+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

Re: Dance Your Ass Off - on Oxygen

August 16th, 2010 - Final Three

Aaaaah......poor Michael was eliminated.

mmmm......which means Latoya is still here. She is not well liked on the other boards.

Pounds Lost:
    Men:
    1. Adamme - 85.9 lbs
    2. Michael - 73.6 lbs

Women:
    1. Latoya - 48.3 lbs
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've watched bits and pieces of this show, primarily just the dancing segments. So I don't know much about personalities, or who's been talking smack about who, etc.

But when Michael said that there was *one* person there who embodied the spirit of the show and *that person* should win, I thought "meeooww".

(The camera panned to Adamme when he said this, so of course now I'm wondering, was LaToya portrayed as some sort of bitch?)

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;4040089;
    I've watched bits and pieces of this show, primarily just the dancing segments. So I don't know much about personalities, or who's been talking smack about who, etc.

But when Michael said that there was *one* person there who embodied the spirit of the show and *that person* should win, I thought "meeooww".

(The camera panned to Adamme when he said this, so of course now I'm wondering, was LaToya portrayed as some sort of bitch?)
    Not much cattiness has really been portrayed but there have been at least 2 scenes were Latoya has expressed toward the house that she feels not a part of it and the others have indicated she is not the most liked person in the house. Also in practically every confessional of hers; and no one else's, she expresses that its her alone, that everyone hates her etc... Some of the others have expressed that they don't think she is here for the right reasons.

But is on the other message boards where you see a lot of Latoya bashing.

But I do understand MIchaels comments about who should win, and that would be Adamme and he does equally hold to the dancing and weight loss ideal of the show. I think also that because Latoya had so much more dance training than the others they don't feel she should be in the house. And she does tend to let the other feels as if she is better than they are. It is not all one sided. Latoya does instigate some things.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;4040089;

You know I started out liking Adamme, but now noticed that he is the most cattiest person of the whole group. LaToya has her moments, but not as bad as the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;4040284;
    You know I started out liking Adamme, but now noticed that he is the most cattiest person of the whole group. LaToya has her moments, but not as bad as the guys.

That is amazing, and its what I like about this site. I never have seen Adamme as catty, Michael yes, partly due to his frustration with Latoya's dance training and never being able to beat her. Now Latoya I would definitely cast as this season's Alicia (emotional crier).

Thanks for the extra background, Bearcata and Princess07.

Wow, so Adamme has no dance training/experience? Now if that's the case, I'm impressed.

And I do remember learning in an early episode that Latoya had been a dancer, which made me wonder at the time if she wouldn't have an obvious (and unfair) advantage over some of the poor shlubs who had no dance experience. I think it's a fair point to make.

On the other hand, I also don't understand why men are competing against women during a relative short time period. From what I've read, men tend to lose weight more quickly (or maybe it's just more weight from week to week). Plus if you're a woman, and you have to weigh in at the wrong time of the month--well, it just seems that the deck is stacked against the women on this show.

Let me clarify a bit. Season 1 it was very evident that the majority of the contestants were talented amateur dancers, with Reuben having been a profession dancer at one point. But he was in his 40's during his season so very far away from when he was dancing professionally. Now, season 2 is a very different story were practically all the auditions had some very talented dancers. Latoya in fact had a scholarship to a dance school and had mucho more experience than the others. Latoya's greater and better dance experience was a very real bone of contention and caused a lot of the tension in the house between Latoya and her housemates. That and her attitude. Or it might have been her competitiveness.

For some reason the boards aren't letting me edit my post. So...having the men compete against the women is not unfair because the weight loss is calculated as a percentage of what the person has lost not straight poundage.

For Example: to lose 2.9% of your body fat

Contestant 1: who weights 300lbs would have to lose 8.7 lbs

Contestant 2: who weights 225lbs would have to lose 6.235 lbs

Contestant 3: who weights 150lbs would have to lose 4.64 lbs

In addition dance scores were part of the overall dance score and there were many times the better dancers who didn't lose too much weight won over the not so good dancers who lost a lot of weight. Because it is much more acceptable for females to dance in our society, females tend to have better and more dance training starting at an earlier age therefore having the advantage over the male contestants. Also Latoya who is 5'7" has been losing between 5 or 6 pounds over the last several weight ins so she is very competitive against the larger, less talented males.

At the beginning of the episode the contestants are informed that there will be 3 dance routines. The first will be a group dance will the remaining 3 contestants and their professional dance partners. The second dance routine will be a style of hip hop and the last routine will be a triple threat technical challenge. The contestants will have to doe a series of turns, jumps and work with a prop. The remaining 2 contestants will then go home for one month to live in the real world before coming back for the two part finale.

I do wonder if there will be a twist and one of the eliminated contestants might have a chance at earning a place in the finale? I wouldn't doubt it.

As a bit of an addendum.

While Latoya had very high dance scores of 9.7 and 10 with and average of 9.9. She only lost 1.5lbs this week. Which is 0.9% of her body weight. Still the formula of 9.9 + .9 = 10.8 was enough to beat Micheal's average score of 8 + 1.9% = 9.9. Michael lost 4.1 lbs (which is only 1.9% of his body weight) he needed to lose over 6 lbs to beat Latoya's score.

+ Reply to Thread