at the level of Shayla, Trice and Mara. I would not be surprised if she went home next week. Kudos to Trice for really trying with All That Jazz. I totally think that Mayte is too hard on the contestants as they really do not have a lot of dance background and had no time to prepare for this show and only have a week or so to prepare for each show.

Am I the only one that cant stand the host?! I cant put my finger on it, but i really cannot stand her .. Makes me not want to watch the show.

On the flip side: everyone that is on this show has a great personality. They are all in it to win it, and i like that. Can they dance? Not so well, but they have so much confidence when they are out there, its so easy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay_na;3620362;
    Am I the only one that cant stand the host?! I cant put my finger on it, but i really cannot stand her .. Makes me not want to watch the show.

On the flip side: everyone that is on this show has a great personality. They are all in it to win it, and i like that. Can they dance? Not so well, but they have so much confidence when they are out there, its so easy to watch.
    You are not the only person to comment that they do not like the host. I think it is her perky personality. That perkiness can really grate on people. I had a roommate like that in college. Really nice person but not first thing in the morning. I just ignore her 'cause I just want to see what happens on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast